Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I want to start the 30DS soon, does anyone have tips (or want to join me.:wink: )

in fact.. I think i will join you. I need to do more stregnth training again and I'm getting burnt out on BFBM.

Great! I'll have more motivation to do it if someone else joins with me! When would you want to start? Anyone who wants to join us can too. :D
  • dramaligre
    dramaligre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    CW 265
    GW 240

I haven't posted at all this week, but I'm still working on this challeng. I've worked out every day this week, which is a huge accomplishment for me. :)

I have my own NSV too:

it seems crazy I know, but I've never once worked out and ended up with sweat thru my shirt and today I did. :) My crazy little NSV... :)
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I want to start the 30DS soon, does anyone have tips (or want to join me.:wink: )

I'm about half way through my first go round right now (on Level 2 day 7), I plan on moving on to her No More trouble Zone DVD after I finish Shred- on another note I started her 6 week 6 pack this week - AND ITS A KILLER!!!! I start with Shred and then do the abs one- I didn't feel there was enough ab focus on Shred and that's where my issues are (thanks apple shape and 2 babies!!!) She's much more Jillian like in the 6 week 6 pack one- which I like.

Tip: after a day or two on a level (once you get used to the moves and your form is good, you kind of know what's coming next) I would turn the sound down and crank up your own tunes- I get bored with her voice and the background music and get into a "zone" with my own music- a good zone
    Also- take pics and measurements before you start. I was getting discouraged becuase the scale wasn't moving but then compared measurements and turns out I've lost 5.5 inches already- so yeah!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    D12L2........272 calories burned
    water...10 cups
    30 Day Shred with 5 pound weights DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • crshinn
    crshinn Posts: 23
    Options
    This week started off a little slow for me on the challenges, but the past two days I have done well with drinking TONS of water. I'm not sure exactly how many cups I've had because my kids keep drinking out of my water bottle which throws off my count....::grumble: Tonight, I'm going to a circuit class at the gym so lots of weights are in my future! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well with the challenges this week! :bigsmile:
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ellen, how is your water intake? I personally don't think the milk has anything to do with it, I'm not a big dairy drinker (like I have creamer in my coffee every morning and thats the extent of it...). I think if you're eating the same, exercising the same, then maybe your body is just used to the amount of calories in vs calories out and you need to change it up a bit. I'm a full believer that when you his a plateau you need to increase your caloric intake for a few days (I did 2000 calorie days for 3 or 4 days) then jumped right back into my routine and that finally did the trick.

You have to trick your body.

I keep reading upping calories and I am so afraid to try it! My water intake is good, I always get at least 8 cups.
  • alice74
    alice74 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi,
    This is a great time frame for a challenge like this. Thanks - I'll check back in Monday.
  • emariec78
    Options
    Alright, everyone has convinced me. I was actually considering taking my loss down from 1 lb to a half so I knew I would still be losing at least with increasing cals and I have to admit for the last couple days I've been feeling absolutely starving all the time so it certaintly won't be hard to eat them! Something is just off and I need to figure out what it is. I guess since my knee is also bothering me its a good time to turn a negative into a positive and use it as an excuse to switch up my exercise routine as well. We shall see. Its good to hear these things have worked for others, I guess I just get a little overly analytical trying to come up with a reason sometimes :ohwell:

Ailene, glad to hear you broke your plateau!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I did Zumba for the first time tonight and I LOVED it! Once I get the moves down I know it will be an even greater cardio workout. The class ended with 15 minutes of situps; my extra weights was a medicine ball.

Water - 4/7
    Exercise - 4/7
  • JenL0690
    JenL0690 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Been drinking 13 glasses of water a day and started 30 day shred yesterday with weights!! (oh boy oh boy am I sore!!)
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    time to stop procrastinating and commit to some NSVs:
    1. running 6 miles
    2. no more slave to scale - 2 times per week MAX!
    3. fit into true size 8 (I currently wear some 12, 10 and 8)

there it is, set in stone.

Here's the list of the women who will bring you your weekly challenges:
    aab1 - week of 6/20
    oliviawink - week of 6/27
    slackeyj - week of 7/4
    kylakesgal - week of 7/11
    ravenclawseekergirl - week of 7/18
    Tissues - week of 7/25
    singer - week of 8/1
    jessicamarie - week of 8/8
    ___________(TBD) - week of 8/15 (someone in this thread was wanting this week, and I can't remember who... please speak up if it's you!)
    Kris1085- week of 8/22
    Leslieroyale - Week of 8/29

I will remind each person before their challenge week. Jess - DON'T STRESS! As you know, whatever you challenge people with will be just fine. I know you will give us something good!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    time to stop procrastinating and commit to some NSVs:
    1. running 6 miles
    2. no more slave to scale - 2 times per week MAX!
    3. fit into true size 8 (I currently wear some 12, 10 and 8)

there it is, set in stone.

Here's the list of the women who will bring you your weekly challenges:
    aab1 - week of 6/20
    oliviawink - week of 6/27
    slackeyj - week of 7/4
    kylakesgal - week of 7/11
    ravenclawseekergirl - week of 7/18
    Tissues - week of 7/25
    singer - week of 8/1
    jessicamarie - week of 8/8
    ___________(TBD) - week of 8/15 (someone in this thread was wanting this week, and I can't remember who... please speak up if it's you!)
    Kris1085- week of 8/22
    Leslieroyale - Week of 8/29

I will remind each person before their challenge week. Jess - DON'T STRESS! As you know, whatever you challenge people with will be just fine. I know you will give us something good!
    Thanks for posting that Olivia. I had forgotten when my week was lol. Ok it's the week of my oldest son's birthday so maybe I can remember that:) Are we still doing a food challenge too or is that optional? I think I"ve already figured out what my challenge will be (should be a good one btw). The weekend is almost here....yah:) Keep guzzling that water everyone:)
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ok, I won't stress!! :) Plenty of time to think up some things!
    You are already wearing some 8's Olivia? That is awesome!! I really need to get to the store and get sized, I am in all my "smaller" clothes in the closet right now and I have absolutely no idea what size I'm into...all I know is I had some medium shirts that were so dang tight and some really cute tank tops, and yup I'm in them! As far as jeans, my smallest size in my closet were a pair of "Angels" brand jeans which used to be skintight and they were a juniors 13, they are feeling loose!

So, has anybody done No More Trouble Zones by Jillian? I want to do it, I've had the dvd for months and was too chicken after viewing the first few minutes...lol. She does NOT play!

Glad you liked Zumba Ailene! I also have that dvd, I need to get into it...I really would rather take a class though, that would be so fun!!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    did 30 day shred tonight... I randomly did L3.. kind of mood I was in I guess.. that was the extent of my fitness today..lol. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, so I was wrapping, getting directions, getting the kids packed to stay with their nana tomorrow tonight (OMG I seriously get a night out.. with my husband.. ALONE.. ahh! :smooched: ) Decided to fit the shred in so I did something.. I have a feeling my arms will be feeling it tomorrow.

kind of scared for food at the wedding though but I don't go to them often so I might just take the night off from worrying about what goes into my body and just enjoy myself (look at me.. planning slacking the first week of F4F.. tsk tsk.)

got 4 liters of water in today though :tongue:

Have a great night everyone!
  • emariec78
    Options
    Stacy, have a great time and don't stress about taking a night off!
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    So, has anybody done No More Trouble Zones by Jillian? I want to do it, I've had the dvd for months and was too chicken after viewing the first few minutes...lol. She does NOT play!

Its actually one of my NSV for this challenge!!! I will finish the 30 Day Shred in 12 days (on L2 D8 today) and I want to start No More Trouble Zones right after. I am also doing her 6 week 6 pack- loving it- although i can't do it through or 2 days in a row yet :(
  • Lavmann
    Lavmann Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no problem with the water - I generally do about 14-15 glasses of it any way. My problem is adding in the weights to the rests of the work outs. I will typically alternate weights with cardio, sometimes both together, but not always. Still trying, however!!!
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I will be finishing up the 30ds shred at the end of June. For all those wondering about it, it's fantastic! It's absolutely grueling, but I haven't gotten results like this from anything else I was doing (elliptical, light weights). For July, I think I am going to rotate some other JM DVDs with C25k. I have been dying to run, just keep putting off because I am scared. No time like the hottest time of the year right lol.
  • Jackiej26
    Jackiej26 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to start the challenge if it's not too late!
  • ces223
    ces223 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in. I need some motivation to shed this last 25 or so pounds. I've been walking, but not power walking until the past couple of days. I'll post my goals. I lost about 50 pounds last year, but the past three months or so it has been just steady up and down 2-3 pounds. I really do not like the scale. The NSV is a great way to help that. Thanks for this motivator. I look forward to checking in every Monday with you.
    :happy:
    CW: 209
    GW:180
    NSV: exercise every day.