Let's Start a Group! TALL WOMEN UNITED :-)

Options

Replies

• katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    HELLO GORGEOUS LADIES!!! ARE YOU UP FOR THE JULY4TH 4lb CHALLENGE ?? (Thats just a little over 1lb lose per week starting today! It's definitely attainable, slow & steady wins the race!)

Post your weigh-in and i'll start a graph! :-)

Of course I would love to join, AFTER giving birth :laugh: Maybe a new challenge in November :wink:
  • jesscorinne
    Options
    5'9'' and my max weight was 183 im now 159 and in a healthy weight range but I carry my fat in odd places. It is all in the front of my stomach and upper thighs.
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I Wanna join. I'm 5'8 and i am the shortest in my family. I buy my clothes from Ashley Stewart (size 16) because they carry tall lengths. My start weight was 253 on May 21st and now my CW is 240. My goal is 165-175. I want to reach my healthy BMI for my height.

Antoinette (Brooklyn,NY)
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Brooklyn, NY
  • KJ514
    KJ514 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!

Height 5'10"
    SW 192
    CW 190
    GW 160
    july 4th goal 186
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hi everyone - nice to meet you all!

I'm 5'10 1/2 and currently 142 lbs. I'm working towards building lean muscle and reducing my body fat now that I have lost thirty pounds since July. It's a fine balance - if I do too much cardio, it's become pretty easy to lose weight - and that's NOT what I want these days. I'm entering 'skinny' territory.

While I'm not up for the challenge, I would like to visit the thread regularly to cheer the rest of you on and to share my own small victories!

Feel free to friend me :):flowerforyou:
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!

I'm 5' 10.5" and finally down to a weight I like...155. My highest was probably 185 (except for giving birth at 198!) I'm now working on my fat % instead of the scale. Want to get to 24% BF, but currently at 27%. I would LOVE to fit into a smaller size jeans! Don't think I've been in the single digits since early high school! Currently my waist could fit into a size 10, but my hips just barely squeeze into a size 12.

Would love to know what kind of workouts all of us "amazons" are into. I'm late to this fitness/health thing and am usually the oldest female at my gym. I'd also love new friends!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am 5'9". My starting weight was 300, which was my highest ever. As of this morning I was 254. Getting to 250 by July 4th would get me a third of way through my process so I am very excited about that prospect. I have just started to notice my weight loss in photos and other people are noticing so I am very motivated right now. Most people don't think I weigh as much as I do which is good, but I am still very overweight and need to get healthy. I would love more tall girl friends and to join a challenge.
  • wifeyburress
    Options
    I am in! I have hit a plateau but, I would love to go down about 4 lbs by July 4th! I am 5'11 3/4" and 151 lbs. For the first time in my life, I am a size 4! Before I had my two babies, I was a size 14, but they have been my inspiration to be fit and healthy. I would love if anyone friended me. I would love some amazon support! :)
  • valerieee
    valerieee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HELLO GORGEOUS LADIES!!! ARE YOU UP FOR THE JULY4TH 4lb CHALLENGE ?? (Thats just a little over 1lb lose per week starting today! It's definitely attainable, slow & steady wins the race!)

Post your weigh-in and i'll start a graph! :-)

Hi!
    I would love to join this challange if I'm not too late?! I'm really close to 5'10 and my initial weight was like 225lbs, I'm 171lbs now and really want to get into the low 160s so losing 4lbs for July 4th would really help me on my way! Having support to get there would be a huge help! :)
  • trapitt
    trapitt Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am in!

I am 6 feet. My starting weight on may 9th was 210.8
    I am now 198.8.
    My goal is 175 by September. And then we will see if I can get down to old goal weight of 163.
  • janski2
    janski2 Posts: 70
    Options
    bump
  • Layneyfox
    Layneyfox Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello tall ladies!

I would love to be part of the group - finally!! I am 6ft tall and currently 290 lbs, want to lose about 100lbs and think a group for us leggy lovelies is a fantastic idea for more support!!

I am also up for the July 4th challenge - absolutely!!!!

LF x
  • Vcaser
    Vcaser Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow, all you six-footers out there are awesome! I did not reach my full height of 5'10 until I was nearly 20 years old, for which I am thankful - no one likes to stand out too much in high school. I was about 5'8 when I graduated. Now that I am grown, and there is no hiding it anyway, I love wearing tall shoes and standing up straight. My husband is 6'3, luckily, and is one of the few taller men I've met who actually LIKE tall women! :bigsmile:
  • katythemommy
    Options
    Hi everyone - nice to meet you all!

I'm 5'10 1/2 and currently 142 lbs. I'm working towards building lean muscle and reducing my body fat now that I have lost thirty pounds since July. It's a fine balance - if I do too much cardio, it's become pretty easy to lose weight - and that's NOT what I want these days. I'm entering 'skinny' territory.

While I'm not up for the challenge, I would like to visit the thread regularly to cheer the rest of you on and to share my own small victories!

Feel free to friend me :):flowerforyou:

Congratulations on losing 30 pounds!!
  • katythemommy
    Options
    Wow, all you six-footers out there are awesome! I did not reach my full height of 5'10 until I was nearly 20 years old, for which I am thankful - no one likes to stand out too much in high school. I was about 5'8 when I graduated. Now that I am grown, and there is no hiding it anyway, I love wearing tall shoes and standing up straight. My husband is 6'3, luckily, and is one of the few taller men I've met who actually LIKE tall women! :bigsmile:

I love tall men, so sexy!! Of course, I married a man much shorter than me :laugh: but I love him anyway! :love:
  • timea_84
    timea_84 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, count me in!!!! I'm 6' tall, I weighed 172lbs when I started MFP in February, my GW is 150lbs but I'd be happy at 155lbs. MY CW is 168, my weight ranges from 165-168 everytime I weight myself and for some reason I CANNOT dip below this.
    I take group fitness classes 3-4 times a week, and I run on days off. I have a desk job so I sit on my bum for 8.5 hours M-F and that's how I put on 20+ pounds. I don't want to lose a ton of weight, I'm more interested in toning up,being fit.
    I'm so glad there's so many tall ladies on MFP!!! Please feel free to add me, my only friend is my sister lol :smile:
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good day - I didn't eat very well today :( PMS, I think. But, I took the dog out after work for her usual walk and did some running with her as I just got new runners and that's my next goal - a 5k. I wore my HRM and burned 240 cals - not bad for just taking the dog out. It was nice and a good way to come down from the stress of work.

Have a great night everyone :)
  • hopeinatardis
    Options
    PMS always messes up my diet. Today is one of those days. But I am heading to the gym right after work. Still stuck at 150...
  • 44isthenew29
    Options
    PMS always messes up my diet. Today is one of those days. But I am heading to the gym right after work. Still stuck at 150...

Hope you had a good workout - you'll get there.