Bullies on MFP

Replies

• Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    I have had my moment with bullies here. I assume because the current trend is that it is okay to put big people on blast. But most of us here are grown and have endured a lot of crap prior to MFP. So we are well aware how to shield from that type of abuse. Keep your head high and keep doing your thing.

Peace
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    AMEN!!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    I am sorry for you. I would consider the source: anonymous person whose opinion you probably don't value. Hang in there!
  • love you tons DA!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Wait. Does this mean I can't send you pervy private messages anymore?
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    I don't know what that loser said to you, but most likely he or she was probably describing themselves! Have a great day and smile, because you are already better than that person will ever be!
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    So sorry that happened to you! That's awful! I love what you wrote, though! Very insightful.
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    There are dumb people everywhere... They try to make up for their stupidity by lashing out on others to make themselves feel better. Just ignore the @$$ clowns and move on, there are plenty on here to support you!!! Keep your chin up, we have your back!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    To quote my friend NotAllWhoWanderAreLost:

People who discourage your dreams are those who have likely given up on their own.

Bullies suck

My friends Rule

love you guys!:heart:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    People suck sometimes. I've also had some very hateful PMs in the past, and it really makes me wonder; who ARE these people? Why can't they just get a life? Why do they feel the need to bring others down all the time? Why can't they live their own life and stop trying to dictate to others? You know what the problem is... Small wieners. Or, if it's a female, too many donuts and not enough dedication to achieve the amazing things that you have done. Or possibly small, undescended wieners, too. I don't know why anyone would attack you... You are a beautiful caring person who goes out of your way to help others. I agree with everyone who has said let them go screw themselves.

I like the wieners theroy:laugh:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Ugh...Bullying is something I fear may never go away, but your attitude and willingness to spread the word that it's not OK helps many people. Thanks for this post, although I'm sorry for the circumstances! :flowerforyou:
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Wow its really the kinds of people that hate themselves and they want to bring others down as well. You are obviously a confident, beautiful woman and I am proud of you to not get upset. WTG, don't worry about them they will be sitting alone in their misery all the time, just remember you are the better person.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    hugs.
    Don't be upset , idiots are everywhere. That woman has some serious issues!

Hugs for you:flowerforyou:
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Oh wow...I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's precisely this type of meanness that makes me go MFP dark even though I have not (yet) fallen victim personally, just via friends. Thank you for saying something.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    C & Ped from another thread with a similar topic. I do have to say that people who exhibit this level of rage towards a complete stranger really worry me...

Seriously, I think there are some people on this site who have never felt beautiful in their entire lives. They see women on this site who have either achieved their goals or are very close to it, and it reminds them of how far they have to go.

On the other side, we have a group of pretty, gregarious people who are starting to feel good about themselves, some of them for the first time, and they are just enjoying that.

Unfortunately, the first group feels somehow hurt or threatened by this - that's the only way I can explain the vitriolic behavior - you don't lash out at someone unless you feel wronged by them in some way. Being able to respond with a keyboard might make them a bit braver about the way they phrase their objections, too.

The difference is that one group isn't deliberately trying to hurt the other and one group is.

Unfortunately, both groups have the right to behave the way they are. People are entitled to be themselves. In a fair and just world, everyone would understand each other and temper their reactions with kindness, but that isn't the world in which we live.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, I mean, I am a person who adjusts my gait to avoid stepping on ants and have been known to move worms from concrete to grass so they won't dry out, but sadly, there are consequences for everything we do, even when we are only being ourselves.

I don't see this changing. What can change, however, is people on both sides deciding to make an effort to understand and not allow hurt feelings to affect them.

I will now return to my usual comic relief persona.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Awesome post! Well said!

Its so unfortunate that its happening here and to such great people. I can only think it comes from a very miserable place.

Karma's a *****!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    That is absolutely DEPLORABLE...I am so sorry that happened to you :( (((hugs))) But your poem was great and so very true! :flowerforyou:
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Why do people do these things ,it gets them nowhere ,I dont know how they can sleep at nights :flowerforyou:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Hit the nail on the head with the fact that they are cowards. It is truly amazing how "big" people are over the interwebz. :explode: :mad:
  • marydee72
    marydee72 Posts: 51
    I have to say, I don't get it.
    I don't understand WHY someone would do that...I mean, I get that they are bullies, cowards, etc etc, but seriously....Is there no other way to spend their time then to send hate over the internet?

This site has been my safe haven and the support here has been remarkable.
    I am really sorry to hear that this happened to you.

:frown: