Virtual Walk Across Texas

Options
So, I kinda wanna do a virtual walk across Texas, which means walking 895 miles over time. Anyone with me? I know it's a little crazy, but there's no deadline. You don't even have to walk. You can bike ride, swim, use the elliptical, whatever. I'm going to walk and also add my c25k miles. I did figure out, though, that if you did 2.5 miles everyday, it would take almost a year to do. I'm interested to see how much I can beat that by. :tongue:

Replies

• VELVET2688
    VELVET2688 Posts: 40
    Options
    i just started this site today...but I'm thinking this is a great idea...I'm with you. I have a treadmill, and a schwinn stat bike...so I'll do the program with you.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Just be sure to track how many miles you do and at the end of every week (Sunday, I suppose), we'll check in on here and compare notes. :happy:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I just bought a pedometer so I can keep track more accurately. I know the lap I usually walk is 2.5 miles, but I never remember to count how many laps I do on the track during c25k because I'm too focused on not passing out :tongue: So..let's do it!
  • VELVET2688
    VELVET2688 Posts: 40
    Options
    every Sunday works for me...so ,if I dance on the treadmill as I'm walking,,,and not fall off and kill myself that would give me a better workout? not to mention work on my coordination...LOL count me in......this is going to be great ! thany you for suggesting...maybe every year we can do a different state.
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sounds like great fun! I'm in :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    As a resident of Texas, I'm in..... I did two miles this am. :-)
    ~maddymama
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Ummm... where/how do I get/create a Walk Across Texas ticker?
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Question - My commute to work includes a round trip 2.3 mile walk, do those miles count or is that cheating?
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Lynn, I walk to walk (well, not this week so far because it is raining cats and dogs here) and I count that in my miles because I walk briskly. It is a 2 mile walk.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Thanks - I definitely walk briskly, as most mornings I am hoping I don't miss my train.
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Sounds familiar! Most mornings I'm panicking I'm going to be late. I did think about leaving the house earlier but at least this way I have an incentive to move my bum and walk quickly!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Ummm... where/how do I get/create a Walk Across Texas ticker?
    Make it on tickerfactory.com
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Question - My commute to work includes a round trip 2.3 mile walk, do those miles count or is that cheating?
    Totally counts. I'm counting my c25k miles. As long as you're moving, count it.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Sounds familiar! Most mornings I'm panicking I'm going to be late. I did think about leaving the house earlier but at least this way I have an incentive to move my bum and walk quickly!

I have thought about it too but I usually end up choosing to sleep a few more minutes. :blushing:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Totally counts. I'm counting my c25k miles. As long as you're moving, count it.

Thanks! I am doing c25k too!:smile: I am on Week 4 now, but it has been slow progress.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Today is going to be day 2 for me. I'm sooo not a fan of running, but I'm hoping to change that.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Today is going to be day 2 for me. I'm sooo not a fan of running, but I'm hoping to change that.

Good luck! I was never a big fan either but I am coming around.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Yeah, day 2 was way better than day 1. Didn't want to die as much and actually played a game with myself to see how far I could run in 60 seconds and then tried to beat it each time.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Don't forget to check in on Sunday and give us your mileage for the week!