Hubby suggested cosmetic surgery :(

Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Since it is your body and you are clearly already leaning that way, I would advise waiting a while. You look young and it will likely correct itself to some degree, maybe totally.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Men communicate differently. You brought something up so he probably thought he was being supportive of your efforts and giving you the support you might need if you choose to take further steps. I would bet he emant to be loving, not critical or demanding. Your reasons for waiting are valid and unless he said you shouldn't wait because he is grossed out then I would take this as support instead of criticism.
  • TankiBabi
    TankiBabi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I’m going to play the other side a bit here. First let me say you can take this or leave it because I don’t know you or your husband and I wasn’t there when he said this. There disclaimer out of the way. But maybe he thought he was being helpful, it seems we men sometimes are in a no win situation, if we don’t talk, we don’t care, if we do we are insensitive jerks. Kind of the “does this dress make my butt look big” deal.
    Maybe he thought you were having a hard time dealing with the loose skin and thought he would be proactive in letting you know he would be ok with you getting surgery.

And to the “it’s your body” post. Yes but they are partners, and I would think something like this should be discussed between partners. I sure as hell know I would be mad as hell if my wife came home one day and said “oh by the way I decided to spend 10k on plastic surgery, and because it’s “my body” I didn’t feel I needed to discuss it with you. GMAFB

I am in complete agreement. Men and women don't think the same way. So you might want to give him a little bit of a break. If what he said is truly bothering you then talk calmly to him about it. Dont get angry or accuse him because that makes matters worse. Plus we women want men to tell us what they are thinking all the time its a bit messed up though getting upset because we might not like what they say. With all that said congratz on losing the weight thats a tough thing to do :)
  • TankiBabi
    TankiBabi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i suggest his own cosmetic surgery.............. removal of something with a blunt bit of metal !!

Thats just wrong wrong WRONG !

sorry but thats not the support you need right now !

WOW thats a bit of a strong statement. Maybe you should die down the man hatred there a bit. This isn't a feminist issue.