Visual Guide to Women's Body Fat %

Options

Replies

• shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump for later so I can find mine and re-read all these posts (Though from what I've seen, great job ladies)!!
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    5'9" - 140lbs
    Apx 19% BF (Calipers)
    Apx 21% (Navy BF calculator)

Abpurplenov.jpg
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    22.9% (at least last I got it checked at gym about a month or so ago). I'm noticing my pictures all kind of stink because I never prep them, so please excuse the dirty mirror---I have got to clean that thing.

Anyway, I'm 5'4", 119lbs, and 39 y/o. Yeah it totally stinks I carry all my fat in my belly, otherwise I'd be done losing. I really do have abs you just can't really see them. Ah well.
    BF22-9percent12-21-12_zps13ce488a.jpg

ETA: MireyGal76 and RumRunner I want your abs!! I also think it is astonishing how good some people look at various weights and heights. I cannot go far above 120lbs without looking like junk. But some of you wow amazing! You are the same height as me and you look spectacular in the 130s and even 140s!
  • acm130
    acm130 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    bump very interesting
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    The day I got CALIPERED at 19.8% my Tanita digital scale (foot pads only) read 34%. Those things are a joke in my case.

THANK YOU! My scale has been saying 34% or so for the last 2 years, and I've lost almost 20 lbs, but it still says 34%. Glad to know I'm not crazy! :laugh:
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i have a scale that says im at 39.4%bf i did that website and it says im actually at 25.4%bf that actually makes me feel a lot better than the 39 lol

edit: i weigh in at 185 right now still have a lot to lose (from having children)
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can read this when I am not at work
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump for later post
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I wish I had 20% bf.

Great work, ladies!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    <-- I am currently 141 pounds at 5ft 7inches and my body is 23.4-24.5% .. I always look thin even when I am not.. I have that kind of frame..lanky I guess but the profile pic is pretty current but I have gotten leaner ..lowest BF has been 21% I am 36 years old
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    the picture in my profile shows me over 34% body fat and then me right at 20% (measured with calipers).

I'm 5' 7.25" and the weights at each time are on my photo at that given time.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    thanks for bumping this... the last time I posted was in July and looking at that pic, I do believe I have improved! woot woot! :-D

*muah* to the bumper!

16124725_976.jpg
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm surprised you have that ab definition at 19.8%. You look pretty smoking!
  • Rum_Runner
    Options
    thanks for bumping this... the last time I posted was in July and looking at that pic, I do believe I have improved! woot woot! :-D

*muah* to the bumper!

16124725_976.jpg

I didn't even notice the date, but barely even recognized you. I was thinking "Is that an old pic?" LOL You improved...yes.... for sure!!
  • Rum_Runner
    Options
    OP, I'm surprised you have that ab definition at 19.8%. You look pretty smoking!

<<
    19.6% in this pic
  • RobynLB
    Options
    The day I got CALIPERED at 19.8% my Tanita digital scale (foot pads only) read 34%. Those things are a joke in my case.

THANK YOU! My scale has been saying 34% or so for the last 2 years, and I've lost almost 20 lbs, but it still says 34%. Glad to know I'm not crazy! :laugh:

Lol. My Tanita only changes when my feet are cold (I am way fatter when cold, lol). But the average matches the Army calculation strangely enough...
  • RobynLB
    Options

<<
    19.6% in this pic

Damn! How are you all getting defined six packs at 19%? I thought you needed to be under 15! I'm around 16-18, I do ab work, and my abs barely have definition. I guess that's just were my fat likes to hang?
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

<<
    19.6% in this pic

Damn! How are you all getting defined six packs at 19%? I thought you needed to be under 15! I'm around 16-18, I do ab work, and my abs barely have definition. I guess that's just were my fat likes to hang?
    Yup you and me Robyn... Ah well everyone is different :)
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread!
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 124 pounds. My profile pic is pretty recent. According to online calculators I am between 20 and 25%. I have been thinking of getting that caliper thing and seeing what that says!! I would like to be 18 or 19%