YAYYYYYYYYY CANUCKS!!!

Options

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I heard Rome got 4 games. brutal. I thought maybe one game max!

big tilt tomorrow!

Go canucks!

Clearly NHL discriminates... but as you know, Campbell's son plays for Boston, so they have to set a proper example...It's time however that they stand up for the players, no matter what jersey they are wearing.

As for the hit being dirty - I disagree, it was so clean... cleaner than Chara's conscience!

Canucks will bring Stanley home.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

big tilt tomorrow!

Go canucks!

Clearly NHL discriminates... but as you know, Campbell's son plays for Boston, so they have to set a proper example...It's time however that they stand up for the players, no matter what jersey they are wearing.

As for the hit being dirty - I disagree, it was so clean... cleaner than Chara's conscience!

You're a yahoo my dear. Oh, and Campbell didn't make the call, he already stepped down from the position so this wouldn't happen.

One final thing, Home is an original 6 city, plain and simple. End of story. Boston had a professional hockey team before Vancouver was big enough to have a post office.
  • BassClarinetist
    Options
    Go Bruins!!! I'm a Hawks fan and. right now, it Bruins need to win.

And over the 4 game debate; I'm glad that the games would carry over if the season ends before the 4 games are reached. He deserves to be out for that long. That was just a dirty hit. No question.
    Then again, the Canucks have always played dirty.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

big tilt tomorrow!

Go canucks!

You're a yahoo my dear. Oh, and Campbell didn't make the call, he already stepped down from the position so this wouldn't happen.

One final thing, Home is an original 6 city, plain and simple. End of story. Boston had a professional hockey team before Vancouver was big enough to have a post office.

Home I mean, CANADA... where lord stanley belongs. andre: Campbell, I'm still referring to the original dirty hit of the season.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Never been referred to as a "yahoo" before... Is that a BOSTON colloquialism? :wink:
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @ Bergeron's finger calorie count - LMAO!!!!! Great one!
    GO BRUINS.
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

big tilt tomorrow!

Go canucks!

Home I mean, CANADA... where lord stanley belongs. andre: Campbell, I'm still referring to the original dirty hit of the season.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Never been referred to as a "yahoo" before... Is that a BOSTON colloquialism? :wink:

Yahoo might be a Boston thing, I don't think so though, it means basically you're a homer, I.E. you root for the home town beyond all reasonable thought. :tongue:

Now explain why home for the stanley cup would be Canada? Hasn't been there in what? 19 years?
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    file.php?40,file=32345,filename=eating_popcorn.gif
  • pdn190
    pdn190 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If the NHL had actually done something about the obvious biting in game 1, Vancouver would not have acted like the did in game 2 which resulted in the actions on both sides in game 3.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

big tilt tomorrow!

Go canucks!

Yahoo might be a Boston thing, I don't think so though, it means basically you're a homer, I.E. you root for the home town beyond all reasonable thought. :tongue:

Now explain why home for the stanley cup would be Canada? Hasn't been there in what? 19 years?

Oh in that case - Hell YEAH! HABS ALL THE WAY! No bigger fan than the Montreal Fan. :drinker:
    and I consider CHICAGO's stanley cup win a CANADIAN win since 3/4's of the team was Canadian... should we count all the Canadian players playing for the Bruins? Horton... Bergeron...

and yeah, 19 years :cry: :cry: last in Montreal...the team with the MOST stanley cup wins in history.:glasses:
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    Options

big tilt tomorrow!

Go canucks!

1 game? Did you not SEE the hit? 2 strides after the puck was gone, and he launched (left his feet to deliver the blow), and he angled his shoulder at Horton's head. I'm sorry, I'm all for a good hard hit, I'll give someone credit when they do it, but rome actually had to JUMP to make shoulder contact with Horton's head, if that's not intent to injure I don't know what is. That was deliberate, rome had plenty of time to pull up and put a hard body check on him but instead he follows through with a head shot that could have ended Horton's career. That was just plain dirty, no way you slice it is it clean, and the officials in the NHL office obviously agree.

take another look, he literally jumps up to hit horton in the head AFTER he delivered the puck and took 2 full strides.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ&feature=related

By the way, I love the people who say "head on a swivel" well, you can only look in one direction at any time, that's why interference is a penalty, because in hockey you look towards the puck, not the other side of the ice, that's called hitting a player with no opportunity to prepare themself and it's explicitly stated in the rules as illegal.
    Oh come on the guy had it comming...yes maybe the hit was a bit harder than should have been but they showed clips of Horton egging him on by the bench. Rome isn't known for stuff like that! Stop dissing the Canucks or I might have to report you!!:laugh: Canucks are bringing the cup home and we all know they deserve it this year! WOOT WOOT!!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options

Oh in that case - Hell YEAH! HABS ALL THE WAY! No bigger fan than the Montreal Fan. :drinker:
    and I consider CHICAGO's stanley cup win a CANADIAN win since 3/4's of the team was Canadian... should we count all the Canadian players playing for the Bruins? Horton... Bergeron...

and yeah, 19 years :cry: :cry: last in Montreal...the team with the MOST stanley cup wins in history.:glasses:

lol, keep holding on to that lady, it's all you have. Me, I think luongo's gonna be like wet paper tonight. And the twins? 1 mean look from thorton and they're going to start shivering like abused puppies. Nice headlock buddy, where'd you learn that move? How to avoid being pummeled in the NHL school?

oh, and @pdn, totally agree, a 1 game suspension would have solved this whole thing without an issue, Miller spit the bit on that one. Course the series would have been 1-1 coming back to Boston if that happened because burrows basically was all the offence for Vancouver in game 2 (2 goals 1 assist).
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options

big tilt tomorrow!

Go canucks!

1 game? Did you not SEE the hit? 2 strides after the puck was gone, and he launched (left his feet to deliver the blow), and he angled his shoulder at Horton's head. I'm sorry, I'm all for a good hard hit, I'll give someone credit when they do it, but rome actually had to JUMP to make shoulder contact with Horton's head, if that's not intent to injure I don't know what is. That was deliberate, rome had plenty of time to pull up and put a hard body check on him but instead he follows through with a head shot that could have ended Horton's career. That was just plain dirty, no way you slice it is it clean, and the officials in the NHL office obviously agree.

take another look, he literally jumps up to hit horton in the head AFTER he delivered the puck and took 2 full strides.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ&feature=related

By the way, I love the people who say "head on a swivel" well, you can only look in one direction at any time, that's why interference is a penalty, because in hockey you look towards the puck, not the other side of the ice, that's called hitting a player with no opportunity to prepare themself and it's explicitly stated in the rules as illegal.
    Oh come on the guy had it comming...yes maybe the hit was a bit harder than should have been but they showed clips of Horton egging him on by the bench. Rome isn't known for stuff like that! Stop dissing the Canucks or I might have to report you!!:laugh: Canucks are bringing the cup home and we all know they deserve it this year! WOOT WOOT!!

Okay.. really? A guy had it coming to get hospitalized with a severe concussion? IMO, it was premeditated... Rome is a defenseman (what... 2 goals in 2 years...yeah, defenseman) and he only went in to give that hit to one of our best players and take him out. The Canucks could "afford" to lose Rome for the rest of the series.
  • cmosu981
    cmosu981 Posts: 4
    Options
    WOOO!!! HELL YES!!! GO CANUCKS!!!! They need to pull through after Monday's game.:noway: Monday's game was ridiculous.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Bo YAH! Bruins WIN.... didnt you watch the other series.... you cant count the B's out even when down 2 games!!! First the Canucks bite.... now they blind side Horton.... I see how it is... See you on Weds for game 4... then we will see who is still cheering!!

Canucks fans seemed to have missed last night's game when they got POWNED!!!!

and you seemed to have missed the memo that terms like "POWNED" stopped being cool about 5 years ago
  • 37mom
    37mom Posts: 74
    Options
    GO CANUCKS GO!!!WOOHOOO!!!
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    C'mon Canucks!!!!!!!
  • pdn190
    pdn190 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

HAHA! Great!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I'll only say. Wooot woot! As I said, Luongo = wet paper towel

Timmy Thomas = Steel Wall (brick wall just doesn't seem strong enough to describe him)