Dont tell me your dieting while eating a snickers.....

tropikanagirl
tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
edited September 28 in Chit-Chat
Okay, so I am sitting with someone that just worked out at the park, where I did a short walk. I stop at a bench to drink some water. This lady was having someone help her walk and encouraging her. Even I said she was doing a great job. When her trainer left, She pulls out three snicker bars from her purse, proceeds to eat all of them and downs it with a coke on a bench I was sitting at, all while telling me she is on a diet.I was grossed out. Needless to say I went home and had a salad and did another workout.

I guess what bothered me was how hard she worked and did that. Its like having a screen door to prevent flies from coming in the house, but you leave the screen door wide open. I would have been fine with one snickers. *Yes we can treat ourselves) but that was too much for me.

Replies

• stephparee
    stephparee Posts: 12
    ahh i completely agree. theres no point in doing a workout if your just going to wash it out by eating something bad. I feel horrible if i eat something naughty after doing a workout. best feeling comes after a day where you have done a hard workout and kept up the healthy eating. :)
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    she thinks shes being fit then she will wonder why her diet isnt working
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    Wowsers....but u know what...I know I use to be that girl....one day her eyes will open wide....I know mine did! Boy am I glad!
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    Wowsers....but u know what...I know I use to be that girl....one day her eyes will open wide....I know mine did! Boy am I glad!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Three snicker bars? The big ones, and not the tiny bite-sized ones? I can see why that was too much for you. I wonder if she's counting calories...
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Wow, 3 full sized ones?! Goodness. I do treat myself to something yummy every day, but three candy bars is a little much!
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    Ah, I see. I guess she was absent the day they taught about calories in high school biology class.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    my brother worked out 3 times didnt change his eating , then was mad because he didnt lose weight, he just sent me an email about fat but fit and he thinks thats him, he couldnt walk to my truck without giving out of breath, but hes fat and fit lol
  • cgottel
    cgottel Posts: 22
    That's awful! I could understand one too. I even had a snickers ice cream bar myself. It's not too bad if you budget you calories correctly. But she basically undid all her hard work. It's a shame really....
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I'd be the one who couldn't keep her mouth shut and just ignore it and then casually say, "You did really well with your walk. It will get easier and dieting will become more natural. The biggest thing to help: Counting Calories. Do you count yours? There's an awesome website called MyFitnessPal.com, and it's very supportive!" :bigsmile:
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Maybe she's not as educated as you guys all are about nutrition. She just needs to spend some time on her diet. Until then, like you said, her hard work will all be for nothing.

BTW I found it hilarious you went home and exercised for her :laugh:
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    3!! Holy hell! You were nicer than I may have been. :)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Well, to be fair, you don't know what her eating habits were before. It isn't easy to just cut out everything bad for you at once- Hell, I am "dieting" but will still have bad moments where I will easily scarf down 2-3 warm glazed Krispy Kreme donuts. I am not perfect and I am sure not going to worry about others judging me for not being perfect either
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    I'd be the one who couldn't keep her mouth shut and just ignore it and then casually say, "You did really well with your walk. It will get easier and dieting will become more natural. The biggest thing to help: Counting Calories. Do you count yours? There's an awesome website called MyFitnessPal.com, and it's very supportive!" :bigsmile:
    Sounds like a productive response. :)
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Let's try not to judge others. We don't know her whole story. And I'm sure many of us were once right where she is.
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Maybe she worked out harder or longer so she could "afford" those snickers. who knows. but to each their own.
  • enlarsh
    enlarsh Posts: 67
    Maybe it was some kind of covert Biggest Loser Challenge and there were secret cameras all around recording her?
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Well, to be fair, you don't know what her eating habits were before. It isn't easy to just cut out everything bad for you at once- Hell, I am "dieting" but will still have bad moments where I will easily scarf down 2-3 warm glazed Krispy Kreme donuts. I am not perfect and I am sure not going to worry about others judging me for not being perfect either

OMG....Krisy Kreme....now I want one...or two...:bigsmile:
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Let's try not to judge others. We don't know her whole story. And I'm sure many of us were once right where she is.
    ^^This.
    No one is perfect. And its not your place, or ours to judge her choices
  • There is a big problem with the idea of diets these days. It's more about portion size and eating good foods then completely cutting yourself off. My girlfriend and I give ourselves one day to eat something 'bad' (Usually a small flurry or something like that). And even with that promise, we still go out with friends and such, but try to eat well. (She's helping me, but it's mostly me who needs to lose the weight. Such a support.)

If you cut yourself off completely, you do what that woman did! You wait until the people who are helping you stay on track turn their back and BAM! Chocolate and soda as fast as you can. She needs to instead say "You know what, Friday night, I'm going to have some ice cream...but no sweets until then". It helps
This discussion has been closed.