Virtual Walk Across Texas

Options

Replies

• StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Great job friday, and I know what you mean about the fall line-up, the tv is calling my name.

I got in 27.3 miles this week.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Dang, girl! You're killing it!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    :)

With my new schedule, I have 3 days a week where I have about 40 min between when I get home from work and when I need to pick my daughter up from school so I have be trying to get out and walk as much as possible. And I have also been using the hour she is in dancing class to get another walk in.

Fall has settled in quickly here, I hope I can get at least 2 more mos of outdoor walks in.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Good for you!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    33.7!

I am almost at the end of C25K, and I get just a little but farther every day.

PS - I will update my ticker tonight, it is easier to do from home.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Nice! I lost my walking/running/biking partner (aka my boyfriend who broke up with me over hedge clippers..for real), so it's a little harder for me to get the motivation to actually go. My goal has been to run in the morning in order to A) avoid him, and B) not miss my shows, but waking up early enough is proving to be mission impossible. However, I haven't been seeing the weight loss I should be, so on my non-cardio days, I'm riding my bike. Hopefully everything will work itself out and I'll wake up to run, get in a bike ride AND the scale will start moving again.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the break-up.

I always felt great when I would wake up early and workout. I just can't remember the last time I was able to.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Well, I haven't had a job in quite some time, so sleeping in is kind of my life. However, my goal has been to gradually get used to being up at around 6:15. I was going to start getting up at 7:30 this week, but I've been waking up at 4 and not falling back to sleep until after 5, so 7:30 just feels like torture after that. I've been trying to cut out caffeine (2 days "sober", lol), so hopefully that'll help.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    10 miles this week so far. I say "so far" because I may or may not take a couple of my dogs for a walk later. :smile:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    13.1 for me (will update my ticker tomorrow, I have trouble when I am not on my home computer) I should have measured how long it took me to get between gates at the airport the other day - I felt like I was walking forever.

How is it going with no caffeine? I did it when I was pregnant but can't seem to do it otherwise. I have myself weened down to one cup a day.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    It's going kinda "meh"..I had a soda a couple days ago and a cup of coffee this morning, but that's still an improvement. It's been hard because I always wake up at night and stay up for at least an hour, and then the dogs usually wake me up pretty early. I'm trying, and making an effort, which is good, I guess.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I did absolutely no walking/running/biking this week until today. I took two of my dogs for a walk which totalled 3.5 miles. That's pretty darn sad. However, my goal was to do more cardio on the days I just had strength (I'm doing the TurboFire/ChaLEAN Extreme hybrid), and I have been. Initially my plan was to bike/run/walk on those days, but I've gotten really into the HIIT workouts, so I think I'm just going to start taking dogs for walks on Saturdays, which are my rest days, and really try to get in a couple miles on the bike every week. It's just kinda hard/lonely when you don't have someone to go with you anymore, ya know?
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I will have to update tomorrow - I left my #'s at work. I know it wasn't much though.

I know what you mean, it is so much easier to go when you have someone to go with. I am debating whether or not to go for a run now, it is a beautiful day.

Looks like you are doing good with the caffeine, it is hard to go cold turkey.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I gave up on the no caffeine thing (for now). I'm just not sleeping at night and if I didn't have the caffeine, I'd sleep all day. When I go back to school in January I'm going to try again.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    14.2 for last week, I will have to update my ticker when I get home. I can't figure out how to do it from here without restarting the whole process.

How do you like those workouts?
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Good job on the 14! I love Turbo and CLX..super fun, and effective. I've been in a plateau for about 5 weeks, but I'm building muscle (that I can actually feel) and my endurance has improved dramatically. They're really good.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I know, my weight hasn't been shifting much but I can see things are tightening up. And my endurance is much better.

I got in 19.3 miles this week.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I didn't get in any miles this week at all. It's kind of pathetic. Great job on 19! I finally broke my plateau and lost a pound this week; I just hope it continues. :smile:
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I did 3 miles already today! Where do you get the ticker?
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Tickerfactory.com