If what you're doing is working - ignore this.

Options
1235»

Replies

• kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    K- so this post is old but i wanted to bump it forward because after reading this I contacted Steve and after discussing a bunch of things I decided to try a 30 day challenge he directed me to. Well today is my last day. I have lost 11 lbs! 11 lbs! after months of .4, .2, +1 etc etc. He is right. THIS does work! I have him to thank for my newfound energy, body and excitement for food. Thanks Steve - you have really helped me!
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I wanted to try this b/c it's hard to give up carbs..even "healthy" ones (low carb pasta, brown rice, high fiber tortillas) and I find I crave more sweets when my carb intake is what the preset goals on this site are. I just changed my intake ratios to see if it will help. Only losing .2 in 25 days sucks!

I believe the key is to limit the release of insulin in your body.. and like you said, too much protein can be converted into glucose. I also am tired of the misguided war on fat...it's not fat making ppl fat!

Thanks for the post!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think the advice in this post is great! I somewhat follow this. I use to eat alot of fruit becuase I thought they were good and healthy.. I was told fruit has "good" sugar and to ignore if I went over my sugars from fruit.. WRONG!! Ugh! lol..

I dont eat red meat or pork.. I do have rice sometimes. but only 1 cup and not everyday. My meals are mainly veggies, chicken, fish, and for breakfast 2 eggs and a peice of toast. or breakfast is when I will have fruit.. like grapes or an apple or something. It is working for me so far =] I plan on adding more variety to my eating but I am really just learning whats good and whats not and new recipes..

This has seemed to work for Kerrknox!! I am so happy for you! Good job at sticking to it!
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    If you do it and it doesn't work - you may come to Pittsburgh and kick me in the shin.

Steve.

Now THAT, Mr. Steve, is a deal that's hard to beat. Hee hee hee...Good way to win friends and influence people (since the judgmental rant approach doesn't seem to work for anyone). :flowerforyou: