YAYYYYYYYYY CANUCKS!!!

Options

Replies

• SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'll only say. Wooot woot! As I said, Luongo = wet paper towel

Timmy Thomas = Steel Wall (brick wall just doesn't seem strong enough to describe him)

Love this! GO B's!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I'll only say. Wooot woot! As I said, Luongo = wet paper towel

Timmy Thomas = Steel Wall (brick wall just doesn't seem strong enough to describe him)

He's quite the man isn't he - and a feisty one. I'm proud to say he's from my hometown! Maybe if Boston wins he'll bring the cup back and I'll get to go see it. :smile:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • 37mom
    37mom Posts: 74
    Options
    What a brutal game last night!!!!!!!! I have to admit Boston deserved to win those two games. Canucks sucked!!! I am a Canucks fan...and still think they can bring the cup home. Just had to mention that Boston did deserve to win those games. If your going to play ****ty you dont deserve to win.

All of that aside.....Its not Luongo's fault....I love Luongo..he's great and because of him they made it this far!!!( I hate when everyone blames the goalie) The rest of the Canucks players need to wake up!!! Lets hope Friday being at home helps them out. VANCOUVER FANS DESERVE THE CUP THIS YEAR!!!!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yeah thanks for losing again Canucks!!!! Gooooo BAAAAAWWWWSTIN!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you guys notice?

Monday's game, Neely was honorary captain (he was number 8), we scored 8

Last night, Orr was honorary captain (he was number 4), we scored 4.

I say we make Bourque captain for next game (his original number was 7) I'll live with 7.

:)
  • 37mom
    Options
    you guys notice?

I say we make Bourque captain for next game (his original number was 7) I'll live with 7.

I think you've said enough:happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    you guys notice?

You're just sore because the Canooks traded away Neely for a bag of pucks. Essentially giving away one of the best bangers of all time for an aging Barry Peterson, not to mention we got a 1st round pick which ended up being Glen Wesley who was no slouch either.
  • 37mom
    Options
    you guys notice?

You're just sore because the Canooks traded away Neely for a bag of pucks. Essentially giving away one of the best bangers of all time for an aging Barry Peterson, not to mention we got a 1st round pick which ended up being Glen Wesley who was no slouch either.
    No...I could care less...really....I just think Vancouver overall has been the best team all season. They trully deserve it..Anyways you Americans are not as much as hockey fans as we Canadians. It would be nice for a Canadian team to win this year. Whatever happens...I am very proud of the Canucks making it this far. They are trully the best team...and if Boston does win the cup..I would say absolutley nothing but congrats. But lets not get ahead of ourselves...Canucks is still in and has just as good a chance as Boston.
  • 37mom
    Options
    When Bruins fans die, they bury them 12 feet deep instead of 6. They do this because, deep down, they are good people.
  • 37mom
    Options
    How many Boston Bruin fan jokes are there?

One. The rest are true stories.

haha..sorry just cant help myself:)
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    you guys notice?

No...I could care less...really....I just think Vancouver overall has been the best team all season. They trully deserve it..Anyways you Americans are not as much as hockey fans as we Canadians. It would be nice for a Canadian team to win this year. Whatever happens...I am very proud of the Canucks making it this far. They are trully the best team...and if Boston does win the cup..I would say absolutley nothing but congrats. But lets not get ahead of ourselves...Canucks is still in and has just as good a chance as Boston.

Whoa whoa whoa, You can say all you want about the Canucks being the better regular season team, and I'd agree with 90% of it. But lets take a bit of a step back from the whole Americans are not as much fans thing. Maybe not ALL of the US is, but here in Boston, we're rabid about our hockey. I mean, come on, how many other areas have as much top tier college hockey as the north east? Boston U., Maine, UNH, Merrimack, UMass Lowell, UMass Amherst, Providence, Harvard, Northeastern, Vermont. All huge hockey schools and all within about 250 miles of each other. If you came to Boston this week, I think you might be floored with the amount of presence the Bruins have. Boston is a Hockey town, plain and simple. We've been a hockey town for decades, heck, back when Orr and Espisito played, all the way through Terry O'Reilly and Rick Middleton, to Andy Moog and Cam Neely, right up till now, we love our hockey here, and you couldn't walk 20 feet in Boston without seeing a Bruins banner or logo. And with about 2 Million folks in this area, that's a lot of Bruins jerseys!
  • 37mom
    Options
    A Boston Bruin fan goes into a pharmacy to but some condoms.
    "That'll be $8.99 plus the tax", says the cashier.
    Shaking his head, the Bruins fan replies, "Forget the tacks. I always use glue".
  • 37mom
    Options
    you guys notice?

Whoa whoa whoa, You can say all you want about the Canucks being the better regular season team, and I'd agree with 90% of it. But lets take a bit of a step back from the whole Americans are not as much fans thing. Maybe not ALL of the US is, but here in Boston, we're rabid about our hockey. I mean, come on, how many other areas have as much top tier college hockey as the north east? Boston U., Maine, UNH, Merrimack, UMass Lowell, UMass Amherst, Providence, Harvard, Northeastern, Vermont. All huge hockey schools and all within about 250 miles of each other. If you came to Boston this week, I think you might be floored with the amount of presence the Bruins have. Boston is a Hockey town, plain and simple. We've been a hockey town for decades, heck, back when Orr and Espisito played, all the way through Terry O'Reilly and Rick Middleton, to Andy Moog and Cam Neely, right up till now, we love our hockey here, and you couldn't walk 20 feet in Boston without seeing a Bruins banner or logo. And with about 2 Million folks in this area, that's a lot of Bruins jerseys!

Regular season...no I meant right through the playoffs.....best overall...they had two ****ty games recently..thats about all :) Glad you can admit some of that.
  • 37mom
    Options
    nuff said...:drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    you guys notice?

Regular season...no I meant right through the playoffs.....best overall...they had two ****ty games recently..thats about all :) Glad you can admit some of that.

pretty sure right now, the Canucks aren't any better than the Bruins, and judging by the Goal totals, I'd say quite a bit worse. And you guys aren't even missing your top line forward either (although some say that's debatable if you look at the play of tweedle dee and tweedle dum over the last 4 games)
  • 37mom
    Options
    you guys notice?

pretty sure right now, the Canucks aren't any better than the Bruins, and judging by the Goal totals, I'd say quite a bit worse. And you guys aren't even missing your top line forward either (although some say that's debatable if you look at the play of tweedle dee and tweedle dum over the last 4 games)
    Hey now...no need to be mean or anything.....
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Looks like someone (37mom) always has to have the last word around here... please remove your head from your lower crevice and just speak for yourself when it comes to who has a bigger hockey fan base. I don't think Canada would appreciate you speaking for their whole country just as I wouldn't speak for my whole country.

Have you ever been to Boston before? Boston is one of the largest sports meccas in the United States and there is plenty of history behind this town. Everywhere I go, no matter what time of year it is - I see Bruins jerseys, banners, flags, etc. The same goes for the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics. Granted, I do see more Bruins and Red Sox paraphenalia than the others but we stand behind our teams!!! The Bruins have worked hard every year and have creeped SO.CLOSE to getting to the Stanley Cup playoffs. I truly feel they deserve it this year as well and I am proud of this team.

Everyone who is a fan will support their own team until the end. I get that.... but you have really taken it to another level here... and not a good level. I usually respect people, in general, even if I don't know them. However, I would prefer to not know you... I seem to have lost some respect for you.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Hey - I take exception to the Americans are not hockey fans comment. I'm a Red Wings fan, and here in Hockeytown we have a HUGE hockey following. I mean, its being debated if we'll transfer to the Eastern Conference with the move of Atlanta because the West teams don't want to lose our pull. The ticket prices to most road games are inflated because they know Detroit will pull fans in to pay them. Here in HOCKEYTOWN we love our men in the winged wheel. I mean look - we are following hockey still and our team was eliminated two rounds ago...how's that for loving hockey?!
  • 37mom
    Options
    Looks like someone (37mom) always has to have the last word around here... please remove your head from your lower crevice and just speak for yourself when it comes to who has a bigger hockey fan base. I don't think Canada would appreciate you speaking for their whole country just as I wouldn't speak for my whole country.

Have you ever been to Boston before? Boston is one of the largest sports meccas in the United States and there is plenty of history behind this town. Everywhere I go, no matter what time of year it is - I see Bruins jerseys, banners, flags, etc. The same goes for the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics. Granted, I do see more Bruins and Red Sox paraphenalia than the others but we stand behind our teams!!! The Bruins have worked hard every year and have creeped SO.CLOSE to getting to the Stanley Cup playoffs. I truly feel they deserve it this year as well and I am proud of this team.

Everyone who is a fan will support their own team until the end. I get that.... but you have really taken it to another level here... and not a good level. I usually respect people, in general, even if I don't know them. However, I would prefer to not know you... I seem to have lost some respect for you.
    Its all in fun ...relax....