Skinny Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• wannabahotmom
    Options
    I"M IN!!!!! I LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!

My name is Andrea. My starting weight is 194 and my Christmas goal weight is 148 so I have 46 pounds to lose! I originally was going to try to be here by March 2012, one year from the birth of my son, but that goal was set before I started using MFP. I get such motivation and support on here I think I can really get it done by Christmas!

A little about me... I'm 29 years old, married to a wonderful man and we have two beautiful children. My husband is military so we move every few years but at the moment we are living on Martha's Vineyard off the coast of Massachussetts. Being that we are on a small island there isn't much work for my field of work, marine biology, so I am lucky enough to be staying at home raising our children. My children are my world and I really want to be a healthier weight so I can set a good example for them. Being that I am a stay at home mom and my husband is not around all that often my kids usually are a part of my work outs. Most of my calories are burned pushing my 100+ pound double stroller on long walks at a fast pace. My HRM is a huge motivator for me, like a personal trainer nagging me to do more, so it keeps me working harder longer!

Good luck to all who join the challenge! I look forward to hearing all about the new bodies and mind sets we all work our way into this year :)
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!

Bethany
    SW: 217
    GW: 180
  • wannabahotmom
    Options
    I'm so in! :happy:

Name: Rachael
    Starting Weight: 201 pds
    Christmas Goal Weight: 145 pds

About me: I am 27 years old. I live in the San Francisco bay area. My birthday is Oct 25th, Scorpio! My gift to myself was going to be a nice, healthier, sexy body! I'm well on my way! I hope by Christmas to impress my family and help them start their journey on a healthier lifestyle. :flowerforyou:

Hi Rachel, I just thought it was ironic that we are so alike. We have almost the same starting weight (194), almost the same goal weight (148), almost the same birthday (Oct 31) and are close in age (30). Good luck on your journey!
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i'm loving all the jersey girls! I thought i was the only one.
  • frankerzzzfit
    frankerzzzfit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh my I love this challenge already! I am in!!!

Name: Frankie
    SW: 218
    GW for christmas: 180 (this is gonna be tough!)
    I'm from Hawaii and I love to paddle!

Lets do this!!
  • bbahmer377
    bbahmer377 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am DEFINITELY in! :) I have been looking and looking for a long term challenge but I'm always too late for them!

About me: I'm turning 20 in November and I'll be a sophomore in college. I'm a Pre Physical Therapy Biology Major who hopes to graduate with Chemistry and Psychology minors. (fingers crossed xx) My school is adding a Lacrosse team this Fall and were recruiting girls, so I signed up. I have never ever in my life watched or played Lacrosse, but that's also 95% of the girls who are going to be playing on the team. This makes me excited but still veryyyyy nervous. I wanted to shape up for the season, so I joined the local gym over the summer and have been on MFP for 4 weeks straight today actually :) So far I have lost a little under 13lbs. I'm 5' 9'' so all I really wanted to do was reach 169 at which I would have a health BMI But, now I'm only 10lbs away from that goal! I'm super excited for this challenge and anyone feel free to friend me!

Goals:

CW = 175.6

If I lose 1lb per week my Christmas goal weight is to lose around 25lbs, sooooo

Christmas Goal Weight = 150ish :)

I'm not really too concerned with the number, just that I'm getting more fit and toning up :)
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    Yayy this sounds fab!

name: Laura
    Start weight (from today): 124 lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs.
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    Hello all my Skinny Christmas Dolls! First weigh-in is tomorrow, I'll be posting a topic early tomorrow morning "SKINNY CHRISTMAS WEEK 1" or something along those lines & that's where you should record your weight.

I'll be making an excel spread sheet, updating & posting it every week. that way everyone can see the progress of the group & at the end of the challenge we'll be able to look back on our journey.

i'm headed out for a last chance workout since I've been busy this week & havent worked out like i'd like. GOOD LUCK DOLLS!! talk to you all tomorrow!
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    Hi, I don't want to lose much but can I join?
    Current weight: 134.2 pounds
    Goal weight: 124 pounds by Christmas

I'm a teen, female and live in Australia. My family has had a history of several illnesses so I'd like to stay healthy and fit. I also have hypothryoid so it takes a little longer to lose weight. Good luck to everyone! And please feel free to add me.
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    This is what I have so far!

3038zl0.png

2i1h168.png
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    oh! is it too late to join? i'd love the motivation!

SW: 189.8
    GW by Christmas: 170

although my eventual goal weight is 150, but things happen very slowly for me. :-)
  • sazvampire
    sazvampire Posts: 53
    Options
    A long term challenge sounds like what I need.
    Current weight 292
    Goal weight by Xmas 250
    I love challenges like this, Im very competative and love to win!
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    I've got you both added & I've messaged all the people with missing stats.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'd love this--fall is when I'll need to keep up that motivation!
    CW: 287
    Christmas weight goal:225
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    Don't forget to add yourself to the spreadsheet :)
    Good luck everyone!
  • liveskinnyxo
    Options
    woohoo we've got 44 people on the updated list, still waiting for stats from three of them, but that's an amazing turn out! hopefully everyone stays commited! does anyone have any photoshop / banner making skills & is willing to make a skinny christmas banner for anyone participating that wants to put it in their signature?? I'm going to give it a try, but my banner skills are limited haha. so if anyone wants to give it a try i'd love it.

good luck dolls, last day before weigh-in so make sure you get a lot of water so you're not retaning tomorrow!
  • crystlgrn
    crystlgrn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. My weight on Monday was 227. My goal weight for Christmas is 160. Ambitious, yes, but I'm determined! A little about me: My name is Crystal and I'm 28. I've been overweight as long as I can remember. I have an amazing boyfriend who is super supportive and is changing his habits right along with me. I started my weight loss journey mid-December and would love to be close to my ultimate goal weight (145-150) by Christmas.
  • RattieLove
    RattieLove Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm in!
    Name: Mae
    Starting Weight: 125
    Goal Christmas Weight: 110

:D
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I want to be skinny for Christmas to!!!! That is my favorite holiday!!!!!
    Name: Fabrianne (prounounce Fob ree onna)
    Starting Weight: 207
    Goal Weight for XMAS: 145

Good Luck everyone and can't wait to see everyones victories!!!!
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sorry not very good at this yet? How do I get on the spreadsheet? :blushing: