Brands you will not purchase because of the commercial?

NobodyKnows
NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
Does anyone else avoid buying a specific brand because of their commercial? Perhaps you don't like the celebrity in it, or it is just annoyingly bad?

I just saw the one that sparked this topic is Nikkon. I can not stand Ashton Kutcher. They will not get my business when I buy a new camera.

Replies

• sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Old Navy! OMG I hate those commercials sooooo much.

Nikkon! I can't stand him either!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I've seen some commercials that were just so stupid that I would not buy the product because of the stupidity of the commercial. Can't think of which ones right at the moment but I know what you mean.
  • I know what you mean! For me, it's Cox. I hate that they insult all the other companies in their commercials... that's so rude. Makes me not want to be their customer because I don't want to support that.

Edit: oh yeah, and Old Navy too. Their mannequins are obnoxious. I don't even like going in that store because of them.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    I will probably still eat Arby's now and then, but I cannot stand "It's good mood foooood".... AH!
  • starboardzor
    starboardzor Posts: 312
    I'd never buy Toyota anyway, but those toyota commercials with the snotty little blonde kid who makes other kids feel bad for having sensible parents who don't buy cars out of their means, or maybe can't afford to buy cars out of their means? I hate that kid and I hate the message that commercial sends.

Even though they aren't selling anything, i don't appreciate those asthma commercials with the fish they're suffocating. That's a real fish they use. No they aren't killing it and they claim they were humane, but I think it's as humane as placing a plastic bag over an air breathing animal for the sake of making a commercial. Both are wrong.
  • I will probably still eat Arby's now and then, but I cannot stand "It's good mood foooood".... AH!

NOOOO NOW IT'S IN MY HEAD! haha
  • starboardzor
    I will probably still eat Arby's now and then, but I cannot stand "It's good mood foooood".... AH!

NOOOO NOW IT'S IN MY HEAD! haha

THAT gets in my head, the five dollar footlong song gets in my head, and those Living Social commericals get in my head too. I hate them all =(
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Steak & Shake with that stupid hat that talks. Grrrr
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    I'd never buy Toyota anyway, but those toyota commercials with the snotty little blonde kid who makes other kids feel bad for having sensible parents who don't buy cars out of their means, or maybe can't afford to buy cars out of their means? I hate that kid and I hate the message that commercial sends.

I hate that kid almost as much as the one from 2 1/2 men - which I refuse to watch due to that kid!
  • starboardzor
    You guys realize that by us listing all these commercials we can't stand, we are providing free advertisement for the companies and thus accomplishing their goals. We are brainwashed =)
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 241 Member
    I will never get progressive insurance. That flo chick is ANNOYING!

"unicorns and glitter"
  • Glade commercials. specifically the woman in them.

Pediasure, with the obnoxious picky children.

And any stereotypical commercial... for example, the bumbling idiot of a husband who is always spilling things on his clothes while the woman just rolls her eyes and shakes her head and cleans up after him with whatever product they are advertising. annoying.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Must agree with the Old Navy suggestion as well as "Flo" from Progressive. I gotta say though, one of my all time favorite commercials is the Geico Drill Sergeant. Every once in a while I watch it again on U-Tube.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Remember when Quizno's had those annoying scary looking singing hamster things????

I mean Quizno's wasn't ever really that good to begin with but after those it's not even an option.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Remember when Quizno's had those annoying scary looking singing hamster things????

I mean Quizno's wasn't ever really that good to begin with but after those it's not even an option.

HAHA! Made me laugh because when I saw those I thought, "What genius in marketing decided a rodent is an appetizing spokesperson for fast food?"
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    I have a big issue with the Toyota commercials where the kid in the car is basically like "If your parent's can't afford a new car, then you aren't cool". I don't like the fact that they are asking kids to be materialistic. Listen, my parents drove all kinds of embarassing cars, but they got us from A to B, they weren't made of money and kids should understand that...UGGH HATE THOSE COMMERCIALS!
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member

Just read up and saw this, glad it wasn't just me...
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Have to agree with the Ashton commercials....I'm a Canon camera girl :)

I'm also getting a little sick of Flo from Progressive!
  • And any stereotypical commercial... for example, the bumbling idiot of a husband who is always spilling things on his clothes while the woman just rolls her eyes and shakes her head and cleans up after him with whatever product they are advertising. annoying.

oh yeah, i hate the husband-bashing commercials. honestly, why do some companies think sexism sells?
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead.
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead.
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead...... :)