Whats your oupinion on National Don't wear a Bra Day?

Options
123457»

Replies

• lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I already support Breast Cancer Awareness. I don't think I will be going for this tactic though. I am quite a modest person and I am not comfortable going out and about, or even through my own house, without a bra on. It is just uncomfortable. Plus I have a doctor appointment that day and I am NOT about to show up for my appointment with no bra on. I wear a bra to bed for crying out loud and I don't even have big ones!
    For all the people who ask "how do you think people with breast cancer feel?" I imagine they feel the same way people with other cancers feel. Scared, alone and sick. Women are not the only ones who can get breast cancer either, men get it too. However, our society doesn't tell us that, they focus on women and mostly only women.
    I will ask you this question: How do you think a man feels when he gets diagnosed with a disease that our society pegs as a woman's disease? Probably like a laughing stock along with all the things I listed above. Scared, alone and sick.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    the people who are going to go bra-less for breastcancer awareness. When did you last have a mammogram, and i hope youre all up to date with your smear tests etc. The less fun, but more important stuff
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think I'll just run my 10k on Sunday to raise money instead.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    run it bra-less Fredi, otherwise I conclude that you just dont care about people having cancer.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    run it bra-less Fredi, otherwise I conclude that you just dont care about people having cancer.

I can't even walk bra-less. Running - well, they'd probably fall off.