Weird Food Quirks

Options

Replies

• evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My usual go to depression food is Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists. However, I can never eat them as is. So I always dipped them in Nacho Cheese.

How awful is that? I'm too afraid to look at how horrible that would be for me while on my diet. So I've just given them up completely.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    if i make hard boiled eggs i have to cut them in half and put mayo on each half; i will only eat pork if i cooked it (that stuff will give you a tape worm!) ; if i eat mashed potatoes i like them dry... no butter, gravy, sour cream, cheese, nothing just potato; i'll dip almost anything in ketchup; and when i make chicken i have to clean the kitchen top to bottom in case any salmonella got anywhere i might touch then i could touch my face or my son's food and someone would get sick and die! (the last one is extreme but that's seriously my train of thought when i see raw chicken, sadly i LOVE chicken.)
  • faithbelievejoy
    faithbelievejoy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If I eat a hamburger I start from the bottom and work my way up..layer by layer.
    I eat the outside layer of a candy bar first then I eat the middle.
    If I eat spaghetti I have to have grape jelly in it.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    When I have a McD menu, I eat fries first, then the burger.
    When I have a cake formed like a spiral, I have to eat it just the way the spiral turns round. I cannot just take a bite going through 2 layers.I'm nibbling it round and round until I reach the center.

MM
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can't eat anything I deem to be 'slimy' or 'furry' which includes mushrooms (slimy), mashed potato (furry) and banana (furry outside and slimy middle, double wrong)

I can't stand onion except onion rings (no idea why) - but only if the onion inside isn't big enough to become 'slimy'

I don't really like any dry food so have to have some sort of sauce

I also have to do the spiral thing with any food like that. With M&Ms I have to alternate between biting them and sucking them.

I have to leave at least one forkful of food on my plate or one mouthful at the bottom of my coffee. I'm actually working on that one as it stems from when my eating was a little disordered and was a control thing.

I tend to eat my least favourite things on a plate first and work up to my favourites

I know there are loads more
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    prawns - i actually dont mind the taste, but the thought of them grosses me out. I feel like im eating insects and just makes me feel a bit sick. This is getting worse as i get older
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs in any form except possibly scrambled. I don't even like to eat with someone who is eating eggs. I especially hate egg salad or hard boiled eggs.

I am so with you on this! Except I can't do scrambled eggs. Having said that, I am going to try to make them with egg white to see if they are more palatable. I did this with a frittata the other day and it was OK (I did put loads of other stuff in it to disguise the potential egginess of it though). I'd also like to add runny boiled and fried eggs to the list - eeek, just so unutterably gross! The smell of eggs is particularly nauseating to me.

As is the smell of tea (the beverage, not afternoon cakes and sandwiches)!

I don't think I have any quirks though - just distinct preferences!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time with shrimp, bc it weirds me out that you can eat a whole animal in one bite. : )

HAHA! :laugh: I've never thought about that! :wink:
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I eat plain popcorn seasoned with ketchup and mustard.

I eat plain popcorn seasoned with lemmon pepper seasoning. YUM!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My foods can't touch, I can't eat it if they have.
    BUT there are certin thigns that belong together like I can have mushrooms in my pasta or somehow I can eat sheppards pie and pizza. I'm a weirdo :-(

I can't do foods that touch either. I will eat things one at a time, mindful of the layers
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    prawns - i actually dont mind the taste, but the thought of them grosses me out. I feel like im eating insects and just makes me feel a bit sick. This is getting worse as i get older

Prawns and crawfish are the same thing right? If they are, I hate when I go to cajunfest in my town and there are HUNDREDS of people sucking the heads of crawfish BARF CITY. My stomach just rolled thinking about it
  • Vendetta2300
    Options
    Haha, this thread is hilarious!

I dont eat shrimp - I think they look like abortion-waste (as in flushed out fetuses). I know this is gross and ridiculous, but I am a biologist and have actually seen miscarriages from different animals and I swear - it looks exactly like shrimps!

When eating a sandwich I always take off the top and eat it as two open-faced sandwiches. Top half with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, salad and dressing, and bottom half with creamcheese, regular cheese and filling. I will rearrange my sandwich to be like this, otherwise I cant eat it.

I cant sink my teeth into bread. I have break off a small piece with my fingers and put the whole piece in my mouth. I do not like to eat sandwiches, bruschetta and other bready stuff with my teeth - I will pick it apart, then eat it!

I eat mars and snickers bars by taking off the chocolate sides, then the top layer of chocolate, then the chewy layer beneath the chocolate and then the bottom layer!

I am now a vegetarian, but back when I ate meat, I would always put chocolate spread under my meat in sandwiches... And I couldnt eat any meat that had bones, veins or tendons in it. If I saw the slightest bit of bone, I couldnt eat it. Makes eating chicken sort of a challenge. I took the hint, and became vegetarian - now I dont have to worry about anything animal-like in my food (Well, except for bugs in the vegetables :laugh: )

Wow, I am such a freak - my friends always make fun of me, when we eat! But it's great to see that I am not the only one :flowerforyou:
  • meathie
    meathie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    these are so funny! Im abit strange with stuff too. Im actually getting better these days! I hate tomatoes, hate them, but love ketchup so much. I can only eat raw finely chopped onions, cannot abide cooked onions. I hate hate mushrooms, though as a kid I wouldnt eat without them. I love cheese esp melted on toast but cannot eat spag bog or the likes if theres melted cheese on it, only toast. love mayo and cheese but if they put side by side on sandwich cannot eat it! love the smell of prawns and mussels in garlic or whatever, but physicaaly gag if they so much as touch my lips. would live on eggs only forever if I had to but for some reason cant eat omlettes at all! if I see anyting even a dot of blood or darkness on raw chicken I isually cant eit it for a few weeks. hate loose peas but love sugarsnaps! love bean sauce but not beans. and then texture, dont get me started! hot dogs, kidney beans, fish, fillet pork?(love other pork!). hate sweet things in savory food, sweet chilii, pineapple, coconut, lime etc but love them all otherwise. my husband is very patient!!! and he cooks all the time....
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You guys are hilarious! I won't eat anything mushy- avocado, banana, tomatoes, beans, etc. Gaggggggg!
  • stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    Options
    This past year my friends at school started to make fun of me for my eating habits... so I feel all of your pain!

Let's see...

1. Nothing can touch on my plate..( when I was younger my mom told me how her mother used to put everything together and the water from the peas would mix with the blood from the meat and the ketchup too... yech)
    2. Any sandwich is better with cheddar and sour cream chips on it.
    3. All sandwiches crusts must be eaten first. The middle part of the sandwich usually gets torn into pieces and then eaten.

That's all I can think of for now, but I know there are other weird habits!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't like my foods to touch. I also eat one thing at a time. Everyone picks on me for it as well.

This is me!!!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I can't eat an egg and chicken (or turkey) in the same day.....it grosses me out.

Why does that gross you out? Is it because an egg is basically just a chicken's period?
    -wtk
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Okay I have lots...

1) I CANNOT have my food touch on my plate
    2) No matter how well I cook skinless boneless chicken breast it tastes raw and makes me sick!
    3) I used to hate cooked fruit. Now I love it!
    4) I over cook my eggs.... and then I microwave them for 1 minute because I can't handle them being runny...This drives my husband insane.
    5) I can't stand nuts except for peanuts and even then it's tough.
    6) I hate fruit in salad, or stuffing, or any other savory dishes... ick.
    7) bacon and steak need to be cooked to a crisp. I'm getting better with the steak tho.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I like my soup cold and my soda hot

Lisa - "mom! Bart's drinking coffee!"

Bart - "no i'm not, it's hot Pepsi!"
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    This thread is great! :)

Not sure if this is weird but its my fav: I LOVE BBQ sauce and shredded cheese on my scrambeled eggs.

When I eat chocolate covered peanuts, pretzels etc I usually suck off the chocolate then eat the inside seperately.

I like to bite the different gummy bear heads off and attach them to a different colored body before I eat them (I haven't had any in forever!)

When I used to go to McD's I enjoyed their vanilla icecream cone with frenchfries--I would dip them into the icecream

I also like the combo of mayo and ketchup on my fries (again haven't had this in forever)

I can't drink water out of a normal cup--I NEED a straw, even my waterbottle has a built in straw