Marriage vs. Singledom

Options

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I've been married to my hubby for almost 17 years, only been apart twice in the 19 years we've been together, that was due to having 2 children in hopsital. :happy:
    I would NEVER EVER want to be single again :heart: - me when my boys (now 10 & 17) fly the coop - maybe I'll change my mind :laugh: but I doubt it :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'll take marrage

:flowerforyou:

1005537un9.jpg

aaawww...cute pic! :flowerforyou:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Most definitely marriage for me. While perfect in no sense, I couldn't imagine not being married.
    I think alot of people are actually happier without being tied to someone but your asking me....someone who has never been without a guy since I can remember.
    (Don't say it Shannon.:laugh: )

I never had the opportunity to be on my own and sometimes I wish I could have had that chance...but...nothing will change the past.

People have unique personalities and some people are more suited for marriage while some free spirits are much more happier alone. To each his/her own.

I feel the same way - I've never lived on my own. In college, there were always 4-6 roommates, and then I got in the family way, and DH and I were married after DD was born. So....I wish I had a chance to live alone, but I don't know if I would have been as willing to get married if I did, :laugh: Since women tend to outlive men, I'm predicting I'll probably turn into an old-cat-lady since taking care of one man is enough for me! :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I'll take marrage

1005537un9.jpg

Awwwww....you can see the love on your faces.:smooched:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Most definitely marriage for me. While perfect in no sense, I couldn't imagine not being married.
    I think alot of people are actually happier without being tied to someone but your asking me....someone who has never been without a guy since I can remember.
    (Don't say it Shannon.:laugh: )

I never had the opportunity to be on my own and sometimes I wish I could have had that chance...but...nothing will change the past.

People have unique personalities and some people are more suited for marriage while some free spirits are much more happier alone. To each his/her own.

I feel the same way - I've never lived on my own. In college, there were always 4-6 roommates, and then I got in the family way, and DH and I were married after DD was born. So....I wish I had a chance to live alone, but I don't know if I would have been as willing to get married if I did, :laugh: Since women tend to outlive men, I'm predicting I'll probably turn into an old-cat-lady since taking care of one man is enough for me! :laugh:

A cat lady....:laugh: :laugh:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well I've known my husband for almost 16 years and love him to death but I think I missed some fine print in that contract... :laugh: :angry:

I think I missed the entire contract.

Single, but I wouldn't give up my daughter for anything.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    single anyday. maybe i'm a selfish *****, but i never understood the draw of havng to share your life with someone. sex, sure, snuggles ok, cleaning up after them, cooking for them, putting up with thei annoying friends and basically being their servant, no thanks. companionship is nice, but not so nice that i would give up my independence.

Awwe. But when you do find that "right person", you SHARE all these things. I understand having your own space too. Never lose track of who you are, and the things in life that make you happy!

I can attest though: Couples who play together stay together! :wink:

Amen to that!
    I don't HAVE to do ANYTHING that I don't WANT to do within my marriage...
    We share so much, he does SO much for MEEE....and I do for him out of love, respect, etc.
    It's a two way street...I'd never want to be married to someone who thought I was their servant! Ew.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I've been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 16 years, together for 19...I love that man! Of course sometimes I tell HIM to do laps...he doesn't listen, but that gets him back in line. :laugh: :wink:

I vote I looooooooooooooooooooooooove being married!

Princess!!!! I also married my highschool sweetheart - I generally do not recommend it (you know - the whole self discovery of University), but we were best friends in highschool and then it quickly developed into romance... we both went on to University, and grad school, and stay together through all the changes!
    :tongue:

I think single is enjoyable when you are young, but as you age, it gets pretty lonely (all of this is of course contingent upon a good partner!). When I think of my single friends who are 40 plus, my heart goes out to them.

Just my humble opinion...
  • GinaB30
    Options
    single anyday. maybe i'm a selfish *****, but i never understood the draw of havng to share your life with someone. sex, sure, snuggles ok, cleaning up after them, cooking for them, putting up with thei annoying friends and basically being their servant, no thanks. companionship is nice, but not so nice that i would give up my independence.

Ya, I wouldn't have married that man either!!! EEEK!!!!

Not all men are obnoxious! My husband is great at the snuggles, he isn't a pig, he cooks great (worked in a meat department when we were in school), we have the same friends, and serve??? We serve each other evenly...Hokay, he spoils me! He listens to my crazy talk, he is a great Dad, a fantabulous military guy. He's a goof sometimes, but perfect for me!

My husband was diagnosed with cancer the day my daughter was born. I almost lost him 6 years ago. What a wake up call. We have had tough years, but we have worked through the sick days and here we are! He makes coffee for me in the AM and even rubs my feet to wake me up! Anyway...

Not all men are a mess. :wink:

Couldn't have said it better!
    Awww =o)
    My hubby makes me coffee every morning too...it's the little things don't you think? =o)))
    *LOVE* :love:
    When my baby #2 was born my husband was in an accident at work (struck by a forklift) and wow- what a wake-up call that life is SHORT and he could have literally been killed that day.
    Thank God he wasn't and I still have my awesome husband =o)
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

Marriage does not mean giving up your independence. If you find the right guy you will not be his servant and doing things for him will be a pleasure and not a chore..... (head out of gutter). You will want to make him as happy as he makes you. And although annoying friends is always a risk, in general if you and your husband have similar personalities you will likely have similar tastes in friends.

I am a newly wed and I love being married. However, I was with my husband for 9 years before getting officially hitched and nothing has changed since the wedding. I can't imagine my life without him. He makes me a stronger, happier, more confident and all around better person. Yeah LOVE! :heart:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I am just going to say I HATE :mad: being single and having to do everything on my own and not having someone to help with lifes little mishaps I was married to my first husband for 13 years and we divorced cause of his alcholism and i went and married another alcholic and i divorced him. and now i have been single for 4 years and I HATE :explode: I repeat HATE:explode: being single too many games and the dating world stinks I want one man and one only!!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Got a hot date tonight with my girlfriend & my wife. It's been the same one and only great gal for 25 years. I wouldn't want it any other way for myself. For me, marriage is definitely worth any of the headaches or heartaches that come passing thru.

One vote for marriage.

I LOVE this...
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Well, I was absolutely crazy about my husband until we had our son and he left me at the hospital when our son was in the NICU. We were an hour and a half away. He just went home and left me to deal with postnatal "issues" :blushing: and the fact that our son was in the NICU and I couldn't hold him very often or anything. I had no family around at ALL. It was humiliating and the most terrible thing I've ever gone through. I loved seeing my son all day every day, but it would have been nice if my husband wasn't gone.

His reason: He had a show to play that weekend. :explode: :explode: It would have made sense, but he left on Wednesday. :huh:

I obviously haven't QUITE gotten over that whole thing yet.

I also really liked him until we spent our honeymoon at a show of his. Because the show was booked before our wedding. Riiiiiight.

Oh, by the way, these two things happened within the same month. It was the worst month of my life.

So I guess I would love to be married (even to him!) as long as things had gone differently. We would have been a lot happier if he wasn't such a *kitten*. But at this point, I would like to be single with my son.
  • monica5237
    Options
    Got a hot date tonight with my girlfriend & my wife. It's been the same one and only great gal for 25 years. I wouldn't want it any other way for myself. For me, marriage is definitely worth any of the headaches or heartaches that come passing thru.

One vote for marriage.

I LOVE this...

me too that is what I want sooooo bad
  • AJCM
    Options

One vote for marriage.

I LOVE this...

me too that is what I want sooooo bad

You WILL have this in your life!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    Options
    I am just going to say I HATE :mad: being single and having to do everything on my own and not having someone to help with lifes little mishaps I was married to my first husband for 13 years and we divorced cause of his alcholism and i went and married another alcholic and i divorced him. and now i have been single for 4 years and I HATE :explode: I repeat HATE:explode: being single too many games and the dating world stinks I want one man and one only!!!!!

Aw, I hope you find Mr.Right SOON!!
    Someone that compliments your personality and shares your interests =o)
    It can be hard to find that Mr.Right...
    I kissed a LOT of frogs first LOL
    :grumble:
  • monica5237
    Options

I have kissed so many FROGS that I should be covered in WARTS lol:laugh: :laugh:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    I vote for marriage (with or without the legally binding piece of paper). My husband and I have been married for almost 24 years now and through the good, the bad, and the ugly times I have never regretted marrying him. :love:
  • GinaB30
    Options

I have kissed so many FROGS that I should be covered in WARTS lol:laugh: :laugh:

hahha lol :laugh:
    You gotta try a few more :wink:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Ya, I wouldn't have married that man either!!! EEEK!!!!

Not all men are obnoxious! My husband is great at the snuggles, he isn't a pig, he cooks great (worked in a meat department when we were in school), we have the same friends, and serve??? We serve each other evenly...Hokay, he spoils me! He listens to my crazy talk, he is a great Dad, a fantabulous military guy. He's a goof sometimes, but perfect for me!

My husband was diagnosed with cancer the day my daughter was born. I almost lost him 6 years ago. What a wake up call. We have had tough years, but we have worked through the sick days and here we are! He makes coffee for me in the AM and even rubs my feet to wake me up! Anyway...

Not all men are a mess. :wink:

wow i loved this thread !!! so intersting to hear everybody's love stories,, i've been aawwwing and oowwing for the last 5 min :)

and i agree with the above post !!
    my bf is the most thoughfull person, if we are watching tv and he gets up for something in the kitchen, he'll always ask me if i want something, i dont think he missed one occasion of forgiving himself over my happyness. he's truely the most generous person i know. i have to pick up after him sometimes,, but so does he after me.. when i was working .. he made my lunches that i found in the fridge every morning.. he gives the most thoughfull cuddles ... we dont always agree on everything (i want kids, he's not so hot with the idea...but maybe one day, hes change his mind before) but we understans each other.

i vote for togetherness (we are not married and not planning too, but nothing against)

hooo but i miss the flirting, love to go out and have someone hitting on me :blushing:
    thats just brushes my ego to right way and makes me feel good, i still go out with friends and get flirted with, i go along with the dancing and talking but i would never touch ....
    hoooo but i had all the fun back in the singles day :laugh:

may