Let's Start a Group! TALL WOMEN UNITED :-)

Options

Replies

• Heatherp71
    Heatherp71 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm in as well...being 6' tall has some challenges.
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    Options
    Woo hoo! Finally a club I don't feel awkward in. For once, I'm NOT the tallest person! LOLOL

I'm 5'10.75 so yeah, I usually just say 5'11. I am currently 232lbs and wearing anywhere between a 16W-24W. The boobies and the chunky arms have me in a bigger sized shirt. Then the gut has me in bigger pants. Then I need AT LEAST a 36 inseem pants which is totally hard to find! I found a brand that I actually liked at Lane Bryant and they discontinued them. Uuuugh! Those were the only jeans that I had that would actually drag the ground and fit me in my waist and butt. LOL

I started my weight gain with my first child. Then lost quite a bit of it. Then got on that Depo Provera and it totally screwed me up. I gained 10lbs with each shot!!!! Then I finally got down again and ended up drinking tap water and got pregnant (lolol Okay, not really, but that's what I like to blame it on!). My daughter was 7! I was fine with that, then I drank the tap water again and got pregnant again and had another child 18 months after the second. I have yet to bounce back from that last pregnancy (he's 7 now).

So now hubby and I are 40, married for 20 years and tired of looking the way that we do. I could kick myself because all through my teens and twenties I thought I was fat. Oh if I had only known! Anyway, I'm up for the challenge! Count me in! My highest weight was 241 January 2011. My short term goal is to get down to 200lb. Long term is to get down to 155lbs. Ultimate is to be a nice tone and trim 145, but look healthy not too skinny. I still want to have a cute butt! LOLOL
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5'11" from Norway here. Trying to exercise my big butt off, :) Even though Im tall Ive noticed Im beginning to look kind of heavy with kind of chubby legs and it feels like its past the "curvy girl" stage. Its time...
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    sorry it's taken so long to post a weight for the challenge... my weights been all over the place with post vacation, tom, etc. Friday I was around 211.4... so let's start with that :)
  • gabbyj
    gabbyj Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Gabby!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I hope the sun stays out long enough, trying to get in a nice jog and running stairs outside today! It's raining on and off.

You look AHHHmazing in your picture and congratulations on the weight loss!! You are an inspiration to me!

She does!!!! :D
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I look forward to getting back on track tonight when I get home - I have a workout planned after taking a week off. A friend from work was killed on Friday night in an accident and grief took over.

I hope everyone is well.
  • tracyellen67
    tracyellen67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, great idea for us tall ladies! I am 6', and definitely not happy with my weight. Very hard top find plus size AND tall clothes. I just started using the site in the last week or 2.
  • Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    Hello ladies, my name is Alex, I'm 5'10'' and 22 yrs old. I weigh 188 now (started at 191) and I want to get down to 165. Hopefully by the end of July, I will be 180. I've also dealt with "you don't need to lose weight" comments, because when you're tall and overweight, people are less likely to know; even I didn't know I was overweight.

But I'm glad to see other tall women that want to lose weight on here.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    Did a 40 minute kettlebell workout last night then ran 5 miles - I needed it.
  • sdj13
    sdj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi everyone! Haven't decided how much I'm going to use this but love hearing from more tall women.

I'm 23 years old, just about 5'10" and 157 pounds right now. Throughout high school I ranged from 130-140 and then I went to college. Had the time of my life, but that took a toll on my body. Moved back home in September and weighed 176.6 the first night. 30 Day Shred combined with not drinking for a month allowed me to drop 10 pounds real quick! Then I started C25k in October....and then I sprained my ankle at the end of October. Was still able to get back to running and completed my first official 5k in early December. After the holidays I got back on track and was doing Jillians Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism as well as No More Trouble Zones, running, and some elliptical and bike at the gym, as well as my weekly dance classes. Just as I was hitting 4 mile runs and getting really into it I was diagnosed with a stress fracture. So that put me out of commission for a good while. It's been very difficult but I've let my body rest and slowly get back into doing all the things I love to do. Have a 5k coming up this Sunday and will be starting half marathon training July 12, as well as another round of 30 Day Shred. While I was able to keep off the weight during my recovery time, my body doesn't feel as strong and my ultimate goal is around 140-145 pounds.

Coming from an overweight family I hear all the time that I don't need to lose weight and as all of you said, it can be very frustrating! I know my body better than anyone else and I know at what point I feel comfortable. I feel so much better about my body than I did back in September, but I'd like to drop those last extra pounds of fat and tone up! I love sites like this because encouragement really is so important and makes a huge difference in everyone's success.
  • TyAmazon
    TyAmazon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    5'9 here and I love wearing heels. 23lbs down since I started about 4 months ago. Would have been more but cookies are my favorite food. (That sucks, I know).
  • TyAmazon
    TyAmazon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm late but the 7/4 challenge sounds good to me. I need some extra motivation. My highest weight was 286lbs. I am currently 257 with huge legs.
    As far as jeans go I'm a 16T and tops anywhere from a 16-20.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    208.2 today! Can't wait to get out of the 200s!!!!!! I was 206 before vacation... glad to be going back down :)
  • Divabonita88
    Divabonita88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry been MIA!! welcome to the new comers!!
    how's the progress for the July 4th challenge going for you? I'm just coming back from this boot camp class, i almost passed out *yikes* i think it was from not drinking enough H2o today ... Well, i'm just checking in-

oh yeah WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR HEALTHY GUILTY PLEASURES!??? in desperate need of a sweet fix like now (i'm eyeing this sara lee pound cake & butterpecan my mom bought..HELP lol~
  • Divabonita88
    Options
    Did a 40 minute kettlebell workout last night then ran 5 miles - I needed it.

WOOOOOWWWW can we say STAMINA!!! you are definitely a motivation i'm adding u immediately!!
  • Divabonita88
    Options
    WANT TO SEE WHAT DO OTHER WOMEN YOUR HEIGHT & WEIGHT LOOK LIKE??

Kinda creepy/ kinda cool... overall i think its pretty liberating .....you can plug in you goal weight and get a visual of what your body type will possibly look like!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies:

I know that I am too late for the July 4th challenge but wanted to say Hey and if you keep going count me in!

I am 5'9" and working on losing the last 10 pounds or so to get down around 145. I started out at 253. Everyone I know has been lecturing me lately about getting to thin but I'm not happy yet. I have been stuck around 155-158 for the better part of a month and getting very frustrated. I am curently training for RAGBRAI (registers annual great bike ride across Iowa) that is at the end of July-454 miles in a week!

Keep up the good work everyone-it is great to see and helps to keep me motivated!
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! I'm 6'1 and have been for a very long time. Love being tall except for the jean thing and dresses being to short sometimes. I played college basketball so I never had to worry about exercising or eating cause I was burning it all off. So this past fall I get up to almost 190 lbs and have a melt down. The bad part about being tall and especially if you are broad shouldered and athletic instead of small framed is that if you get too big you might look like a scary big girl and that is what I'm avoiding. So I've started eating better and doing bodyrock.tv exercises 6 days a week and I'm down to 180 but much stronger. I would like to get down to 172-175. I love having other girls who know the feeling. Everyone who has heard a"you're tall!" as many times as I have.....:)

I hate when people meet me and exclaim, "wow you're tall!" I'm like, "Really? No one has ever said that!" :grumble:

Biggest peeve! I'm 6'2 & get the 'You're tall!' or even worse 'You're a big lass aren't ya?' on a weekly basis. I feel like saying 'you're observant aren't you?'
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone (:

I recognize some of you from other posts and there are some new faces, too!!!! Again, I just want to say how awesome this is!!!! I have a couple friends who are between 5'8-5'10 but most of my friends are 4'11-5'2. They've never put on so much weight and they still don't believe I have!!! I am really hoping this July 4th Weekend won't be a setback. I bought all healthy snacks yesterday to bring with me (: I am going to do my best!!

Good luck to everyone (((:

Caitlin
  • Tiffani3089
    Tiffani3089 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 6'2" and 190lbs(as of this AM..havnt seen this number in over 2yrs)! Size 14. Biggest I have ever been us in the 240s .... 15lbs to go till goal weight :)..if your someone with similar goals & body type friend me! I think my biggest fear with my weight loss is the loose skin... I have been lathering that nivea q10 lotion on twice a day..before work and before bed.