Low Fat Cupcakes

Options
13»

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I made diet cupcakes the other day. i took half the box of cherry chip cake mix and half of a can or diet dr pepper. mixed it together it mad 12 cupcakes. They were about 100 calories plain. My son had real icing on his and it bumped them up to over 200 calories, i put some plain yogurt and light jam on top of mine making it 140 calories. I tasted a piece with the icing and mine was way tastier. It was my first time making them and i will try it again.
  • bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    My favorite cupcakes- 1 box of Angel food cake + 1 can crushed pineapple. Thats all it takes! they come out so light, fluffly and sweet!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Duncan Hines Devil's food with canned pumpkin.... delicious!

Any idea on the calorie content of these? Sounds good.
  • wanderson99
    Options
    I got this from Working Mother magazine a long time ago and I've made it alot. It is to die for! My two boys are not big on veggies, but they love this recipe. You can't taste the zucchini at all, if you are not a big fan of zucchini. It makes really moist chocolaty cake. I hope you enjoy!

Stats: one serving = 190 calories, 36 grams carbs, 3 grams protein, 4 grams fat (0.5 grams saturated fat), 24 milligrams cholesterol, 329 milligrams sodium, 1.1 graams dietary fiber.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

2 cups all purpose flour
    2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    2 large eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract 2 cups grated zucchini
    Powdered sugar for garnish (usually skip this)

Preheat oven to 375°. Coat 9 x 13” baking pan (OR you can make cup cakes with the same batter). In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients with electric mixer and then combine. Stir in zucchini, transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top feels firm when lightly pressed in center. Cool completely and then cut into squares, dust with powdered sugar.
  • Mandakat17
    Mandakat17 Posts: 105
    Options
    bump
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey Guys--

I wanted to know if anyone has a good recipe for a low fat "diet" cup cake. Either something chocolatey or red velvety would be great. Any suggestions?

I found this recipe on skinny girl...it's to make skinny red velvet cupcakes...
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/skinny-red-velvet-cupcakes.html

Hope you like it!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My favorite cupcakes- 1 box of Angel food cake + 1 can crushed pineapple. Thats all it takes! they come out so light, fluffly and sweet!

This sounds really good. Do you prepare the cake the way it is directed? What's the calories for this also?
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    made these cupcakes - beyond great - no frosting even needed!!
    These are my favorite: pina colada cupcakes. They're delicious! The recipe is found here:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/pina-colada-cupcakes.html

And FYI - the whole website has tons of fantastic recipes.

I think I may have to make some tomorrow - looking at the photos again has made me drool. Enjoy!

There is a red velvet cupcake recipe on this website.

Thanks for the website, looks like there are some good recipes.