Dont tell me your dieting while eating a snickers.....

Replies

• MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    I'm sorry you'll have to excuse me, but aren't you on mfp to lose weight? That being said I'm sure a casual observer could have something to say about what you do as well. And to say it's her funeral is cruel!!! Ok so you dropped a few pounds and suddenly you're an expert? Be serious! Judge not, lest you be judged!! And until you've walked in the shoes of a morbidly obese person you have no idea the battles she's fighting.

Did you stop to tell her that she could replace those unhealthy habits with better ones? Did you educate her on the benefits of healthy eating combined with exercise?? Did you witness to her and tell her of your success to hopefully inspire her??? NO you sat on your pedestal looking down your nose at her. How would you like if someone did that to you? Bet you wouldn't. Maybe that was your opportunity to be a blessing to someone else, but you missed the mark think too highly of yourself because you are oh so healthy!!!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    you don't want to hear what i call a diet.. food, beer, candy, and water. I eat what I want, and when I want. Restricting the good stuff will cause you to binge. You should follow the footstep of the "snickers lady" and relax!

PS, I hope you used "diet" ranch dressing in that salad of yours!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Really do not see why you were so concerend with what someone else was doing.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Many people are like that. Even on here you have people who say they eat healthy and have no idea why they are not losing weight. When you take a look at their diary it is right there. I was told by a Psychology teacher once, "When the student is ready the teacher will come" . A chinese proverb. Some people are just not ready.

Take it as a lesson to your.
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Can someone please post a beat your head against the wall emoticon?!!!

There are still people assuming this woman consumed 3 full size bars. Personally I think that is an insane assumption. I have eaten large pizzas by myself, 3 or 4 double cheeseburgers was not a difficult task, but I don't think I ever ate 3 full size candy bars all at once.
  • and you care WHY? did those snickers bar go to your stomach? way to be judgmental.
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    maybe in her view she felt like she worked hard so deserved a treat...i used to play games like that with myself but my treat was a few mini chocolate chips not 3 snickers and a coke.

I haven't had soda in years and will only have ginger ale diet if I get sick to feel my stomach settle but even then we buy the 6 pack cans so we don't have in in the fridge taking up space. we need that space for the healthy stuff so no room for soda in here.
  • bigcurt61
    bigcurt61 Posts: 51 Member
    No matter how you slice it a coke and 3 full size snickers bars is a lot of empty calories (3x280=840cals). She would have to walk for 3 hours plus just to burn the snickers bars. Maybe no one has talked to her about eating habits and moderation, I'm not saying she should never have one I'm saying she should just have one. So many of us (even us MFP's) still use food as a reward for ourselves, this may have been the case with her. I hate to see people take 2 steps forward and 3 back, but hopefully if she sticks with it her body won't crave sweets anymore. I had a snickers bar yesterday (yeah a full size one :tongue: ) and it was TOO sweet for me, so I know my body is changing what it wants me to put in. My question to the author of this topic is did you say something to her or just get up and leave. Many times people don't know and with all these fad diets maybe there is one now where you eat 3 snickers bars after exercise! I would say next time if you didn't, to just try to provide some insight with love/caring in your voice. People recieve it a lot better and put a plug in about this great resource that we all use.

Be Blessed

Curt
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    i dont see anything in the OP that suggests she was being overly judgemental or horrible.

All of you here, would you really not raise an eyebrow at that at all. Are you really all that saintly that you wouldnt secretly think anything of that at all? Re-read the OP and tell me that truthfully.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    i dont see anything in the OP that suggests she was being overly judgemental or horrible.

All of you here, would you really not raise an eyebrow at that at all. Are you really all that saintly that you wouldnt secretly think anything of that at all? Re-read the OP and tell me that truthfully.

I agree with you. Why do people love to judge?
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Her "snack" fits into my daily calorie intake goal -- it was 968 calories. I'm at 1200 -- granted -- it doesn't leave much room left unless all she eats, when the OP isn't looking, is celery lol. But she's under AND she's exercising so she probably has a higher allowance for the day.

Some people calorie constric without exercising -- and lose -- some exercise without dieting and lose.

I don't think we should beat the OP for coming on here to rant -- at least she didn't confront the woman (IMO). If it was me -- I'd welcome the conversation and suggestions. But that's probably because I talk WAYYYY too much to random people.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    I think i figures it out. Maybe she was feeling weak so she automatically, like many others out there, went for some sugar to help with her "low blood sugar". Heck that is a good excuse to me to throw back 3 delicious chocolate... * drools*
    I should eat my rasin bran now before i start going through my sons left over candy stash.
  • It wasn't the OP's post that I found judgmental. I guess I'm more sympathetic since I've been there :/
  • NobodyKnows

The issue I have with the OP is that she posted a rant topic and didn't stick around to participate or even answer questions. If they were fun size snickers, it is really no big deal in my opinion.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Wow.. that's a lot of bashing for a few snickers bars...
    I'm not saying it is the way to go if you want to lose weight, but she probably would have eaten those anyways, so I guess it's not all bad that she did burn a few calories beforehand.
    It really is a journey, and not everybody is at the same stage.
    Try to understand instead of feeling all mighty in comparison.
    Well, that was my two cents... ;-)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I can't think of any good reason to eat one snickers bar, let alone 3. Or coke, for that matter. They aren't food. That's just mindless, tasteless junk.
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    When her trainer left, She pulls out three snicker bars from her purse, proceeds to eat all of them and downs it with a coke on a bench I was sitting at, all while telling me she is on a diet.I was grossed out.

That is insanely hilarious and saddening at the same time.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    It really is a journey, and not everybody is at the same stage.

I agree with this.

Who am I to judge anyone else? A year ago, I was the fat girl drinking Diet Coke. I'm sure people judged me for it, but that's where I was in life. It's not our jobs to judge others and make them feel bad about themselves for the choices they make. If you want to help someone get healthy, share your own experiences. Make it about YOU and how good you feel now. Or try feeling compassion for the person. Remember how you felt during your struggles with food and fitness. Cutting other people down isn't a way to create positive change in yourself or others.
  • NobodyKnows
    I can't think of any good reason to eat one snickers bar, let alone 3. Or coke, for that matter. They aren't food. That's just mindless, tasteless junk.

So we should only consume something that has a mind?

That rules out veggies! A steak diet sounds good to me. :tongue:
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member

I think they're tastey :) Or maybe that's just me being a fat chick?
This discussion has been closed.