TATTOO OR NOT TO TATTOO

Options
124»

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Girls with sleeves make me happy in pants.....

SOOOOO on that note I am getting tats of my name on my palms so when I am 80 I wont have to look far for ID when the Alzheimers kicks in.

:laugh: :laugh: I've heard that the your palms and the soles of your feet are the hardest places to keep the ink at. It's almost impossible to keep those areas dry enough for the tattoo to heal properly. I've got 2 on the top of my feet and one is in bad need of a touch up just from my foot sweating when I had to wear "real" shoes to work. (I'd live in flip flops if I could)
  • Jdo13
    Jdo13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    II actually just got my new one Saturday! After years of wanting to get another tattoo, I decided that after my hard work and almost 100lbs lost that I deserved a new one. My tattoo represents something personal, but the time frame was for my weight loss.

So I would say go for it! Everyone will give you their own opinions, but its your story, your body!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting one OF my goal weight... I'm getting one as a reward for hitting my final goal though. My first, in fact.

This, but it won't be my first!
  • buryherdead
    Options
    i'm pretty covered in tattoos but i won't ever get one to represent weight or fitness.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Get them I have three and I plan on getting more....tattoos are beautiful and a woman with 1/2 or full sleeve are even sexier!!!!!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I have a couple and will be getting a navel tattoo when I reach goal.
  • Jillmgk36
    Jillmgk36 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had that set as my reward for meeting a goal once, and I have a meaningful and beautiful design( for my grandparents). My big issue is not knowing where on my body to put it!!! I would also love to get some kind of small meaningful tattoo that my sons and I all got together.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I think a tattoo is an absolutely fabulous reward. I have 6 and since I have 100 pounds to lose, I plan on getting a new tattoo for every 25 pounds I lose. It is going to be on your skin FOREVER, so make absolutely sure that you know what you want and where you want it. I regret none of my tattoos but I also never once got one on impulse. (Actually, I lie . . . I do regret the placement of one of them. I wish I'd gotten it somewhere more visible because it turned out wayyyyy cuter than I expected!) I obsess over them for months, planning placement and size and color variations and I get opinions from other people and I print out pictures and tape them to myself and sketch on my skin with pens, etc.

So start planning now. What is something that you could see yourself still liking in 20/30/50 years? I've been interested in animals my whole life and can't imagine myself ever not liking them . . . so all my tattoos are animals.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I *LOVE* tattoos and am so jealous of people who have them. (I can't.) If I were going to get tattoo for meeting a weight loss or fitness goal, I would go with something symbolic rather than numbers or words.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    So start planning now. What is something that you could see yourself still liking in 20/30/50 years? I've been interested in animals my whole life and can't imagine myself ever not liking them . . . so all my tattoos are animals.

That's how I am. Two of mine are cats... a black Halloween cat (memorial tattoo for my black cat who died on Halloween) and a Japanese Maneki Neko (Lucky Cat). Most recent is a Scottish thistle with Celtic knot. I'm always going to love cats and always going to be proud of my Scottish heritage.

Future ideas are one to represent my Pekingese but done like a Chinese Foo Dog, a Mexican sugar skull (adore them, but there's not much personal significance other than my love of Halloween and spicy foods!), or a voodoo doll. I make Voodoo Dolls, and my hub's and my first date was at a place called the Voodoo Lounge.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo (and only cosmetic) was at 35 after Chemo - it's a pink ribbon. I love the stories behind tattoos.

I have 2 more that I am not allowed to show :blushing: from reconstruction

I agree with a tattoo to symbolize what you accomplished but not the actual #s
  • Disinte_GratioN
    Options
    NOOOOO TATTOOS! Be natural and beautiful!!

AGREE
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    i have 9 tattoos..i think they are beautiful...but i dont think id get a weight tattooed on me..kits just a #..maybe somehting else that is significant to your journey...GOOD LUCK
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I agree about the number. Maybe if it was a roman numeral or in some other way a symbolic version of it, but I'd rather a more positive reminder of what you've accomplished. Maybe the date you hit the goal, or the date you decided to take your life back. Or a favorite quote or mantra.

I'd suggest getting your design on a tshirt. There's sites out there like cafepress.com that allows you to make a custom shirt. See how you feel about wearing it, before you wear it on your skin. If you feel funny wearing it or explaining what it means, then you'd get sick of it as a tattoo.