Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    To loselbs or anyone else just joining us...it is not too late to join:) We just started on Monday and would be glad to have you with us. The challenge runs for 11 weeks unti Sept. 5th. Welcome to Fit for Fall! This is a great group of motivating people.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need extra motivation. I always enjoy making new friends:)
  • MissMichellemybelle
    MissMichellemybelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I have never done a challenge before, but this looks like it'll be a great motivator and coincides well with my first 5k goal on Sept 17!

Also, I am relatively new to MFP and would like to extend my friend network! I'm a great MFP friend and would love to meet new people sharing in our weight loss journeys!

CW: 161.4
    9/05 goal: 145 lbs
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    NSV: Complete the challenges successfully each week! Finish 30 Day Shred and move to Ripped in 30!
  • loselbs0
    loselbs0 Posts: 15
    Options
    Fab!

Looking forward to this journey with you all!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    to Ailene-great idea with the weights, I didn't even think of that!

I have problems with my miniscus so all I can really do is wait it out. I'm not sure the shoes will help, but I haven't gone to Boulder Running Company to get fitted before, so that may be another thing to try. I do have a good pair that's relatively new now, though. Guess I'll just keep up with the videos and walking in the meantime! Thanks guys!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Trying to keep to my no food after 9PM goal.....
  • juniperrose
    Options
    Hi all! I am studying for my boards ( big exam) but am trying to stick to this challenge. The exam is in 5 days and then I can devote way more time to exercise. I will still check in daily even though I expect that I may not meet my daily goals until after the exam. Daily goals are 1200 cal and to work out! Today I worked out but only a little, and went over by 200(!) cal!!!! Tomorrow is a new day. Congratulations to all the wonderful success and inspiration on the board!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Water: 3/7
    Exercise: 3/7

Ran tonight with my "light" weights again. A little easier than yesterday.

Welcome to all the new members! My posting at the top of Page 10 has a recap of the challenge.

Excellent job, everyone, with keeping up with the challenge!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Well, I (in big bold caps) just completed my first day of C25k! And when I say completed, I mean I did the WHOLE workout!! lol
    I feel pretty good about that right now...even pushed that sucker up to 5.0 miles for a couple runs at the end!! WOOOOT!!!

@ Leslie - Nice job completing W1D1 of C25K!!! I knew you could do it! Keep up the great efforts!

Thanks Ailene!! YOU are my inspiration!!! :heart:

@ Leslie - Too sweet!!! Your posting made my day!!! :flowerforyou:
    Great new profile pic!!! Is that a bottle of water your holding?? :laugh: ...:noway:
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    good job Ailene!! I'm going to do some of the BFBM moves tonight with weights... Since I didn't think to jog with them earlier.

I'm dying in this heat though its making the water challenge REALLY easy.

Olivia-- if you check in.. let me know what week I'm scheduled for challenge, because I need to think of something not all last minute.
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hehe...my challenge time doesn't come up till 8/8 I believe...that will be a toughie because everyone may have thought of everything by then...gonna have to start thinking now and get several ideas written down, lol.

Hey, have any of you tried Jillians No More Trouble Zones? I've had it for awhile but seriously scared to do it...she doesn't play!! I will do the shred though, lol. I could do that one in my sleep I think, but it is very effective. Here's a quote from her I ALWAYS hear, just thought I'd share..."This doesn't come for free, you have to fight for it." And boy is she right!

Days like this make me happy...when I started here in January I was just a couch potato...couldn't even barely walk one mile...today I did the 30 Day Shred and did a 4 mile walk/jog....baby steps are the key and not giving up, even when the world and all of lifes stresses try and hold you back! Yup, I'm feeling all "motivating" today, lol...

And great new pic Leslie, you sassy thing!
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    Water @ 10 cups/day = 3/7
    Weights = 0/7

Still no weights... I actually forgot today. Will try again tomorrow.
  • jcaskey1
    jcaskey1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to MyFitnessPal (been using since May 2011) and have never particiapted in a challenge. I would love to do this Fit for Fall challenge. Is there anything special I need to do to join the group, other than just post weigh-in info on Mondays? Looking forward to this challenge!!! :)
  • slackeyj
    slackeyj Posts: 68
    Options
    perhaps a little early to "officially" weigh-in but I jumped on the scale this afternoon and found I was at 171. And this was after I found out how much sodium was in one dill pickle! Lets just say that item won't be repeated on the menu tracker during this challenge!

Another 55 minutes of running and walking today. 110 degrees had me switch to a power walk halfway through. still kept it at a fast pace for the last 25 minutes after running at 6.0mph go 30 minutes. Walked with a 160z waterbottle in each hand to add some weight to the workout. By the end of the hour, I was fighting the urge to drop my hands and let the bottle just swing. Made it through. Must keep up the challenge. Also 12 cups of water for the day.

Bruce

Bruce,
    I don't know how you are running in that place! I could barely breath outside let alone run with all the dirt and poop particles floating around. The NATO gym and the canadian gym were my saving grace. I didn't really care for the "prison" gym because of all the gawking but I admire your running outside there. I didn't have it in me. Also, NATO gym offers spinning for a change of pace in case you didn't know. Good luck out there!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    whew.. I don't know either.. its 88 in my house I did 3 miles on the treadmill (slowly..lol. 5mph) and about died... and I could only get 1/2 way through BFBM and I think I'm going to die..LOL. I'm sweating bullets. I can't handle it.

I'm going to the gym tomorrow... my gym has AC...haha.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Had 12 cups of water today an incorporated 5 lb ankle weights and 5 lb dumbells while I jogged in place this evening!
  • gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join you guys if you wouldn't mind? My last summer challenge ended Monday - I lost 18 pounds in two months! I love the motivation the weekly weigh ins and challenges bring to the table!!

CW- 232

GW (9/5) - 205

NSV - Be able to run 5k

Thanks for your time! :):):)
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Options
    there is a 1/4 mile cement track around the inside of the "Boardwalk". Somedays the air is a bit "foul" but it can be done. I just run. It's what I like to do. The extra heat just works more calories out.

Bruce
  • Losing4sure
    Losing4sure Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NSV so far I've jogged 4 miles this week. (And I am extremely sore, LOL) Current weight 251. Goal weight is 160. I'd like to lose at least 20 lbs by fall. I keep going in a cycle where I lose say 3 lbs one week then the next gain it back. This has been on going. I will be doing a 5k July 30 and I walked last year in 46 mins. This year I'd like to jog it.
  • Majbdrake
    Majbdrake Posts: 69
    Options
    Loser4sure,

You've got a great goal! Keep looking forward and tracking your progress and you'll break that 3lb cycle. My wife has similiar goals. She wants to build herself up a Marathon! Again always look forward!

Bruce