Skinny Christmas Challenge

Options
Hey Everyone!

So I was thinking about how I'm going to see my family on Christmas & how great it would feel to be half the person I was last christmas. I think starting a challenge from now until Christmas would be an amazing way to keep motivated. I'm sure a lot of you are going to be seeing family that you don't see all the time & want to look good. Plus I think it would be pretty fabulous to be talking about our weight loss while everyone else is talking about going on a diet for new years (:

So here's how it'll work... Post your name, starting weight, goal weight by Christmas, (somewhere around 40lbs, but you can choose whatever you want) & a little bit about yourself. Weigh-in's will be on Sunday, but you can weight yourself whatever day you want, just make sure you post on sundays. Final Weigh in will be the Sunday before Christmas weekend, December 18th!

We'll have weekly weigh-in's & weekley challenges, one challege that will be set individually & one that will be for all the members of the group.

For example maybe the group challenge will be 200 squats over the course of the week & then my personal goal can be drinking at least 10 glasses of water, since that's something I'm really working on!

The person with the biggest weight loss during our weekly weigh-in can pick the challege for the group that week.

Feel free to friend me or message me! I'm excited about doing a challenge & I hope a lot of others join.

Replies

• kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome - I want in! =)

I have not weighed in recently, to tell the truth. I will post a weigh in on Sunday morning though. =)

Starting weight: 25_???
    Goal weight by Christmas: 210
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Ithink this is a good idea. I am terribly forgetful on keeping up on these challenges though : /
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    This sounds fantastic...count me IN!!
    Name: Jackie
    Starting weight (current weight) 205
    Christmas Goal Weight: 140
    My Birthday is Dec 22 and I want so badly to reach 140 by then.
  • nads2184
    nads2184 Posts: 124
    Options
    oh sounds great, im in. x
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm all in!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'll join!
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. My internet at home sucks so I can either enter my weight mondays or fridays. I always weigh on fridays.

name: Sarah
    starting weight: 184
    goal weight by Christmas:160

This will be fun. I love mini daily/weekly challenges.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!

Name: JustJenn419
    SW: 195.4
    GW: 170 by Christmas, loss of 25 pounds. I'm hoping for more but realistic goals always work better for me :)

Something about myself: I am 33 years old and a born and raised Jersey Girl :-) Not like the ones you see on TV on the Jersey Shore but the REAL kind, hehe. I am a single mother of a B-E-A-U-TIFUL little girl who is turning 3 a week from today (6/23). She is my life, my everything. I am going for my educational interpreters certification next month and there's nothing I'd love more than to do what I love while loving what I do. I started my weight loss journey in March of this year after a brief stay in the hospital with a collapsed lung and chest pain, being discharged, and then finding myself in a depression that led to a 10lbs weight gain in about 7 weeks. I was the same weight I had been when I was 9 months pregnant and I hated myself. So I stopped the vicious cycle and got off my @$$.

I started running for the first time in my life. I am a life-long asthmatic with back and knee problems and that was always my excuse. I decided at 33 that I was done with my excuses and I ran my first 5k this past Sunday over the George Washington Bridge in NYC. It was absolutely incredible and I don't want to ever look back at the person I was.

I am super excited about this challenge. My losses have been slow but steady as I REFUSE to diet. I am just eating less and moving more. What a concept!!! LOL
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am in....my goal for this year was to lose 35lbs. I have lost 13 lbs so far but I haven't really done my part either. My ultimate goal is 39 lbs by Christmas for a total of over 50 lbs for the year.

CW 214lbs
    Goal weight is 175 lbs by Christmas or 12/18/11
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! :happy:

Name: Rachael
    Starting Weight: 201 pds
    Christmas Goal Weight: 145 pds

About me: I am 27 years old. I live in the San Francisco bay area. My birthday is Oct 25th, Scorpio! My gift to myself was going to be a nice, healthier, sexy body! I'm well on my way! I hope by Christmas to impress my family and help them start their journey on a healthier lifestyle. :flowerforyou:
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Name: Lucy
    CW: 200
    GW: 154 (puts me at a healthy BMI)
    Something about myself: I love baking, its my downfall , why can't cakes be calorie free???
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    ahh yay! i'm so excited all of you are here!!

smitchell37 it's fine for you to weigh in on friday!

& JustJenna419 amazing job! I've made very similar excuses for not running & finally got to it & I love love love it, can't believe I took so long to get into it!

i forgot to post my info =/ oops haha

SW: 210.2
    GW dec: 175
    Fun Fact: I also love to bake & cook, I'm working on making all my treats sugar free & finding ways to switch out high cal items for low cal... I'm sure I'll be sharing recipes as I find or create them with all of you (:
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    CW 259
    GW for Christmas:210

I might be being ambitious - but I want to be in ONEderland by early 2012 :)

A little scoop on me:
    Im a 26 year old powerhouse from Canda. Ive been overweight my whole life - except for a few years where I UNhealthiely lost 60lbs. Due to medications and poor life circumstances I landed myself over 300lbs. Im slowly (and properly) losing it now. I want kids - and my weight is standing in the way of that.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm in! Will post my CW on sunday, I WI on Saturday so I'm not sure what my current weight is right now.

CW 19?
    GW 145 ish

About mw: Hmm not much to say ;) I live in Northern Alberta and Im a 42 year SAHM of 2 kids, my DD is13 and my DS is 4. My husband and I will be celebrating our 14th anniversary this August. I love to cook and bake and enjoy trying out new recipes.
  • ScratchMj
    ScratchMj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I have been wanting to join a challenge but I ALWAYS seem to find them to late :P Well today is the day I get to join....if you will have me...haha! and even my goal says to 150 by Christmas so this is absolutly perfect! :D

So I am in!

CW: 190
    GW: 150

Thanks and I will be adding you!
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ok i'm in too.

Name : Louise or Lou for short
    starting weight :182.4
    goal : 140.00

about me : i'm 31 and live in the uk, i am married with 2 boys 10 and 5. i work full time in our local shopping center.

i'm hopping this will get me back being focused again as i seem to be lagging abit.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    It is funny that you mention that because that was my goal all along was to get able to lose the weight by Christmas!
  • deechan23
    deechan23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm always too late for challenges and this one was what I was striving for personally too. I've been on poor diets with medications and starving myself in the past and looking back now, I can see it only made things worse. I'm ready to do this properly and be completely satisfied that I did it on my own.

Sw: 170 June 2
    Cw: 165 June 13
    Gw: 125 my Christmas gift to myself
    Dw: 100 maybe a new bikini next year

I'm 5'0 and would love to build some muscles and tone once I get to 100-105 range.

I am engaged and would love to start planning a wedding when I get down to my dream weight, but I'm willing to work on it slowly because one day it'll all come off!