Have you given up on coffee?

Options

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I gave up coffee. I am an insomniac, so the caffeine isn't good for me. Even the minute bits of caffeine in decaf trigger me. Also for me the ritual of drinking coffee, having a pastry, etc... sets me up to in wrong. It's just better to do without. I drink tea on occasion, but I haven't replaced coffee with anything. And yes it was hard to give it up, including awful headaches from withdrawal.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Never even crossed my mind to give up coffee. I have to have my first cup of coffee first thing in the morning before I can do anything else. Then the second one after my workout. That is it for the day. I drink it with non dairy creamer and no sugar. I like Harney's Cinnamon Spice Tea at night sometimes. I don't add anything to it. It taste like it has sugar in it but it doesn't. It is delish and takes care of my sweet tooth.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Tea is my main drink but have the occaisional coffee, with cream and sugar.
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I made the switch last week from 2 coffees with milk and sugar to 2 green teas. It actually was not as bad as I thought. GO green! :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee unless I am in Italy. I have always been a tea drinker. I can't function without it.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    One cup in the morning with one teaspoon of sugar and skim milk or So Delicious Coconut Creamer. Not giving it up!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yep, I gave up coffee completely, along with soda. The only drink I have now is water, except for my daily protein shake made with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.

In the past, when I've given up caffeine for a time, I've struggled with headaches the first several days. This time, I was just so motivated and focused, that I didn't notice any withdrawal at all.
  • efamily5
    efamily5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't plan to give up coffee, but I do love tea and will be drinking more tea for the hot summer months. I do drink my coffee black so there are really no calories. Tea, on the other hand is loaded with sugar when I make it or I won't drink it:( The V8 fusion with tea is good.
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    ince i work the night shift I need my coffee....Fat free cream and splenda
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I tryed to cut the coffee out cold turkey and had the most awful headaches. I am weak so I went back to it after 3 days. I have a Keurig coffee maker and they have awesome flavored coffees with little to no calories, managed to cut down to the 6oz size and add 2tbs of international delights sugar free creamer and I am able to make it. My diet Mt Dew I managed to cut out,but coffee..... just a weakness!!!!
  • chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    Used to drink 1 cup a day and during finals week I'd drink maybe 2-3 a day but I stopped a week ago and switched to tea. Almost tastes the same without the caffeine.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I just switched to black coffee. There's no way I'm ever giving it up.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Why give up on coffee again?

Sounds like most people should just give up the sugar and cream, as opposed to the coffee. Having one or two cups of black coffee a day has many benefits. I don't see a reason to get rid of it. On the scale of beverages which are bad for you, it hardly registers. But, to each his own I guess.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Sounds like most people should just give up the sugar and cream, as opposed to the coffee. Having one or two cups of black coffee a day has many benefits. I don't see a reason to get rid of it. On the scale of beverages which are bad for you, it hardly registers. But, to each his own I guess.

THIS.
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    nope I can't I have to have my coffee :drinker:
  • Ley2ndtry
    Ley2ndtry Posts: 136
    Options
    I've cut down on coffee a lot and switched to green tea instead - i would normally have had 6-8 cups in a day, now only 2!

and yeah i take mine black no sugar!
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love my daily coffee! And there are health benefits to drinking some, just don't overdo it. I use Splenda or sugar-free coffee-mate creamer and the entire cup will only be 15-30 calories (for 1-2 Tbsp. of creamer, which is plenty!). I'm not giving up coffee just to cut 30 calories, but I do drink tea occasionally too. It's all about balance. Don't deprive yourself of anything, but just cut back.
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    I have an espresso machine at home and make myself either a hot latte with a double shot or an iced latte with a double shot nearly every morning. I use fat free milk and never liked sugar in my coffee so its only about 88 calories. I also drink tea always with milk and usually with a sugar cube or two. Sometimes in the evening when I'm craving sweets I'll drink coffee instead. It seems to satisfy.

The only time I gave up coffee was when I was pregnant. I don't seem to be addicted, I love the taste of it and honestly it doesn't add any significant calories to my day, so for me there is no need to give it up.
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    I have an espresso machine at home and make myself either a hot latte with a double shot or an iced latte with a double shot nearly every morning. I use fat free milk and never liked sugar in my coffee so its only about 88 calories. I also drink tea always with milk and usually with a sugar cube or two. Sometimes in the evening when I'm craving sweets I'll drink coffee instead. It seems to satisfy.

The only time I gave up coffee was when I was pregnant. I don't seem to be addicted, I love the taste of it and honestly it doesn't add any significant calories to my day, so for me there is no need to give it up.