Awkward Moments at the gym?

Options
124»

Replies

• Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    LOL, these are funny! And a big part of the reason I do most my working out at home… at least all my potentially embarrassing moments, stepping on my own feet, not knowing right from left, etc., are private. Let’s just say I’m not the most coordinated person, so the last time I was at the gym on the elliptical, I’m not real good with the handles and was going from holding the bottom handle to trying to grab the top handles and kept missing my grab as I tried to maintain rhythm with my feet… kind of awkward feeling, so I looked up and there’s this super fit, in all the right clothes, gym expert, going like 80 mph on the other elliptical watching my efforts, she just winked and looked away and I kept going, but I felt like such a big doof!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    People thinking that I'm staring at them in the mirror when I'm actually just looking at myself!!

This! I always stare at myself during spinning to keep my form and I think some of the others girls think I'm staring at them. Ok, sometimes I do because they slack off so bad! Mostly I'm staring at myself or my bf. I like to watch his legs. :blushing:

It is always awkward watching people who can't figure out how to turn on or adjust machines. I always help out when I can.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I don't have any awkward moments, none that I'd admit to anyway. Just wanted to say...dude, you are hot!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    A mentally challenged woman once approached me completely naked in the locker room and asked me to help her put on her bathing suit......
    What do you say to that?
    I would say sure and start helping. :heart:
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    after a good bout on the cardio machines my legs are like jello. I can't walk straight no matter how focused I am.. I'm always bumping into machines (god help me if someone is on the machine) trying to get out of there.

Or I always kick the ground because my legs refuse to obey my commands to lift my toes. Anyone do the "pretend to jog" technique to totally cover up the stumble? I like to make it look like I have my A-Game going and am pumped to get to the next station. Gotta keep that heart rate up right????
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    A mentally challenged woman once approached me completely naked in the locker room and asked me to help her put on her bathing suit......
    What do you say to that?

I've had this, as well as elderly women.. you just help. Took a lot of courage for them to ask :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have been caught numerous times adjusting my junk, twice it worked in my favor, the other 10 times I felt like Filet Mignon for the over 50 crowd.......awkward.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i was an idiot one day and decided to go commando to the gym(i think i was wearing white shorts and didnt want underwear showing through)...well, im on the thigh press machine(the one where you press your knees together).. I had my headphones on and not realizing how loud i was, i look over to my friend and ask her, "Is my snatch showing?" I am not kidding when i tell you the ENTIRE room stopped what they were doing and stared at me. Clearly i was not whispering. I'm not sure if i was more mortified that they heard me ask about my lady parts or that i called it a "snatch".....
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The gym I go to has all the exercise equipment facing the locker room entrances. I was on a bike when a huge dude walks by and heads into the ladies locker room - I started yelling at him - "that's not the men's room"... He ignored me and went in - came out a few seconds later red faced and with a huge grin. I started laughing and could not stop. To this day, he has a hard time looking me in the eye, and I always shoot him a smile.

I was also in the locker room coming out of the restroom when a man in drag came into the stall next to me. I had to watch his feet to see if he was going to squat - he did. He was all dolled up with heavy makeup, but he must of weighed like 280 and was solid as a rock. Needless to say, he was not a pretty woman. But, gotta give him credit for using the women's room.
  • jennyb31
    jennyb31 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was working with my trainer one morning doing ab work. We were doing the thing where Ihe stands above me while I lie on my back and I grab his ankles (this sounds bad already!) then I raise my legs up and he pushes my feet beck down towards the ground. Anyways I must have really been getting into it cause one time he threw them down and I came back up with alot of force and kicked him right in the groin!! Poor guy!!

Another time I was front row in zumba with my brand new grey exercise pants on. Well Im a sweater and I realized that when I looked up and saw a nice perfect V in my crotch where the sweat was showing thru my pants!!

I also have been running on the treadmill and caught my hand on my earbud cord which throws my ipod behind me multiple times!!
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    I forgot my most classic. While doing the Stairmaster I seem to sweat from my chest and abs and it runs down and soaks up on the front of my shorts and looks like I peed myself. That single handedly got the best looks at my gym next to the girl loudly asking about her snatch showing.
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    I forgot my most classic. While doing the Stairmaster I seem to sweat from my chest and abs and it runs down and soaks up on the front of my shorts and looks like I peed myself. That single handedly got the best looks at my gym next to the girl loudly asking about her snatch showing.
  • JDMPWR
    Options
    I was working with my trainer one morning doing ab work. We were doing the thing where Ihe stands above me while I lie on my back and I grab his ankles (this sounds bad already!) then I raise my legs up and he pushes my feet beck down towards the ground. Anyways I must have really been getting into it cause one time he threw them down and I came back up with alot of force and kicked him right in the groin!! Poor guy!!

Another time I was front row in zumba with my brand new grey exercise pants on. Well Im a sweater and I realized that when I looked up and saw a nice perfect V in my crotch where the sweat was showing thru my pants!!

I also have been running on the treadmill and caught my hand on my earbud cord which throws my ipod behind me multiple times!!

I was waiting for you to say you looked up your trainers shorts and found he was going commando that day.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA! glad we were on the same page :blushing:
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    We've got a guy at our gym who seriously reminds me of someone from avatar. Dripping from sweat with his arms angled oddly on the elipicital going crazy fast.

Or this other guy with HUGE headphones on tossing his weights down and grunts crazy loud!