Options
13»

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Wow.... who has sex on the first date.

I would NEVER.

1.- You don't know if the guy has some nasty herp or disease.
    2.- No man will respect you.
    3.- I couldn't have any self respect if I did sleep around like that, simply because I have very strong morals/values that don't permit me to be so promiscuous.
    4.- I would feel like a skank.

This is my personal opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree.

Also, I just remembered this quote "you're gonna wish you had listened to your mother when she said, "They're not gonna want to buy the whole friggin' ice cream truck when you're handing out the popsicles for free!" "

Would if I did not want them to buy the whole ice cream truck,and you could know a guy for years and still catch something from him if he is not compleatly honest about his past
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I would NEVER.

Some people use condoms. Besides, "first date" doesn't mean "blind date".
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    My views as a guy..

1. He wont respect you if you have sex on the first date

I would rather get to know the person first.. and that takes more than one date, thats for sure.
    Disrespect them? No \\\\ Want to do it on the first date? No

2. Men love the chase

Quite the opposite really

3. A man can't be friends with a women without wanting to have sex with her

Disagree.

4. Guys prefer something left to the imagination

LOL. Yea.. right..

5. Guys are intimidated by independent women

Actually I would prefer someone who is independent

That being said, every guy is different for every one of these questions. Even most of my friends would share opposite views on some of this

1. I will only respect you on a very basic level. The rest you need to earn. Much like trust.
    2. I would never chase after any one. Hard to get is easy to forget. I just move on to the next interest.
    3. Female friends are better than guy friends on a lot of levels. My best friends has always been female. No sex ever.
    4. Nope, I want to live it, not imagine it.
    5. I prefer independent, with interests outside of me, friends outside of me, and her doing stuff without me.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

I would NEVER.

Condoms or no condoms.... YUCK!
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    sex on first date dont mean nothing. dont change my opinion of a girl.
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My views as a guy..

I would rather get to know the person first.. and that takes more than one date, thats for sure.
    Disrespect them? No \\\\ Want to do it on the first date? No

2. Men love the chase

Quite the opposite really

Disagree.

LOL. Yea.. right..

Actually I would prefer someone who is independent

That being said, every guy is different for every one of these questions. Even most of my friends would share opposite views on some of this

1. I will only respect you on a very basic level. The rest you need to earn. Much like trust.
    2. I would never chase after any one. Hard to get is easy to forget. I just move on to the next interest.
    3. Female friends are better than guy friends on a lot of levels. My best friends has always been female. No sex ever.
    4. Nope, I want to live it, not imagine it.
    5. I prefer independent, with interests outside of me, friends outside of me, and her doing stuff without me.
    amen!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

I would NEVER.

Condoms or no condoms.... YUCK!

*sigh* A first date doesn't mean that you just met the person 15 minutes before you have sex with them. Sometimes friendships turn into something else. It isn't yucky. The first time you sleep with ANYONE they could have a disease. The timeframe is irrelevant. Also, some people cheat while in committed relationships. There is always a risk.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the chemistry between the two people. I've had dates with mean where we've gotten along, had interest in each other, but not enough to have sex for the first few times.

Then I've been with men that...BAM! from the minute we meet the sexual tension is almost unbearable and yeah...it has happened that first night.

I don't think that men should look down on women like that, and I know quite a few who don't. But I also know men who do. It is all up to their own belief system, their values, morals, etc.

I am not a slut, I don't sleep around just for sleeping around. I enjoy a healthy sex life, and I shouldn't have to feel ashamed about it because other people still think sex should be hush-hush and something we should be embarrassed about.

Males, females...embrace your sexuality and do as you wish! Just don't forget to be mindful and protect yourself.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    To each their own. *nods* I agree with the double standard being funny. What a joke! Insert Salt n Pepa Video 'None of Your Business' here. :laugh:
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    #1.Well personally i've given it up on the first date and i also havent. It all depends on the guy..Personally I don't think I'm a bad person for doing so nor think there should be a name for girls that make there own choice. Tho i will say I have regretted doing so after all is said and done. I would like to think a guy wouldn't think any less of me just because I slept with him. Its not like he was saying no lol :P

#2. I hear ppl saying guys loves the chase but whats the point if you know you want something go for it. I personally hate leading guys on a chase whats the point?

#3. Not sure what id have to say about the third thing.

#4 Well duh on the leaving it to the imagination thing.. what guy wouldn't wanna see a girl naked i mean really?

#5.Guys don't get intimidated with a girl that's got her stuff going good for her i have many guy friends that will only date girls that are independent. That's just my view on it all who knows what the hell guys want :laugh:
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    1 guy's opinion:

I don't think it's a question of respect, it's a question of matching morals. I would not be comfortable with that situation. I don't think it's something to be performed as lightly as to do it with someone you recently met. But it's not a question of respect, it would just illustrate that we weren't a good match. And... it's no double standard. I wouldn't participate in the activity either.

2. Men love the chase
    Courtship, with mutual encouragement and participation is great. A woman playing a hard-to-get game is horrible, and maybe the worst part about dating.

"Wanting to have sex with her" is way too strong. I might agree with, something like, "A man can't be friends with a women he finds attractive without thinking that she's hot." Lots of guys aren't interested in having sex with just anyone. But if a woman is hot we're going to notice it, no matter what our relationship status is.

This is true for me. Seeing a woman in different levels of clothing... from formal wear to lingerie to nothing, that's really good stuff. Short skirts, cleavage, all that, they add to the experience.

This is another personality thing. Some times "independent woman" is code for a bully (and this can be equally true among men). Most guys don't want that. But I know I absolutely NEED my wife to be independent, as I am pretty independent myself, and if she didn't want to have any time apart it would be stifling to me.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    1 guy's opinion:

I don't think it's a question of respect, it's a question of matching morals. I would not be comfortable with that situation. I don't think it's something to be performed as lightly as to do it with someone you recently met. But it's not a question of respect, it would just illustrate that we weren't a good match. And... it's no double standard. I wouldn't participate in the activity either.

2. Men love the chase
    Courtship, with mutual encouragement and participation is great. A woman playing a hard-to-get game is horrible, and maybe the worst part about dating.

"Wanting to have sex with her" is way too strong. I might agree with, something like, "A man can't be friends with a women he finds attractive without thinking that she's hot." Lots of guys aren't interested in having sex with just anyone. But if a woman is hot we're going to notice it, no matter what our relationship status is.

This is true for me. Seeing a woman in different levels of clothing... from formal wear to lingerie to nothing, that's really good stuff. Short skirts, cleavage, all that, they add to the experience.

This is another personality thing. Some times "independent woman" is code for a bully (and this can be equally true among men). Most guys don't want that. But I know I absolutely NEED my wife to be independent, as I am pretty independent myself, and if she didn't want to have any time apart it would be stifling to me.

I think the guys that cannot deal with a woman's independence have a serious issue. It may be part of up-bringing, religion, etc.. and OK from that perspective. But exerting control emotionally or physically to knock her independence or individuality down, will, as it should, put a man on the wrong side of the law or getting his butt handed to him on a platter in divorce court. I myself prefer her friends or family giving him a taste of his own medicine.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    needleknievel - nice remark, but actually if anyone has curves, i do. My comments were made on a completely objective level, not personal. here's the personal side...

I would NEVER.

2.- No man will respect you.
    3.- I couldn't have any self respect if I did sleep around like that, simply because I have very strong morals/values that don't permit me to be so promiscuous.
    4.- I would feel like a skank.

This is my personal opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree.

Also, I just remembered this quote "you're gonna wish you had listened to your mother when she said, "They're not gonna want to buy the whole friggin' ice cream truck when you're handing out the popsicles for free!" "

*raises hand* i'm an adult. I tend to date other adults. adults have sex. when and where and how often is all up to the adults involved. I've had sex with some men on the first date, and with others i've waited quite a while first.
    I'm not a skank, a slut, or any other derogatory label. And honestly, i've never been called that for my behavior. Although i enjoy sex on a pretty regular basis, i keep my personal life personal.
    I do feel sorry for my next door neighbor and I may have earned a bit of a reputation with the doorman at my apartments... but i find that more amusing than anything else.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I think the guys that cannot deal with a woman's independence have a serious issue. It may be part of up-bringing, religion, etc.. and OK from that perspective. But exerting control emotionally or physically to knock her independence or individuality down, will, as it should, put a man on the wrong side of the law or getting his butt handed to him on a platter in divorce court. I myself prefer her friends or family giving him a taste of his own medicine.

this is exactly what happened with my ex. idk whether to blame his parents or his religious background or what, but i wound up leaving him and everything we had. guess he technically hasn't had his *kitten* handed to him yet but there are quite a few of my friends/family that have volunteered to see to that. i guess i just don't care enough about him to hate him for it.

oh and for the record the ex and i dated 3 years before i slept with him. yup, i said years.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    1 - Sex on the first "date" is totally situation specific. There may or may not have been alot leading up to that date, or it may have been a quick passing, meeting and an exchange of #'s with little talk before said date. In any case, if the woman is confident in herself and the decisions she makes, what does it matter as long as your intimacy is safe? My wife and I had sex on the first "meeting" but we also has alot of phone and AIM talk prior to us going out for the night. And yes, I did say "wife" so obviously I didn't respect her any less afterwards.

2 - I can't say I like to "chase". Point blank when I got my wifes phone #, I called her the next day. We got together and stayed pretty much together after that. If she was to play cat & mouse I would have lost interest and moved on.

3 - totally false

4 - sometimes

5 - not me
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Well, hell, I notice if a woman is attractive, so naturally a guy would notice, too. And I notice if a guy is attractive. And I notice if a house has beautiful architecture, or a car has a great lines, or a painting is a great work of art. Doesn't mean I feel like I have to possess those items.

Someone can appreciate beauty without feeling any need to act on it.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    This isn't the 50's anymore. Believe it or not, women can do what they want without worrying about what men think. And the last time I was "one of those girls" and slept with a guy on the first date, it was about 3 and 1/2 years ago. I'll have to ask him if he respects me since we now live together....in sin.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    It being 2011 has zilch to do with whether something is right or wrong, and, frankly, I think people who use the whole "times have changed" excuse for their behavior are a tad insecure about the decisions they've made. If you were truly doing what you thought was right, you wouldn't feel any need to justify it because it wouldn't matter to you what anyone else thought about it.

1. Sex on the first date ... not for me, but it has nothing to do with wanting a man to respect me. It's about needing to trust him on a level that I can't get to on the first date. I completely accept that not everyone feels this way. Different strokes for different folks.

2. "The chase" ... I agree that it depends on what kind of chase we're talking about. I think on a primal level, men enjoy being the hunters and find it immensely more satisfying to "conquer" a woman than to have her fall head over heels for him immediately. It says something about your manhood that you were able to win over a woman with high standards who doesn't form romantic attachments easily (not because they have trust issues, just because it takes more to get her undivided attention than a dozen roses). But I don't know any men who enjoy being manipulated, so if we're talking about women who play hard-to-get because they think it's cute or because they crave the attention, then yeah, I agree with the article. That's not only wrong; it's also immature and a major red flag that a woman is not emotionally stable enough for an adult relationship.

3. Being "just friends" ... I totally think it's possible for a man and a woman to be friends with no actual sex, but I agree with a previous poster that there is always sexual tension between heterosexual males and females. To deny that is to deny biology. Our ability to not act on purely physical desire is what makes us humans and not wild animals.

4. Leaving something to the imagination ... Again, this is a primal thing for men AND women. We are drawn to nakedness. It's just a fact. But of course anticipation comes with its own excitement. There's something to be said for being the only man in a given room who knows what your woman looks like under her clothes ... and to know that you can see it in all its glory whenever you want.

5. Independence ... Grown men are not afraid of or intimidated by independent women. And by "independent," I don't mean a woman who needs a man she can push around ... I actually think that kind of woman is the opposite of independent. I mean a woman who knows what she wants and is actively pursuing it and who doesn't see "finding a man" as a solution to an unfulfilling life.