fit for october challenge

Options
ok im hoping to drop 20lb by october id be happy with 14 but 20 is better im going away with hubby just the 2 of us and id really like to be able to look smart not dressed in baggy joggers looking like i just got out of bed

so im hoping to lose 1lb a week if i can not going to beat myself up if i dont acheive it but will if i gain anything and im looking for anyone who wants to join in with the motivation and support that we all need from time to time oh and to boot my behind and yell at me when i get lazy and dont exercise or just snack on junk

any takers??

Replies

• DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    You can definitely add me! I (secretly) want to wear a sexy costume for Halloween and am (secretly) hoping to have lost /toned enough to pull one off.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me! I (secretly) want to wear a sexy costume for Halloween and am (secretly) hoping to have lost /toned enough to pull one off.

oh that sounds fab hubby use dto sell ann summer style underwear cheap he bought from abroad and we have some left i would love to surprise him with some on holiday and it actually fit and look right i will def need to tone the baby belly tho or it will not have as good an effect

welcome on board
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i will join because my sister getting wed in october and has mother of the bridesmaid (my baby girl bless) i want to look the best i can
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    welcome aboard

how much are you hoping to lose weekly/monthly or just by october?

and what goals are hoping to acheive?

i am hoping for 1hr exercise a day not counting my cleaning or running around after my kids i did that and still got fat. also hoping for a slow steady 1lb a week loss give or take half a pound but no gains (i can pray for that).
  • KatheryneH13
    Options
    welcome aboard

and what goals are hoping to achieve?

i am hoping for 1hr exercise a day not counting my cleaning or running around after my kids i did that and still got fat. also hoping for a slow steady 1lb a week loss give or take half a pound but no gains (i can pray for that).

Thanks!

My main goal is to lose around 7-10 pounds a month. In every November I go visit my best friend at her school and it's a big deal to us since I don't see her during the year. I know this group is until October but it could be great motivation for me.

I also hope to use my bike everyday since now I only use it three times a week. I want to at least walk everyday to and from class and work instead of taking the bus.
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    welcome aboard

and what goals are hoping to achieve?

Thanks!

My main goal is to lose around 7-10 pounds a month. In every November I go visit my best friend at her school and it's a big deal to us since I don't see her during the year. I know this group is until October but it could be great motivation for me.

I also hope to use my bike everyday since now I only use it three times a week. I want to at least walk everyday to and from class and work instead of taking the bus.

ok no worries for that a daily did you cycle and walk?? and 10lb a month loss is around 3lb a week

i just did 1hr on my wii jogging on sports trampoline mainly for the extra calorie burn but it is also easier for my joints so exercise today check under calories check eating good fail but i guess treat days arent always so bad i hope

i will no doubt be here long term on a maintaining when i reach target or losing some that i gain back after break with hubby so will def be motivating you to keep at it for you school visit. lets see how fab we can do
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    good morning and happy wednesday despite it been dull cloudy and over cast. What plans do you have for today?
    i am going for coffee with a friend usual wednesday habit and a window shop around the shops before taking one of my little ones to nursery and hopefully coming home to do some jogging on the wii.

hope you all have a good day yell at me later if i dont exercise. :)
  • KatheryneH13
    Options
    Good Morning (at least here in NY),

Hope everyone has a good day.

My goal today is to ride my bike half way to class. I can't ride the entire way yet because I get really out of breathe and my thighs start hurting/burning. I figure half way is better than no way! Hopefully by the end of the summer I can ride the entire way.

I'm also doing W2D2 of the Couch To 5K program today. Not excited about it, but I'm still going to push myself and do it.

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred video? I'm thinking about starting it but I'm on the fence. Any advice or opinions???
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    Good Morning (at least here in NY),

Hope everyone has a good day.

My goal today is to ride my bike half way to class. I can't ride the entire way yet because I get really out of breathe and my thighs start hurting/burning. I figure half way is better than no way! Hopefully by the end of the summer I can ride the entire way.

I'm also doing W2D2 of the Couch To 5K program today. Not excited about it, but I'm still going to push myself and do it.

Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred video? I'm thinking about starting it but I'm on the fence. Any advice or opinions???

morning
    i am doing ok so far i walked for maybe 45mins and im going on wii soon to do 1hr jogging i havent eaten great but im still under calories so helathy snacks later for me
    ive seen some good reviews for 30 day shred and couch to 5k i havent tried either mostly as i hate exercise in most forms i love the wii fit plus as the activities never feel like exercise just fun and im hoping to get the zumba workout for wii as well as ive heard some great opinions on zumba my advice go for what you enjoy or you wont stick at it everything is worth a go but if you really dont like it try something else we need to be happy to do things or we wont do it and then we wont lose the weight we want
    its ttime here for me now but i shall be asking tomorrow if you did the cycle half way to class im finding i get my friends to aks me if i exercised if not why not and my being lazy isnt a good answer it kind amakes me more determined to do what i say i will or feel embarrassed at myself that i didnt when there was no good reason boot my butt if you dont see the exercise logged later please
    have a good day
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    morning

katheryne did you cycle yesterday and walk? i managed 1hr jogging on my trampoline

todays plans involve loads laundry and cleaning and food shopping and fitting in hr jogging on trampoline not very exciting but i can watch tv slowly jog and know im burning some calories and it isnt as strenuous on my joints as real jogging.
    i tend to weigh daily but only count mondays weight if mondays weight is same as today ill be very very happy if its less ill be exstatic lol

have a good day everyone
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yesterdays cals were 1235 and was on my feet all day at work and then did 20 mins zumba (work counts as 4.5 hours of walking) and today i done 25 minutes of zumba already and packed up my lunch to take to grandmas, i am having some poached chicken with tomatoes and sugar snap peas, some melba toasts with very low fat cream cheese and some kiwi and strawberries
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    yesterdays cals were 1235 and was on my feet all day at work and then did 20 mins zumba (work counts as 4.5 hours of walking) and today i done 25 minutes of zumba already and packed up my lunch to take to grandmas, i am having some poached chicken with tomatoes and sugar snap peas, some melba toasts with very low fat cream cheese and some kiwi and strawberries
    [/quote

great stuff i just did 1hr on wii jogging legs feel like jelly now lol but at least i know exercise is in for today i also have to food shop unless some really nice mfp buddy wants to do it for me (looks around and hopes) no takers ok ill go that will be about 45mins of walking round supermarket and drooling over chocolates i no longer eat

i may even try some skimmed milk or soy milk im noticing that my usual full fat i have in coffee is making me feel queasy i also need loads fruit veggies and salad stuff
  • SarahLiz24
    SarahLiz24 Posts: 36
    Options
    Is it too late to join you? My plan is to lose 30 pounds by October. I'll be running my second half marathon then and I'd LOVE to see a faster time than my first one (I weigh 20 pounds heavier than when I ran my first one).
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    Is it too late to join you? My plan is to lose 30 pounds by October. I'll be running my second half marathon then and I'd LOVE to see a faster time than my first one (I weigh 20 pounds heavier than when I ran my first one).

never too late to join well aboard

im being naughty im in a rush so grabbed a bag of crisps for lunch before going to take my little one to nursery food shop watch her sports day and clean house i really need to plan better so i have food ready in a hurry and if i get chance with 5 kids ill try and do another 30minutes on wii later

i weigh mondays but stick to whatever day you prefer weekly/fortnightly/monthly and ill keep a note and come october will tell us all how fantastic we have done
  • Christinichka
    Christinichka Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I hope to lose more than 20 by October. My goal right now is 210 by 9/10. All of the encouragement I can get it helpful. I am trying to get to my goal weight of 150lbs by August 1, 2012. So steady is what I am shooting for.
  • timeformajorchange
    Options
    I'd love to join!!! My 34th bday is in October and what a fabulous gift for myself if I can get into shape by then! I'd actually love to lose closer to 30lbs (1.5lbs a week, which is what I have my calorie intake set at), but I'll take whatever I can do!

Are we going for Oct 1st or the end of Oct or just sometime in Oct for our goal?
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    welcome aboard

christini:- i also need alot of encouragement especially when ive been busy with kiddies all day and dont want to exercise or make healthy food im hoping by starting this group i feel more motivated as i intend to be very honest and i hope when ive been having a bad day the other group members can boot mybehind to either get off the couch and exercise or encourage me back to being well behaved and focused the next day in the past ive tended to think oh well todays a fail so ill start again monday even if its only been tuesday i really want to avoid that habit this time around

timeforchange:- i have no idea on a set date in october i know ill be going away just me and hubby around the middle and im hoping to be goal weight by then but i also know ill be back on when i get home and probably while away too if i can get internet and then of course theres the needing to stick around for either maintaining or losing the rest or what i gained

i think anytime in october thats best for us will be good and then whatever we have left to acheive can become a fit for xmas/new year challenge if thats ok with everyone else?
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to join! My hubby's 35th bday is October and I'd like to look more like the woman he married and surprise him in the dress he bought me a few years ago! Hope it's not too late to join in!
  • monkeysmum
    Options
    I'd LOVE to join! My hubby's 35th bday is October and I'd like to look more like the woman he married and surprise him in the dress he bought me a few years ago! Hope it's not too late to join in!

never too late to join welcome

just let me know how much you want to have lost by october and ill try my best to keep track and then when we get there post our accomplishments or even any goals you want to hit exercise wise eg increasing amount you can run for, finsishing 30day shred or couch to 5k, getting into a size less in clothes anything that is your goal