FOR WOMEN ONLY - PERSONAL QUESTION

13»

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    I've been pregnant twice, nursed two hungery babies and now I have lost 37 pound. I figure between those things and the overall effects of gravity I will be tucking these bad boys into my waistband sometime in the next 10 years or so. I hate to be a quoter, but 'gravity always wins'.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    everyones boobs are shaped dif. i dont think they really change shape just size i went from a 38C to a 36B and i've still got more i want to lose. hopefully it doesnt come from my girls lol its okay mine sit alittle far apart as well but they dont look that much smaller because i've lost rib fat

But I don't want them to be smaller ;-; {EDIT} They are already small enough

um! I actually wear the smallest bra size avaliable, so I think you will be fine!!! It's not a big deal. Being fit with small boobs is alright. Its better than being overweight!!!

I think you actually sparked my question I was looking for. When I get smaller (ergo lose weight), will my breasts fit to my body?
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    I've gone from a very large DD to the smaller end of a D and mine look a little deflated. Doing some chest exercises and hoping they will perk up a bit as I tone up.

Other than that I'm not too worried about them. But I also already have a man that is just happy they are there and that he gets to see them no matter what they look like.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    well let me say that you're boobs are quite similar to mine. I've gotten bigger and they stayed relatively the same size. I have to question though, have you had kids? been pregnant? It seems from what i've noticed those on here that have the changes in boob size tend to be or have been moms. I can't say that for sure as i only have four legged kids. But the body does make them bigger when you get pregnant for a reason so i would say don't worry about it. If it is a big concern (which it shouldn't be as i have stated i am in the same situation) then the best person to consult would be a gyn /dr.

They get bigger when pregnant to prepare for feeding a baby, and are also bigger when nursing. But for many of us who start small, they go back to being small (mine even got a bit smaller after 3 kids, yipes!)
  • ShifuYaku
    Don't any of you think that it's strange that I have always had small breasts even though I'm so heavy? I wear a 38C but that's because I need the bigger size so that it will fit around my ribcage... and sadly I need a new bra anyway ..... ^^^^^ that is small because when I look at them compared to the rest of me, they are VERY small.

It's all in the genetics. I have always been small, except when I'm preg or nursing. Even at my heaviest, I never got beyond a 36B. I put weight in my hips and butt, not my chest. Wish it was otherwise, but at least I can get a good push-up padded bra :)
    My mom and grandma always had LARGE chests, it's the first place weight goes on them (I take after the other side of the family I guess) and last place it leave. Too bad we can't share, right?

Shape and size are really no indication of overall health. As long as you are getting checked yearly by your doc and doing the monthly self-exams, I wouldn't worry too much. In fact, a sudden change would be more of a concern than always having small boobs.

I have never been checked by a doctor... (._.) is that something I should do sometime...?
  • ShifuYaku
    I've gone from a very large DD to the smaller end of a D and mine look a little deflated. Doing some chest exercises and hoping they will perk up a bit as I tone up.

Other than that I'm not too worried about them. But I also already have a man that is just happy they are there and that he gets to see them no matter what they look like.

Hahahah my boyfriend is happy with them too, but I'M not happy with them. :D
  • kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Noones are perfect.Im very self concious of mine being that when I had my reduction that my dr went into labor and I had a male dr at the last minute.He had found masses and removed them -non cancerous,it was fiber cystic breast disease.So,Im all scarred up.My other half says no different but Im very upset with them.We are all different.I havent had kids either I have 2 dogs and 2 fish. I think though I feel good with a good bra and they look better from the outside lol Im just glad none can see all the scars.Its awful. I think you should go somewhere like a victoria secrets/fredricks of hollywood/lane bryant and get measured and tell them how you honestly feel so that they can find you a good bra:) Good Luck hope this helps:)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member

very good point... if you work your pecs they may help your boobs. since that is the muscles that are underneath your boobs.
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Concern you how? If you have real concerns go see your doctor, but if it is more for viewing pleasure, I agree with some of the others- find a good bra that makes them look better. I have been large chested all my life, I found a great bra at JC Penny by Ambriel that makes them look better than they have in a long time. The bra and your confidence make all the difference.

Enjoy the weight loss journey and be healthy in your thinking. Rock those babies. :)
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Looks like you are doing a great job losing! Way to go.
  • alkruszka
    alkruszka Posts: 21 Member
    I've been pregnant twice, nursed two hungery babies and now I have lost 37 pound. I figure between those things and the overall effects of gravity I will be tucking these bad boys into my waistband sometime in the next 10 years or so. I hate to be a quoter, but 'gravity always wins'.

HA! This made me laugh.

On the boob/weight loss note...Until I was around 23 or so I was always a 'Barely B' cup. Then all of a sudden I went to 'C' and then once I started birth control, I was spilling out of a D. I lost 40 pounds a couple years ago (gained it all back since) and went down in band size but not in cup size. I am hoping this time around I at least get down to a C. Because if I hit my goal (which will be almost 100 lb loss), I will be in for some hurtin' with big ole knockers.

To the OP - You're still young and quite possibly still growing. If you're seriously concerned, talk to your doctor. But like I said, I was probably a 36 almost B until my early 20s. And the jump did not come from gaining weight, just from my hormones all of a sudden freaking out. Stupid estrogen.
  • ShifuYaku

very good point... if you work your pecs they may help your boobs. since that is the muscles that are underneath your boobs.

Hmmm once I heard a long time ago it didn't matter how much you worked your pecs... hopefully it's true because I will start doing that if that helps.
  • ShifuYaku
    Looks like you are doing a great job losing! Way to go.

Actually 4 weeks ago I was at 194 ... then it came back. Now I am coming back stronger than I was doing before. What you see in my signature beginning weight is 10 pounds lighter than I used to be last summer.
  • ShifuYaku
    <3 BUMP <3
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    I am so glad mine got smaller. I have lost 25 lbs and think 10 of that was lost in the boobs:noway:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    I lost nearly 40lbs in 2006 and my boobs shrunk to a size 34b. I was 110lbs and size UK 8

I put some of thata weight back on, boobs got bigger again but this year I lost 20lbs... I am now 114lbs and guess what boobs are back at 34b... They don't look great too be honest - they are OK if I am standing up LOL but other than that they are the casulties of my weightloss. However my OH still likes them and I still have the confidence to sunbathe topless... Not many women in the real world have naurally fab breasts - we come in all different shapes and sizes and whilst my boobs aren't my best asset they are still mine!!
This discussion has been closed.