fit for october challenge

Options

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    So far I've been good since getting back from my beach weekend. I've been trying to get in more fruits and veggies, been tracking and getting my workouts in. Tomorrow is weigh in, hope it's good. I will be happy to just not have gained after overdoing it last weekend.

Cdpm, maybe you aren't eating enough. How many calories to you usually eat a day? Are your foods flling enough with protein, fat & fiber?
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    monkeysmum - I think you're onto something. Someone told me about that today and I do have quite strong toothpaste and I never want to eat or drink afterwards. I might try it after dinner today.

Nelski - I was eating 1200 cals, but I think I hit the plateau so I upped it to 1500 and thats when the cravings set in. I think I am also eating too many snacky foods and carbs and not enough protein. I will start to make an active choice to add more protein into my evening meals
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    TGIF first week of school term has left me absolutly shattered i cant wait to just relax this weekend

today is the usual sweep mop everything up of the floor cleaning that makes me feel like i ran a marathon plus fitting in wii jogging i managed an hr yesterday as well general pick up tidy that i never log i also did so well until the mini choccy bars hubby bought called my name and there went my good day today i plan on making sure the kids have one each and hide the rest wher ei dont know where they are i will be good because if i dont i wont see a result on the scales

cdpm let us know how the extra protein and chewing gum/mint helps stop snacking i may have to resort to gum or toothpaste which a hate i cant stand mint so my toothpaste is very mild but i do need to do somthing to stop me eating things i neither need nor want
  • Nelski
    Options
    Friday, yay for the weekend!

I weighed in and I'm down a bit, .6. Not bad considering how much I splurged last weekend. I've been doing my Chalean stuff for a month now so I should be seeing more results. I really need to stop overindulging the weekends and kick up my workouts.

We have a wedding to go to tomorrow, other than that not much exciting going on. I know I need to clean. Fun lol.

Have a good weekend
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO i love saturdays lol

ok so i was sort of good yesterday i did the deep clean my house needed well half the house the upstairs is todays challenge and i managed some jogging on wii food wise i did ok until ttime when i finished the last 3 mini choc bars still i will be positive no way can i eat what i no longer have

today apart from relaxing alittle i will do more wii jogging and get the upstairs of my house to be clean

nelski well done on the loss my scales are permanatly stuck losing and gaining the same 1lb ive rather gone off them.

where is everyone gone mabrywynn, sarahliz24 since mfp decided to make us a part 2 to this thread people seem to have vanished
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    happy sunday not sure how it go here sooo fast that seems somewhat unfair when the weekend takes so long to get here but never mind

its awfully quiet on here lately so i hope your all being good.

today is my 130th day logging in i feel dead proud of miself and i now have 6 weeks exactly before my holiday and im no nearer to my goal :(

okies todays plans involve wii jogging and watching some programmes i have recorded as well as all the usual cleaning and laundry. i hope you have a great day and remember it is an open group so if you know people who want to joing in send them this way i need all the motivation i can get to keep kicking my rear
  • cdpm
    Options
    Sad Sunday - I don't want to go back to work tomorrow :(

Congratz on 130 days Monkeys mum - great achievement.

I haven't been as good as I should have. Last night friends were round and we had a take out. This was a rare occasion and everyone had a good night, I splurged a little, but I did't have any snack safter like everyone else did and I could have eaten. I did have lots of protein for lunch so I think more protein for lunch will stop me snacking. I haven't tried the chewing gum thing yet. But I will grab a pack soon. If it doesn't stop me snacking at least I'll have minty fresh breath!

I did some Kempo X yesterday. First time in a few months. It's easily my favourite P90x workout and my shoulders are killing me today. I will take it easy and if i go to the gym today it will be light exercise!!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    good morning so unfair monday gets here too fast my plus to today im down 1.4lbs a total of 14lbs lost thats a whole stone wooohooo its taken me 4months seems to take forever as my scales never seen to change but im pleased with the prgress.

today my 4yr old is in school mornings and for dinner then as of next week shes full time im not sure im ready for it but i am happy i wont be doing school run 3x a day as its wearing me out well until january when littlest starts nursery and it all begins again

cdpm i wasnt so good last week i craved sweets and chocolates so i ate them it cant have been too bad as i lost weight so the phrase a little of what you fancy does you good must have something in it
  • Nelski
    Options
    Good morning
    I had a good weekend but not really a healthy weekend. Same old story, I ate and drank too much. I thought I was doing ok with just Sat night being my drinking night at a wedding. But, football started yesterday and my husband invited some people over to watch the game and I gave into beer, pizza and wings.

No excuses, just gotta move forward.

I'm thinking about becoming a Beach Body coach. Motivating others may keep me motivated and in line.

Congrats on the loss monkey!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    thanks nelski i wasnt expecting it i ate crap all week

today i feel so shattered monday morning is not a good morning and now i have a bad headache because im tired but i ate good avoided crap mainly because i have none in but i didnt exercise my friend visited first time in a couple months so we gossiped and caught up instead oh well tomorrow is another day and i will be good
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    morning all and happy tuesday

all this wind is getting annoying here everything keeps blowing away :(

todays plans involve a mcdonalds and food shopping nothing exciting apart from clearing space for a second cat to move in i need to just spring it on hubby tho hes only just got used to 1 cat lol
  • cdpm
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    I have a half day at work today, but it's so I can sit my driving theory test this afternoon. Boo! I hate exams, although I've done loads of mock papers, and got full marks, I'll still get the nerves and make a silly mistake i'm sure! Everyone has reassured me that I'll be fine and pass though...

So today when I pass I might have to have a little treat to congratulate myself if I do well. Not sure what to yet, but I might have a look in a few clothes shops and stay away from the food!!

Monkeysmum, I am very jealous that you are getting another cat!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    cdpm please dont be jealous or you will be downright hating me when i get kittens hopefully at end october this cat is sort of a joint ownership with a woman on my street she is usually very slack looking after hers and i end up doing all the feeding etc so im slowly moving the cat into my house as a full time thing if the cat ever decides living inside is better than living outside its really not liking it so far but shes 12yrs old and i worry this weather is bad for her

i hope you pass i passed first time then it expired i failed the 2nd time and passed the 3rd i also took 4years and 7 attempts at the actual driving test thats not counting the one wher ethe car broke before i could even do the test lol
  • cdpm
    Options
    I won't be jealous as long as you let me have one of the kittens :tongue:
    I managed to pass my theory no problem 49/50 and I know exactly what I got wrong. But a pass is a pass! Woo! It was good to have an afternoon off work and browse the shops before to relax.
    No idea about my practical test, but I think it will be a new year experience.

I am now trying to think what I can have as a well done dinner. I don't have anything in the fridge and cooking today seems like too much effort after the mental day at work and the stressful afternoon exam. Any suggestions anyone?
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    happy hump day countdown to the weekend woohooo

CDPM CONGRATULATIONS thats great news i hope you had a good celebration dinner. id love to offer you a kitten but its my daughters who are rescuing them and they are each paying everything they need vet wise and flea, worm etc at 11 and 8 i am so proud they realise the cost of a pet i dont think they will be willing to part with them moving th eother cat in is a bit of a slow process she actually lives in the top corner house well lives outside it and the lady is really nice but somewhat slack pet keeper she agreed i could share ownership of boops yesterday her kids let the cat in there house and kept her inside shes just come to me for food as she wont have been fed since yesterday AM poor thing but i cant resist her shes adorable old lady at 12yrs and a ball of fluff

today im out all day with my friend i just hope i can be good and not spend my day nibbling junk
  • cdpm
    Options
    Sadly I didn't have any money to spend on a good dinner and with my other half working late, I just defrosted some fancy burgers and had them.
    I'll let you off the kitten thing as my boyfriend is allergic to cats. So actually having one is out of the question until they come up with the cure - which they will have to do in my lifetime!

Today has been okay. I thought I would snack more this afternoon, but managed to stay away as I had such a busy afternoon. Very stressful morning too. Sometimes I hate my job! But I am hoping for a good weigh in this week to keep my spirits up!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am the same weight again 139lb argggghhhhhhh.
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    good morning im so glad its all downhill to the weekend from here

cdpm i feel for you cats are so lovely to own great to watch i did read about an owner who had to take allergy shots every week so they could keep theres maybe you could see if your other half might consider that or go for a hairless breed i cant think of there names but they look like a weird giant rat or say to him lik ei say to my hubby if you dont like my cats sleep in the car lol

bjshooter i know how you feel i keep yoyoing between 134lbs and 135lbs its very frustrating
  • cdpm
    Options
    Haha. Nice idea, I might run it past him, but he'll just tell me to get a grip!

I'm feeling the same. Been hovering around the 11stone mark (154lbs) mark for the last month, maybe longer. I just want to be on the other side of that benchmark. I am now looking just to be under that weight by October. It feels like it's never going to happen. Though I have to keep trying else I'll be frustrated with myself for never knowing if I could achieve it. At least with the perseverance, I can say I might not have made it, but I tried my best.
    We are all in this together, all in the same boat. We should call it the S.S. Plateau Destroyer!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    true its driving me crazy i got to this weight before and it stuck i would even be ok with this weight but i really dont want to be thinking oh i cant eat this ill gain it back when i go away i want the 4 days just enjoying ,myself without worrying over my diet i want to look and feel good