Brands you will not purchase because of the commercial?

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead.
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead.
    Head On, apply directly to the forehead...... :)

OH MAN THAT"S A GREAT ONE! AGH! I'd rather suffer for days with a headache than see that commerical ever again! That's up there with Chia pet commercials during the holiday season!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Pine-sol. That lady just gets under my skin so bad!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Must agree with the Old Navy suggestion as well as "Flo" from Progressive. I gotta say though, one of my all time favorite commercials is the Geico Drill Sergeant. Every once in a while I watch it again on U-Tube.

I love that commercial! That is so funny! :laugh: :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'd never buy Toyota anyway, but those toyota commercials with the snotty little blonde kid who makes other kids feel bad for having sensible parents who don't buy cars out of their means, or maybe can't afford to buy cars out of their means? I hate that kid and I hate the message that commercial sends.

THIS!

That kid deserves to get dropped off at school in my Mom's old red 1974 AMC Pacer.... the Tomatomobile!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Nope.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Some commercials just really gross me out and i dont even want to buy the product.

Sonic for instance has a commercial right now advertising a oreo ice cream shake thing and a big glob of ice cream makes out with a big pile of oreos. It is absolutely creepy and disgusting and i dont think i can have oreo ice cream anymore.

The commercial for carmel milky ways is nasty too where all the guys are swimming in the pool of carmel. That is just yucky too!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Oh! My husband being in the Army I cannot stand any product that tries to use that situation to sell things! Like the Jewelry commercials where they show a couple skyping and she got some diamonds from him - I hate that crap!

People who's S.O. is gone don't need to be reminded every 15 minutes while watching their favorite shows. argh
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Oh! My husband being in the Army I cannot stand any product that tries to use that situation to sell things! Like the Jewelry commercials where they show a couple skyping and she got some diamonds from him - I hate that crap!

People who's S.O. is gone don't need to be reminded every 15 minutes while watching their favorite shows. argh

I agree. I hate the one where the son is the wingman.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member

Sonic for instance has a commercial right now advertising a oreo ice cream shake thing and a big glob of ice cream makes out with a big pile of oreos. It is absolutely creepy and disgusting and i dont think i can have oreo ice cream anymore.

Yes! That is so awkward!

And I hate, hate, hate the snobby blond kid car commercials too!!!

And, one of my least favorite ever, the car commercials (hyundai?) with the hamsters driving toasters...what the what?!?! That doesn't even remotely make sense. And the song (which is a hip hop classic about not making bad choices in life, ie don't do drugs and drop out of school) is remixed to sound incredibly annoying!!
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    I know; how gross is that commercial?!?!

I mean Im sure that it tastes delicious but that oreo lady freaks me the hell out.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    I hate the jewelry commercial where the couple is looking out a window, there's a loud clap of thunder and the woman jumps into the man's arms all dramatic-like. Then he says " It's okay, I'm here... I'll ALWAYS be here". Then, he pulls out of a diamon ring. SO. DAMN. CHEESY. I cannot stand that one!!!!!

That being said, I like some commercials that others hate. I like the Geico cavemen... I always laugh at them. And the axe commercial about cleaning your balls.... too funny.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    The Dairy Queen commercials...that guy is an idiot...the lips weren't much better...But I have to say I love the Molson Canadian Commercial for the red leaf campaign. The song in the background is weighty ghost by wintersleep, and it's an awesome idea to plant 1000 trees!

And did you know since the Old Spice commercial with the ripped guy on a white horse telling you to smell your man came out, the stocks and sales have sky rocketed...that's the best marketing campaign that Old Spice has EVER had...makes you wonder eh?
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    I hate the Arbys commercial too!!!!!!!!! It's horrific!!!!
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Local car sales commercials!!! :mad: I can't stand the constant screaming voice of the obnoxious local salesmen who is almost always dishonest in everything they are saying in the advertisment. I can't even handle it on the radio. I'll RUN into any room with a radio or TV making that awful sound to shut it down immediately. Give me the soothing sound of nails on a chalkboard instead...
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member

Yes! That is so awkward!

And I hate, hate, hate the snobby blond kid car commercials too!!!

And, one of my least favorite ever, the car commercials (hyundai?) with the hamsters driving toasters...what the what?!?! That doesn't even remotely make sense. And the song (which is a hip hop classic about not making bad choices in life, ie don't do drugs and drop out of school) is remixed to sound incredibly annoying!!

If that commercial comes on and my son catches even a second of it he sings that song ALL DAY. "You could get with this, or you could get with that..." Lord it's awful.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,223 Member
    Must agree with the Old Navy suggestion as well as "Flo" from Progressive. I gotta say though, one of my all time favorite commercials is the Geico Drill Sergeant. Every once in a while I watch it again on U-Tube.

I love, love, LOVE the Geico Drill Sgt commerical....lol
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    This thread just reminded me that I love not having a TV!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    yes to a lot of these!!
    Also Dominos pizza. I cant eat it now anyways but even if I could I wouldnt. Telling you about how real life customers complained and how bad their pizza used to be. Um.... yeah. pass!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    I saw an AXE commercial - "cool" something... when the guy walked in the room, the camera focused in on the girl's nipples growing hard. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with hard nipples, but I thought that was pushing it more than a little too far for a commercial.
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Remember when Quizno's had those annoying scary looking singing hamster things????

I mean Quizno's wasn't ever really that good to begin with but after those it's not even an option.

OMG! Amen! That was what I was going to say too! I actually sent the Company an e-mail asking why on EARTH any food franchise would use something that looks like road kill to advertise their food? Who does their marketing? I mean REALLY!! I've never eaten there and now I can't even bring myself to cross the doorway ... I always think "What exactly would be in that sandwich anyway ..."

Oh, they sent me coupons in response to my 'inquiry'. They went straight into the trash!