Let's Start a Group! TALL WOMEN UNITED :-)

Options

Replies

• mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'11 and 149lbs, fed up of people telling me "it doesn't matter if you wear bigger clothes cos you're tall" err according to that logic supermodels wouldn't exist!

Same here! 5'11" and people think I'm crazy when I say I am losing weight! It gets so frustrating because I know my body and I know when I feel good or not. Just because I'm tall and I don't look "heavy" doesn't mean that I don't feel like it.
  • Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    HELLO GORGEOUS LADIES!!! ARE YOU UP FOR THE JULY4TH 4lb CHALLENGE ?? (Thats just a little over 1lb lose per week starting today! It's definitely attainable, slow & steady wins the race!)

Post your weigh-in and i'll start a graph! :-)
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!! TALL WOMEN!!! It really is hard because people dont understand weight for tall women. I'm 5'10' and 199. I was down 17 lbs until vacation in April. Since then I've gained back all but 4 lbs. I'm so crushed. My boyfriend says he cant even tell, but my size 12 clothes sure can (Since I'm back to wearing the size 14 that I worked so hard to get out of!!) I once lost 100 lbs and my best weight was 155. I felt great but had to work SOOOO hard everyday to maintain what society feels is a "Normal" weight for women. I'd like to get to 165-170 and maintain. I feel that is completely achievable and a comfortable weight to live with. Tall women of the MFP world...UNITE!!!! Count me in!!

Oh yea, you can count me in for the July 4th challenge too! As of this morning, my weight was 202 (Rough weekend! LOL)
  • gabbyj
    gabbyj Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm down for the challenge.
    Add me to the graph/list whatever, lol.
    Thanks!

WEIGH -IN
    This morning I weighed 212.8 so my goal is 208.8 for July 4th.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Im in! SW:186-- goal for the 4th is 182.
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello, lovely ladies!

My name is Cara, and I'm 5'11.
    SW: 223 pounds / Size: 16
    CW: 176 pounds / Size: 10
    GW: 155 pounds / Size: 8
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm in for the July 4th challenge! I didn't weight myself this morning, and my normal weigh date is Wednesday's, (and I'm not using last week's weight as it was TOM for me) so I will let you know then!
  • Elibeth3
    Elibeth3 Posts: 7
    Options
    Yayy! Count me in!! I'm 5'9 and my bmi is on the high side.. jeans are impossible to find that fit my hips without having to trip over them! And my shirts are usually just a bit too short.. I know that i will feel so much better once i weigh my goal weight and get my bmi down a couple! Yes I'm curvy but it doesn't mean I should stay unhealthy! I'm about to hit the gym now for my cardio class! Keep going everyone you're all beautiful :]

SW/CW 165
    GW for june 4th 160
    FGW 130
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    LOL! Yes on the long jeans! :)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    159.6 this morning. (20 days into the 30 Day Shred)
  • DturmenD
    DturmenD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I"M IN!!!!!! I'm 5'9" and I am currently 227.2 lbs and 16 days into the 30 shred...are there any particiular rules for this challenge?
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    HELLO GORGEOUS LADIES!!! ARE YOU UP FOR THE JULY4TH 4lb CHALLENGE ?? (Thats just a little over 1lb lose per week starting today! It's definitely attainable, slow & steady wins the race!)

Me me me! Sw: 205.6. Really want to be 200 by the but we'll see!
  • stefvance32
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm 6'1 and have been for a very long time. Love being tall except for the jean thing and dresses being to short sometimes. I played college basketball so I never had to worry about exercising or eating cause I was burning it all off. So this past fall I get up to almost 190 lbs and have a melt down. The bad part about being tall and especially if you are broad shouldered and athletic instead of small framed is that if you get too big you might look like a scary big girl and that is what I'm avoiding. So I've started eating better and doing bodyrock.tv exercises 6 days a week and I'm down to 180 but much stronger. I would like to get down to 172-175. I love having other girls who know the feeling. Everyone who has heard a"you're tall!" as many times as I have.....:)
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a challenge.
    SW 209
  • hopeinatardis
    Options
    I'm in major need of this group and a nice challenge. I'm almost 5'10 and I weigh 153. My goal is 140. Everyone always tells me that I don't need to lose weight, but then strangers ask me when I'm due. It's very depressing. I am built like my dad, and I gain weight like him too. It all goes straight to my belly. I'm tired of hiding behind big baggy shirts and dresses. I want to wear a tight fitting shirt or dress with confidence.

sw: 155
    cw: 153
    gw: 140
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I'm in! Current weight 227. I weigh in on Saturdays at a center.
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    5'10".. I need to lose 30+ more lbs!!! :bigsmile:
  • Vcaser
    Vcaser Posts: 36
    Options

Count me in for a challenge, as that's what I'm supposed to be doing anyway!
    SW = 169.8
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    I am 5'9 and on a very rare occassion one of the shorter ones of this group. I hear the same thing as many of you that I look fine I don't need to lose any weight. I started out my heaviest at 218 a very tight size 18. I refused to go to plus sizes. I am now 198 and a size 14. Even though people say I may look fine I want my BMI to be at a healthy level and be toned.

Happy to meet so many tall women :)
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm 6'1 and have been for a very long time. Love being tall except for the jean thing and dresses being to short sometimes. I played college basketball so I never had to worry about exercising or eating cause I was burning it all off. So this past fall I get up to almost 190 lbs and have a melt down. The bad part about being tall and especially if you are broad shouldered and athletic instead of small framed is that if you get too big you might look like a scary big girl and that is what I'm avoiding. So I've started eating better and doing bodyrock.tv exercises 6 days a week and I'm down to 180 but much stronger. I would like to get down to 172-175. I love having other girls who know the feeling. Everyone who has heard a"you're tall!" as many times as I have.....:)

I hate when people meet me and exclaim, "wow you're tall!" I'm like, "Really? No one has ever said that!" :grumble: