Skinny Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do it.

Current weight: 197 (down 60 lbs since January!)

Goal weight: 150

About me: working mom with three kids and a husband - kids are 7, 12, and 16. Working towards my black belt in karate in 2012.
  • deechan23
    deechan23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hope more people join! Oh an feel free to add me do we can keep our eating and exercising habits in check!
  • boht
    boht Posts: 1
    Options
    This is a great idea, and it will help to have the motivation from others with a similar goal!! We are having a family reunion at Christmas this year, and I would like to weigh a lot less than I do now.

I have struggled with my weight for many years. The Fitness Pal seems to be working for me because it keeps me on track.

Current Weight: 172
    Goal Weight 150

About Me: Married for 30 years, 2 grown kids - 27 and 29, work during the day, play the piano.

7703010.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Guess I should introduce myself - I'm Trent, from Colorado. 27 years old, an accountant by day, runner & experimental cook by night. :laugh: I will be running my 1st half marathon on October 9th. I love cooking - trying new recipes and finding healthy ways to make things. I try to eat mostly clean, though I do like my definitely-not-clean no-sugar-added hot cocoa every day. :bigsmile:

I've lost about 40 lbs since last summer (from 210ish to 170ish), and am hoping to eventually get down to somewhere between 125 and 135. (Yes, that's low for a guy, but I'm only 5' 3.5" and that puts me toward the middle of my healthy BMI range.)

Current weight per MFP is 171.6, though I'll weigh in on Sunday for an "official" starting weight for this challenge.
    Goal weight at Christmas is 135-140.
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm in,
    I've already lost 21 since joining MFP, but I want to be skinnier by Christmas
    SW: 165
    GW by Christmas:140

My name is Alexandra from Philadelphia, PA, mother of 11 yrs old boy and 2 yrs. baby girl,
    I tend to forget about challenges, so please remind me, I weigh myself every single day :)
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm 29 years old from a very cold South Africa at the moment! I'd like to drop 60 lbs by my birthday which is in early January so hopefully this challenge will help keep me on target.
  • mandarinpeel
    mandarinpeel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to do this!

Starting weight: 197
    Christmas goal: 160

Mini bio: my name is Amanda and I'm 26 years old from Iowa. I'm trying to get healthy for myself and to help my husband and I have a baby. I just started the couch to 5k just slowly get into running/jogging. I just hope can stick with this
  • meganhmb
    meganhmb Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi! I'm super excited, I've been looking for a good challenge and Christmas is when I hope to reach my goal :)

I'm Megan, 31 years old. I live in the Bay Area and am a single mom to an almost 3 year old daughter! I want to get fit and healthy for her, and for myself.

Current weight: 193
    Christmas Goal: 155
  • helloimangela
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to NOT have LOSING WEIGHT as a New Year's Resolution for 2012. :)

SW: 171 (6/3/11)
    CW: 165 (last time I checked was on 6/11/11)
    GW: 125 (by Christmas)
  • corinemh
    corinemh Posts: 22
    Options
    I am so IN!!!
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW: 204lbs
    GW: 160lbs

I know i can and will do this!!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I'll do it! I'm kinda forgetfull but Im gonna program this into my phone and Im making it a top priority!!

SW: 262lbs
    Christmas Goal: 200lbs
    GW:175lbs

So I know that I a huge goal and I dont expect it to be done by christmas but I am gonna try my damnest!! Finding this place is the best thing that has happened in a very long time!!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is exactly what I need!!!

SW 185
    GW 145

40lbs to lose

I'm a new mom, works full time and am ready to be small again. I gained so much over the years and am ready to take it off!!!
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah my current weight is 204.5 although I will weigh in on Sunday to give a proper weight. I live in Canada and am a 32 year old mother or a wonderful terrific daughter, I also have the best and most supportive fiance any girl could want.

HW: in Jan when I started using kinect 235lbs I'm only 5'4

CW: 204lbs

G.W. by Christmas: 170lb

F.G.W. :125-140lb

I've never had a bikini and would love to be able to wear one by this time next year
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Name: Karen
    CW: 148
    Goal weight for Christmas: 115

I am a single SAHM currently looking for employment. I have 4 children ages 7-16. I joined MFP in March when my husband left me. I realized I needed to make a change for me. I have lost 44 lbs here and know I will lose more. I am happy to join a long challenge because I am here for the long haul.
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yayy!! I'm so excited there's so many people interested in this challenge!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

we won't have a weekly challege this week since there's only a few days before weigh-in, but biggest loser this week gets to make next weeks challenge!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    yayy!! I'm so excited there's so many people interested in this challenge!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

we won't have a weekly challege this week since there's only a few days before weigh-in, but biggest loser this week gets to make next weeks challenge!

So we're starting now? I figured it would officially start next Sunday?
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I feel like a lot of challeges lose their steam if they aren't starting right away...so we'll have the weigh-in & start the weekly challenges as of sunday
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I will love to join this challenge! I've never done a long term challenge. This one is prefect! My 12th wedding anniversary is on 12/18 and if I make my goal I will be thinner than my husband has ever seen me!

My name is Marianne
    SW: 227.8
    GW for Christmas: 197.8

A little about me... I was born and raised in NJ! No I don't have big hair, or long fake nail! I live in Florida now. I'm a mother to 2 children. ^ year old daughter and 8.5 month old son. Yes he was unexpected, but not unwanted!

My untimate goal is to be atmy goal weight of 160 by the time I turn 40! August 14th, 2012!

Add me as a friend if you want!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am totally in!! Been wanting a group to get involved in (always late).. My name is Jen, I live in Oregon, have 2 sons, and 2 grandchildren. They are alot of my personal motivation. Cant wait to get to know all of you on a more personal level please add me and mention this group(unless there is a special way to monitor groups).
    CW 265
    GW by Christmas 205.. Lofty goal but its 10 lbs a month which I think isnt unmanageable. So feel free to push me hard..LOL