Vic's Losers: MEAT Me at the Beach Challenge (now recruitin

Options
z4deeda7e91a5f.gif

Welcome to Vic’s Losers “MEAT Me at the Beach” Challenge. You are in for 12 weeks of support, motivation, reflection, and accountability. I’d like to welcome back members of our past challenge group (12 Weeks Till Summer) and I’d like to extend a heartfelt “HELLO” to anyone interested in joining our amazing group!

All of “Vic’s Losers” are known for their:
• Commitment
• Motivation
• Support
• Encouragement

If you too possess these characteristics, then this group could be right for you!

We welcome members that are trying to lose a lot, trying to lose a little, or just trying to maintain. We’re not in a battle to see who can lose the most weight the fastest. We are here to encourage and support each other through every step of the journey. We use our weekly weigh-ins to hold ourselves accountable. Our progress charts provide a way to see personal progress.

In order to become a member of our lovely little group, you MUST play by the following rules (there are only three, so this shouldn’t be hard.) Repeat after me…

1. I will post weight on the CURRENT thread during each weekly weigh-in window (Thursday – Sunday NOON)
2. I will keep track of the new threads that are posted each week
3. I will not post on dead/closed threads

Though participation in discussion is not a requirement of the group, all members are encouraged to share thoughts, feelings, questions, comments, concerns, and my favorite…VICTORIEIS at any time on the current week’s thread. Please keep in mind that we are a caring group that offers encouragement, support, and motivation. All we ask in return is your commitment to yourself and the group.

***Challenge Requirements***

If you are interested in joining the “MEAT Me at the Beach Challenge”, please post the following information:

Current weight (as of TODAY):
Goal weight (as of SEPT. 1ST):
# of lbs/kg to lose (as of SEPT. 1st):
Weight Category (reduce, reduce/maintain, maintain):

Since we are all at different points in the journey I feel that it would be helpful to get to know other people that have similar goals. Because of that please classify yourself into ONE of the following categories (based on your goals for THIS challenge).
1) REDUCE – I want to lose more than 5 lbs during this challenge
2) REDUCE/MAINTAIN – I want to lose 5 lbs or less during this challenge and spend the remaining weeks maintaining my goal weight
3) MAINTAIN – I have recently reached my goal weight but I would like to use this challenge to stay accountable during my first 12 weeks of maintenance.

*** First Week’s weigh-in window is Thursday, June 16th – Sunday, June 19th ***

Weights must be posted during our weekly weigh-in window (Thursday morning until Sunday NOON).

If you know that you will be unable to weigh-in during the week (i.e. you’re on vacation, TOM, etc.) but you still want to be part of the group, just post on the thread that you can’t weigh-in, or send me a message (newmeat30).

I only chart the weight of people who post it on the CORRECT thread. If I don’t see your info on the current thread, then your weight will not be added to the chart and you run the risk of being knocked off the chart. You will know that you are in jeopardy if your name is grey on the chart.

Charts will be posted on a NEW thread every SUNDAY evening. Also included on the new thread will be weekly challenge (usually centered on self-reflection) and occasionally a random question of the day. Old threads are considered dead and are NOT checked. If you can’t find the new thread…send me a message…I’ll help you. :wink:

When posting weight, you must put an actual number. Phrases such as “no change”, “up a pound”, or “same as last week” are only good as a comment if they are attached to a number, otherwise I might post your weight incorrectly and that is the last thing I want to do. Phrases like “Same as last week…146.4” are perfect.

I highly encourage you to save the following in a word document so you can update it and paste it into new thread each week:

Current Weight (As of today):
Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st):
Weight Category:
6/9: **start of challenge**
6/16:
6/23:
6/30:
7/7: <<<mini goal weight ___>>>
7/14:
7/21:
7/28:
8/4: <<<mini goal weight ___>>>
8/11:
8/18:
8/25:
9/1: <<<challenge goal weight ___>>>

If you cannot commit to being an active member in this group, please DO NOT sign up for this challenge. I’m not a fan of limiting group size, but since 300+ signed up for the last challenge and less than 80 actually completed it I’m going to have to put a cap of 125 members. All members that COMPLETED the previous challenge will automatically gain a spot on the team (if they so desire). Once we have reached 125 members I’ll post that we are now “full”. If you are still dying to join us after I announce that we are “full” please send me a message (newmeat30) explaining your situation.

Welcome to 12 wonderful weeks of accountability, support, encouragement, and motivation!!

:flowerforyou: Vic

Replies

• Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi Vic, I am in
    Current Weight (As of today): 145.2
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 135
    Weight Category:
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    Current Weight (As of today): 290
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 270
    Weight Category: reduce
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    oooh...two of my girls are back!! I'm so glad to have you again ladies! We're going to kill it this time. :bigsmile:
  • lolacanaday
    lolacanaday Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Current weight 147
    Mini goal weight 137
    Ultimate goal 128
    Weight category reduce
    1st week will be a challend, as I am vacationing in Cabo the whole week! May have to put my start weight at 150 just to be safe!
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    I am here for another 12 weeks!
    CW: 132.8
    GW: 120
    Weight Category: Reduce!!

So happy to have another 12 weeks with all of you!!
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    Thanks so much Vic!!!! I'm super excited so this thread!!! :bigsmile:
    Current Weight (As of today): 180.8
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 170
    Weight Category: Reduce!!!
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:

:flowerforyou:

Pam
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Im IN!
    I will post my stats on my regular Thursday weigh in
    Whoo Hoo!
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Current Weight (As of today): 134.2 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 125.0 lbs
    Weight Category: REDUCE (-9 lbs)

6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 131.2 >>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 128.2 >>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 125.0 >>>
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Would LOVE to be added! :)

Current weight - 166
    Challenge goal weight - 144
    Weight category-REDUCE (-24 lbs)

Thank you! :)
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    Im in !
    But I didnt weigh myself today,can we post our results on Thursday after we complete our other 12 week challenge ??
    Thanks
  • newmeat30
    Options
    Im in !
    But I didnt weigh myself today,can we post our results on Thursday after we complete our other 12 week challenge ??
    Thanks

you sure can! :wink:
  • His_Kid
    His_Kid Posts: 44
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm a little scared to join any challenge with people who weigh less than the amount I have left to lose (I am new, and pretty tentative still, so forgive me if that sounds bad) but I am definitely willing to try. I have been doing a pretty decent job on food so far, but I have been having a severe asthma issue since before I started MFP. It is VERY slowly resolving, but I really cannot do ANYthing that raises my heartbeat even the slightest bit. Is it ok if I join and start off with only doing food and not exercise? I promise to join in as soon as I can!

Current Weight (As of today): 269.6
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 249 (down 20.6 lb)
    Weight Category: reduce
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 263>>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 256>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 249>>>
  • Irene_1
    Irene_1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am so in - will let you know my weight and goals on Thursday.

Thank you very much for all your support. I just love this.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in :smile:

Current Weight : 206 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 194
    Weight Category: REDUCE (- 12 lbs)

(My weigh-in is Sunday morning... can I give you the my accurate numbers then?)
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im in! I will post stats tomorrow when I have my computet not my phone!
  • bradylover12
    bradylover12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks! I am so in. This sounds like something for me :)

Current Weight (As of today): 165
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 140
    Weight Category: Reduce
    6/16:
    6/23:
    6/30:
    7/7: <<<mini goal weight 155>>>
    7/14:
    7/21:
    7/28:
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight 147>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight 140>>>

7605765.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • newmeat30
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm a little scared to join any challenge with people who weigh less than the amount I have left to lose (I am new, and pretty tentative still, so forgive me if that sounds bad) but I am definitely willing to try. I have been doing a pretty decent job on food so far, but I have been having a severe asthma issue since before I started MFP. It is VERY slowly resolving, but I really cannot do ANYthing that raises my heartbeat even the slightest bit. Is it ok if I join and start off with only doing food and not exercise? I promise to join in as soon as I can!

@His_Kid
    We are a very NO pressure kind of group. We are here for motivation, encouragement, and support. I can assure that none of our weekly challenges will include things like "Do 50 push-ups" or "Run 3 miles". We stick more to the self-reflection route. :) Go at your own pace...we aren't here to judge you. :bigsmile:
  • newmeat30
    Options
    (My weigh-in is Sunday morning... can I give you the my accurate numbers then?)

@Bella

you sure can :wink:
  • His_Kid
    His_Kid Posts: 44
    Options

@His_Kid
    We are a very NO pressure kind of group. We are here for motivation, encouragement, and support. I can assure that none of our weekly challenges will include things like "Do 50 push-ups" or "Run 3 miles". We stick more to the self-reflection route. :) Go at your own pace...we aren't here to judge you. :bigsmile:

Thanks so much for the response. I feel a lot better now. :) I'm definitely in!
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I will post tomorrow. It's hard to cut and paste on an iPod!