Bullies on MFP

Replies

• arcticlynx1
    arcticlynx1 Posts: 33 Member
    Maybe a few of them are the equivalent of "drunk dialers". People sometimes say and do bad things when they get drunk, even online. Still, ignore them either way.

Hang in there.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    I think some people just have a need to feel important and the only way they are capable of doing so is by tearing someone down. That's how pathetic of a life these people live. People give you hell? I'll have your back DA!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    This has happened to me countless times and like you DA I've been able to push it aside. However, the other day someone really got under my skin...... Why did that happen? Well because I was already having one of the worse days ever and this person's attack just added fuel to the fire.

You just never know what kind of day another person is having or what is going on in their heads.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    OMG, thats awful!!! So sorry u had to deal with that! Someone who hides behind a fake profile is the epitome of coward!
  • sorry that this has happened to you
    I'm just new to this site
    and have only gotten nice word
    that's too bad-
    people that are like that
    try to make themselves feel better by
    putting others down
    keep your head up :)
    add me as a friend if you like
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Keep your head up DA... you know that person was full of ****, you are one of the most sincere and true people I know!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    This happens on a lot of sites. Hopefully Mike can trace the IP address to the real culprit if they are in fact on the site. Antics like these are beyond juvenile and normally I would say ignore them because why give them the attention that they are seeking. But your words are on point.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    People are jerks....and unfortunatly there are way too many of them. You are now the 5th person I know to be attacked. Seeing as how there are 3 people on this thread alone that have changed their user name in the past few days it is disheartening to see this happen. I've been attacked before (and probably by the same person) and I just let it roll off my back. I don't know this person...they are just a face on the computer. The few people I do talk to through FB or on the phone are people I would trust with my life. We all know there are some great people on this site....it sucks that there are some people that just want to make others feel miserable because they have no life of their own and it's how they make themselves feel better.

You know I have your back....always will Babe! *MUAH*
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Thanks for all the kind words. I'm fine, really!! I just don't know how I would feel if I didn't have the great friends I have on here and got something like this.

Just want the bullies out there to know that we aren't going to put up with them! :drinker:
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    DA, I'm sorry baby, that people can be so very mean. Bullies don't realize that they have the power to be either someone's savior, or that last straw that pushes them over the edge to suicide! If they knew that they had that power, I would hope that they would do the right thing and save a life, not take one. By all rights, they mights well pull the trigger, of just push people off bridges when they are teetering on the edge!! Your stronger than than your think, and you have lots of us in your corner and we share many friends also that as anyone knows I stand up for!! Love you sweetie!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    What a horrible thing to do to somebody, whether you know them or not. People don't realize exactly how much they hurt someone with there hateful, nasty comments. I don't see why anyone whould do such a thing, it is just pure envy or jealousy. Nasty Heffers!
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    This is a nother example of people picking on the strong and beauttiful of mfp you know we have yourback angel:)
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    O my gosh I'm so sorry you had to deal with that--I will never understand the act of bullying- I will never understand how someone can get their kicks from destroying another person :frown:

It's so nice to see all these people who DO support you though!
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    Sorry you were attacked by this useless, microscopic to the world, coward.
    I knew this guy who insulted people all the time because of peer pressure, if you said an insult to him, he would be quiet and be sad. That shows that a lot of bullies are made because they are pressured to do so. The best thing is just to ignore the bully all together. Good luck!

"Only the best are bullied"
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    DA you are the most beautiful person, inside and out, that I have ever met! I love you and I'm glad that you are not letting mean people affect who you are.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    It's the internet. And sadly:

i-see-stupid-people.jpg

The only thing to do is smile sweetly and go on your merry way, content in the knowledge that you are the height of awesomeness. There will always be people who want to cut down the poppy if it gets too tall because its obvious beauty is a painful reminder of their own inadequacies. Bullies are to be pitied.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    I'm sorry this happened to you DA! You are an amazing person. Don't let this get to you and remember we are here for you!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Sorry to hear you had that happen.

I haven't received any nasty PM's here on MFP but I spent 7 months on sick leave once due to bullying in work.

Bullies are nasty little people who need to feel better about themselves by attacking others.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    They just jelly.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    Bump

Awesome Poem. Sorry for you experience.