Not Loosing Weight After being on HCG Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HCG is soooooo bad for you! If youre only eating 500 calories a day then you are in starvation mode....
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I just started round 3 on HCG. I've lost 30 pounds. I just finished three weeks on p3. I can't understand for the life of me why people want to inject their negative thoughts on HCG. As if they are going to change the minds of those who have been on it and had great weight loss with it!! Happy losing ladies!!!

Well tell that to the guys who created MFP because talk of HCG is prohibited on the forums of this website. I'm sure this thread will be closed soon.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to find out a friend of mine has tried alot of things to lose weight...and always gives up. She visited her doctor again....and he put her on the HCG shots. She is just starting, so I have no idea how it will go for her. I was just surprised a doctor was all for it....but he is. She is not really that heavy ....maybe about 180-190 and about 5'6"

Some doctors intentionally, knowingly, prescribe a placebo. If your friend thinks it will work... then it might work. The real question is, did this doctor also prescribe the 500 calories a day? If so... then her doctor is probably a believer of the HCG diet and this makes me sad.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that our users follow the calorie guidelines automatically assigned by our site, unless they are under the direct supervision of a doctor. We are currently reviewing the medical literature on the HCG/500 calorie diet and reserve the right to moderate against discussions of this diet at any time in the future.

Thank you all for your concern. We're definitely looking closely at this issue.

Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.