Options

Replies

• kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Was told the same day I took this pic that I'm between 26 and 27%

I'm 5'8 and weigh 150.

ColorCorr.jpg

I dont' know how to post pics, but last I checked I am 27% but I don't look this good, (wish I did!:smile:) maybe it was the calculator I used.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump for reading
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I suspected that my body fat scale was a complete waste of money. Nice to have that confirmed, I guess. I've had it for almost a year and, no matter what I do, it always says my fat% is about the same as my BMI. I don't have an accurate BF% and I'm not a woman so... no need for me to post pics, right? cool.
  • DinahKyle
    DinahKyle Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 20 and 25 percent. (military method) I'm 5'5 and around 155 lbs.

It really doesn't matter to me what it is honestly... just another pointless number to chase in my opinion.

I completely agree with you! I'm 5'8 150lbs and according to my dietitian I am around 22% - but I don't look nearly as good as some of these pictures! lol It's another number for people to be unhappy with.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Great pics everyone so far! Keep 'em coming! For those doubting their electronic scales; the measuring tape test can be a bit more accurate. I think I got 22% with it which is a heck of a lot closer to 19.8% than Tanita's 34%! It does only take whole inch measurements though.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html#accurate

Just used that link and it gave me 21.8% - nooooo. I would imagine I'm at least 28%.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i measure slightly lower in the caliper method but i don't believe either are entirely accurate. i've got huge t-rex legs and giant muscles, which makes me weigh more, which makes my body fat percentage less, though my actual total number of pounds of body fat is more than most people who measure in my range. i will cough up the money for a dexa scan or bod pod reading when my little handheld device reads me at 23% or lower.

oh and the scale with the foot pads always reads me 1% higher than the handheld model.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    last time I had my BF done (about a month ago-I was at 14% (down from 22) I am 5'5 and weigh 112 lbs.
    I have a tiny frame and do NOT have an eating disorder :bigsmile:

I am a runner-training for my next half marathon and do circuit training with weights 5 days a week.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Aha! Here I am couple weeks ago, like I said, about 27% per an online measurment calculator.
    001.jpg
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    june2012.jpg

I dont have a better pic atm, my BF is ~22/23%
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    here's another one--this was in 2007. 5'4", 107 pounds, 16% body fat, triple-checked by a fitness team using calipers. i never had the definition i wanted at that BF%, so i did eventually cut to 11% BF and just under 100 pounds, but i don't have any pics of what i looked like then. really just slightly smaller, less curvy and more defined. not "ripped" though--i never lifted enough or got enough water depletion to look super-buff :-P

2008bodypic.jpg
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    According to the link you posted, I'm about 19.6% body fat.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" 141lbs. I figured out my BF using my scale and about 4 other calculators online and i think i'm around 29%.
    62712-vi.jpg
    20120717_1544341-vi.jpg
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Here is another good link http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/ I'm 26% alot better than what I used to be but respectable I guess.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" 141lbs. I figured out my BF using my scale and about 4 other calculators online and i think i'm around 29%.
    62712-vi.jpg
    20120717_1544341-vi.jpg

no way your 29%! You look awesome and fit!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    62712-vi.jpg
    20120717_1544341-vi.jpg

no way your 29%! You look awesome and fit!

well thank you! i haven't had my body fat tested since college basketball (about 4 years). like i said i just used my scale (who knows how accurate it is) and 3 or 4 other online calculators and just took the average of them all. they weren't too far off from each other tho...all right around 29. most of my fat is on the back of my hips and my thighs...
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Looking good, ladies. I just came here for the pics. :)

Careful with the online calculators. The military one says I am 16% body fat. I was recently tested with the ultrasound method and was 8%. I have been cutting since and believe I am closer to 7% now.
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I worked it out to be 13.6% with the military bf calc, and it must be so wrong cos that seems incredibly low and I know I have more fat than that lol. One day I will get it done properly because I would love to know.

2012-07-22143128-1.jpg
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    bump-will read later!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 20 and 25 percent. (military method) I'm 5'5 and around 155 lbs.

It really doesn't matter to me what it is honestly... just another pointless number to chase in my opinion.

I completely agree with you! I'm 5'8 150lbs and according to my dietitian I am around 22% - but I don't look nearly as good as some of these pictures! lol It's another number for people to be unhappy with.

I actually think that people should go by body fat percentages and not scale weight. You can have a low scale weight and be at a high body fat percentage. The higher the body fat the more chances for health issues.