Team UK & Ireland - June 2011

Options
Thought i'd get this going - can't seem to find one that anyone has started !!!

Happy June all!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What are we supposed to do?
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Likewise I'm from Ireland what do we do??
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Some generally starts a new thread every month, and we just chat about random stuff, goals etc!!

Made a few UK friends from the forums....there are some on here for the past few months if you want to have a look!!!:bigsmile:
  • wenders123
    Options
    Will do - thanks. I'm from Wakefield by the way ...... :bigsmile:
  • emlov81
    Options
    Although its the 7th and no one has yet started one!! Everyone has been clearly enjoying the sun too much :bigsmile:
  • emlov81
    Options
    Will do - thanks. I'm from Wakefield by the way ...... :bigsmile:

I'm from Cardiff...been on here a few months and has the forums have been fab for support!!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am in Cornwall but lived in Cardiff for 4 years and love it there, my best mate is still there :) I'm thinking of doing the Cardiff Half this year, it's meant to be a good one.

I've been plateauing since March, I lose and gain the same 1.5 lbs again and again and I'm so annoyed, I do well for a week, lose 0.5lbs then binge for a week :( am determined that this month I will break it by any means necessary starting today! I've stopped going to Slimming World, am weighing monthly not weekly and eating carbs again.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Saw the May post get the idea now!!! My names Lisa and I'm from Ireland hoping to lose my final 4lbs this month, I really got back into the walking since last week so want to keep that up to and walk everyday or at the very least every other day
  • wenders123
    Options
    Hi again,

I looked up previous threads and looks really interesting - don't know how I've missed it before (?). I've been on here actively since January, and have lost 42 lbs so far. I'm at a point where I don't know how much longer to carry on for, which I'll come back to later, as i have to get ready for my Zumba class now.

Obviously I don't really know where all you peeps are at - how's it going for you?
  • emlov81
    Options
    Weighwars - the Cardiff Half is great...did it 2009 but missed out 2010 so will def be doing it 2011!! Just bought some new trainers to start some outdoor training!!

I've been doing a bit of the gaining and losing the same few pounds of late, really determined to get back on track in June got no distractions (alcohol:blushing: ) until July!!!

I've got another 15lb to go, gonna start upping my calorie intake soon!!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I've got a 10k in London in July so I'm trying to stay "good" until then. Had a great day today, may have a snack later but have tonnes of space left.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello again everyone, here's to another good month hopefully!

Fell badly off the wagon 2 weeks ago, which was very silly, I was only 0.4 kg from target, but hey, who cares, I'm back on track now.

What's everyone's goal for this month?

My goal is to DEFINITELY reach target weight this time, which should be dead-easy (but I said that last month). Furthermore I will keep up on the exercise religiously. Am still a big fan of the 30 day shred and did the women's marathon yesterday. I walked it, but will be starting running and cycling now as well.

Yvonne, Backinthenines, Irn, Lesley, Mikey - where are ye all?!!
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    I've been on here actively since January, and have lost 42 lbs so far.

Wow Wenders, that's some achievement, well done!
  • evenidomhnaill
    Options
    Hi all i'm new to mfl only been tracking now for a week. I am from Ireland but living in Bahrain at the moment
  • wenders123
    Options

Mairgheal - Thanks very much :smile:

I now have a dilemma, and would appreciate everybody's opinion:

I am 50 years old, 5' 7". SW was 15 stone 8.5 lbs, and I weighed in this week at 12 stone 8.5 lbs, hence the 42 lbs loss. My original target was 13 stone, because quite frankly I didn't think I stood a hope in hell of reaching it. To be on the outside of the 'healthy weight' BMI category it recommends 159 lbs (11 stone 5lbs). But my dilemma is that due to my age my skin is very soft and wrinkly, and I don't want it to get any worse. Don't get me wrong, it's not like you sometimes see on the TV, or anywhere near that, but my boobs are quite saggy, and, and, and ....... therefore I don'y know whether to stop at 12 and a half, or maybe 12 stone.

I started out at size 20/22 top, 18 (tight) bottom. I am now 16/18 top, 14 (tight) bottom. I am quite happy with that, but would like some leeway. I do not want to be 'twiggy', and worry that I may end up slimmer, but looking a lot older !!!!

I hope you understand my rant, and where I'm coming from - I am really interested in what you all think :flowerforyou:

Wendy x
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Mairgheal - Thanks very much :smile:

I now have a dilemma, and would appreciate everybody's opinion:

I am 50 years old, 5' 7". SW was 15 stone 8.5 lbs, and I weighed in this week at 12 stone 8.5 lbs, hence the 42 lbs loss. My original target was 13 stone, because quite frankly I didn't think I stood a hope in hell of reaching it. To be on the outside of the 'healthy weight' BMI category it recommends 159 lbs (11 stone 5lbs). But my dilemma is that due to my age my skin is very soft and wrinkly, and I don't want it to get any worse. Don't get me wrong, it's not like you sometimes see on the TV, or anywhere near that, but my boobs are quite saggy, and, and, and ....... therefore I don'y know whether to stop at 12 and a half, or maybe 12 stone.

I started out at size 20/22 top, 18 (tight) bottom. I am now 16/18 top, 14 (tight) bottom. I am quite happy with that, but would like some leeway. I do not want to be 'twiggy', and worry that I may end up slimmer, but looking a lot older !!!!

I hope you understand my rant, and where I'm coming from - I am really interested in what you all think :flowerforyou:

Wendy x

I'm not going to be a stickler for my target when I get near. I'll stop when I feel happy and confident with myself. As long as you're happy, what else matters? Well done & good luck!! :-)
  • Mairgheal
    Options
    Coming down from a size 20/22 to a size 14/16 is amazing, you must be so proud of yourself! Why don't you (first) aim for a comfortable size 14, this way you should be within a healthy BMI. See how that goes for you? You could always decide to go on to drop another dress size, but to be honest, a size 14 with your length is pretty bloody amazing!

My initial goal was to be within a healthy BMI, which for me meant going down from a size 16 to a 14. I got there easy enough so I decided to go on. I'm a size 12 now and my current target is to get down just a tiny bit more, only another 2lb or so, so I have some "margin". I don't need to be a size 8 or 10, I love the good things in life too much (and to me the good things include lovely food, drinks en lazying about :laugh: )
  • wenders123
    Options
    Coming down from a size 20/22 to a size 14/16 is amazing, you must be so proud of yourself! Why don't you (first) aim for a comfortable size 14, this way you should be within a healthy BMI. See how that goes for you? You could always decide to go on to drop another dress size, but to be honest, a size 14 with your length is pretty bloody amazing!

My initial goal was to be within a healthy BMI, which for me meant going down from a size 16 to a 14. I got there easy enough so I decided to go on. I'm a size 12 now and my current target is to get down just a tiny bit more, only another 2lb or so, so I have some "margin". I don't need to be a size 8 or 10, I love the good things in life too much (and to me the good things include lovely food, drinks en lazying about :laugh: )

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of getting to the comfortable size 14 (rather than tight), and stopping there. But it still means I would be classed overweight in the BMI index (?) - maybe it's formatted by the model agencies :wink:

You sound very much like me with your attitude, still wanting to enjoy life rather than spend it trying to be skinny, as opposed to slim.

So I'm going to aim for 12 stone, which should be the comfy 14, and then stop. So the next battle will be maintaining ........ :tongue:

Hope you all had a fab day, acheived what you wanted to, and heres to tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Weighwars - the Cardiff Half is great...did it 2009 but missed out 2010 so will def be doing it 2011!! Just bought some new trainers to start some outdoor training!!

I should be running Cardiff as well... Will be a long hard slog this year after a year off with injury but have been doing some steady 3-4 mile trail runs with the dog recently and it's not feeling too bad... but slooooow.... :embarassed:

Glad to have found the June thread. I haven't posted for a while, mainly for time reasons. I lost the majority of the weight I wanted to lose, and am sort of reconsidering my end goal. Originally I wanted to get back under 9st but I think I'll let my weight settle at 134lb and maintain for a bit.

New dog remains a joy. :bigsmile:

Hello to all the new folk.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, Backinthenines, Irn, Lesley, Mikey - where are ye all?!!

I'M HERE!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: