Virtual Walk Across Texas

Options

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I didn't walk today (Saturday), so my total miles for this first week comes in at 11.5 Not terrible, I think. I didn't walk on Sunday or today, so I averaged 2.3 miles a day. Hoping to beat that this coming week.
  • VELVET2688
    VELVET2688 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm checking in ,,,its Sunday, and I have done 12 miles this week...wha-whoooo I sweated too,,,
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Oooh, this sounds fun - can I still join? I ran 2.4 miles today.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Oooh, this sounds fun - can I still join? I ran 2.4 miles today.
    Of course you can! We just check in on Sunday to tell how many miles we did for the week. ]ou can start/end your week whenever you like. I count Sunday-Saturday as my week. Welcome to our group!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I'm checking in ,,,its Sunday, and I have done 12 miles this week...wha-whoooo I sweated too,,,
    Awesome job!! I wonder if we can kick it up a notch. I'd like to do at least 1 mile more each week than the one before. You up for it? Don't have to, of course; that's just my goal.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed check-in yesterday - I did 19 miles :)!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Oh wow. Awesome job!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Oh wow. Awesome job!

Thanks! I did a breast cancer walk last Sunday so that helped bump up my miles. I am trying to walk around my complex every night after I put my daughter to bed but have only managed one day so far.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I'm gunna go ahead and tell you right now that I was nowhere near matching, let alone bumping up my miles for this week. I got shin splints, so life has been rough. I walked/ran 5.5 miles this week (each step a killer because of these stupid splints, mind you). I may or may not get in a bike ride this evening. If I do, it'll mean I did 8 miles for the week. I'll let you know later on. All this rest for my legs is making life very boring. Hopefully it'll pay off, though, so I can go back to being more active on Monday. Hope everyone had a good week! :smile:
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try this. Since the start of this thread (June 7th) thread I think I only have about 10 miles. But I'm really wanting to get started early on my half marathon training, so may bump up my mileage. One question...The miles that it is across this wonderful state, are we doing out own miles and completing this per person, or is this everyones combined mileage will get us across the state?
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I'm gonna try this. Since the start of this thread (June 7th) thread I think I only have about 10 miles. But I'm really wanting to get started early on my half marathon training, so may bump up my mileage. One question...The miles that it is across this wonderful state, are we doing out own miles and completing this per person, or is this everyones combined mileage will get us across the state?
    Your own miles, just because sometimes people forget to check in and really, I just wanted to see how long it would take me personally to walk 895 miles :smile:
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Ended up doing the short lap on the bike (1.25 miles as opposed to 2.5), so my log for the week is 6.75 miles.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm from Texas and this sounds like so much fun! I'm in! :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Checking in - I did 20.2 miles this week, so with last weeks 2.4 miles, that gives me a total of 22.6 miles. I may have left the coast! (Not sure which direction we're going across Texas :-) )
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Checking in - I did 20.2 miles this week, so with last weeks 2.4 miles, that gives me a total of 22.6 miles. I may have left the coast! (Not sure which direction we're going across Texas :-) )
    Awesome job! In my mind, we're going west to east just because I'm in El Paso..haha. From the westernmost tip to the easternmost, it's 895 miles. You can go north to south or diagonally or whatever you want, but the miles will be different. :smile:
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :) I'm looking forward to it!!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I searched for some sort of website that would allow us to input our miles and show on an actual map where we would be if we were actually walking, but I had zero luck. If any of you find such a site, please let us know. :happy:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I did 7 miles this week, hope to be back up to speed next week!
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    My goal this week is to do at least 15. I'm going to attempt my regular workout today, but if my shins are still acting up, it's going to be a bike week. Have a good one, everyone!