people can be cruel!

Options
124»

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Atleast you can lose weight, there isn't a cure for UGLY!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    ... and you can't fix stupid either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gxKStPXyn8

Link not safe for work.. ;)
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I know how you feel. People are so blunt sometimes, I think they are being "Catty." Seems like you kept you cool though.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    There's nothing offensive about saying plus size. Now if she had said get to the fatties section that would be different.

You're right. And if the OP had asked where the plus size suits were, that would have been one thing, but she didn't. This woman took it upon herself to judge that the OP was too big for the suits she was looking at. That's where it becomes offensive.
  • tubbstattsyrup
    tubbstattsyrup Posts: 89 Member
    Options
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yes you are right, you are better than that. & who in the hell was she too make a comment like that. I hate people like that. but unlike you I have a problem with saying something back that is just me. & my hubby hates it when I do that, but sometimes people with no heart or brain get on my nerves. but you did the right thing. maybe she needs to go back & take classes on how to mind your own damn buisness.. LOL. i bet you look awesome in anything chica..Keep your head up
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    I wanna shop with you....I spend my days wishing someone would say something like that to me or my Oogy Boogy...Dam I wish. You did well and I support you 100%. People need to be put in check from time to time. Who do they think they are?

To the people who say she may have just been a helpful Henrietta I say BS. If you want proof, place yourself at the entrance to your local mega department store and tell random people as they come in where the plus section is. I guarantee you will not get through 10 people before some sort of response is illicited. Matter of fact, come do it at the Meijer in Cascade, Michigan (5531 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan). I am going in there this evening so I can be one of your experimental subjects.

When you see a person ( that you do not know) with long hair do you make it a point to approach them and let them know where the local barbershop/Cos shop is?

When you see someone driving an SUV do you follow them, pull them over and tell them where they can find economy cars?

When you see someone with a disfigurment do you give them a list of local plastic surgeons?

Fk that. People who do those things and point out where the plus section is are all D-bags!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    That chick should have received a solid "**** punt"

See you next tuesday..

LMAO!
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wanna shop with you....I spend my days wishing someone would say something like that to me or my Oogy Boogy...Dam I wish. You did well and I support you 100%. People need to be put in check from time to time. Who do they think they are?

To the people who say she may have just been a helpful Henrietta I say BS. If you want proof, place yourself at the entrance to your local mega department store and tell random people as they come in where the plus section is. I guarantee you will not get through 10 people before some sort of response is illicited. Matter of fact, come do it at the Meijer in Cascade, Michigan (5531 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan). I am going in there this evening so I can be one of your experimental subjects.

When you see a person ( that you do not know) with long hair do you make it a point to approach them and let them know where the local barbershop/Cos shop is?

When you see someone driving an SUV do you follow them, pull them over and tell them where they can find economy cars?

When you see someone with a disfigurment do you give them a list of local plastic surgeons?

Fk that. People who do those things and point out where the plus section is are all D-bags!

you are so right!
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I was looking at all the womans bathing suits, they were all together no matter the size. Some woman came up to me & says "plus size is on the other side of the store" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Inside I was crying but outside I was furious! I wanted to open my mouth but I know that im better then that. So I bit my tongue, looked at her & said "oh really? thanks! my boobs are huge, plus size is probably best" and I walked away like nothing :bigsmile:

My fiance was laughing his butt off from the comment I made back! :laugh: I didnt let the situation get the best of me, but of course I was upset.

As already stated, take pride in yourself! You are most definitely, 100%, the Better Person! I'm hoping that comment struck a nerve in her as it was completely unrude and perfect!
    I'm so sorry that someone was capable of thinking that comment was even remotely mentionable! Where people get off sometimes, I have no idea.
    But take courage, you proved yourself above and beyond anything she is currently capable of!!

Well Done!