Fit for Fall Challenge - 6/20 - 9/05

Options

Replies

• asmt1010
    asmt1010 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in see ya'll every monday! I hope I can remember since I have really bad memory lol...but logging in everyday should be great!
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Howdy to the friends I've been "challenging" with for a while and welcome to the new ones.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am deffently excited about this challenge ! I will be posting my goal weight and the nsvs on monday ! I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend !
  • anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am really interested in trying this challenge. I do not know what a resonable goal for myself would be though. I don't know what is considered an attainable goal and I don't want to set the bar too high and not even come close. Can anyone give a newbie a little advise?

• jpkenned
    jpkenned Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I keep starting these and not following through so I'll have a goal weight and goal to finish the challenge!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I love the idea of NSV's being the goal/s instead of weight--it works out perfectly for where I'm at right now and most challenges focus on the numbers. And I too have joined challenges, then fallen by the wayside so my first NSV will absolutely be to stick with this through the end.
    Thanks for putting this together.

Yay you're back! You can do it!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've never done a challenge before, but i'd love to do one. see you monday!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    First of all, glad to see so much interest and I'm happy to be making new friends as well as challenging with some "old" MFP friends as well!

I'm working on the list of women who rotate providing the weekly challenges. Not sure yet, but I may need some help covering weeks, so if there's anyone interested in taking a week to give the group a food and exercise challenge, speak up.
    Secondly, advice to a newbie anbuckmaster...
    I am really interested in trying this challenge. I do not know what a resonable goal for myself would be though. I don't know what is considered an attainable goal and I don't want to set the bar too high and not even come close. Can anyone give a newbie a little advise?

If you're looking at a loss number, consider about 1 lb/week, or a little more or a little less depending on how quickly you lose and where you are in your journey.

If you're considering an NSV, think about a level of fitness you want to achieve in the next 11 weeks. Maybe you want to be able to do 200 consecutive crunches or run your first 5K race or you want to finish a jillian michael's 30 day series (considering this one for myself, as I have started 2 different JM 30 day serieses and not finished either). Or maybe you want to lose so many inches, or fit into the next smaller size of clothing, or be able to share clothes with your BFF or sister and she's a bit smaller than you.... Just some ideas, but the best ideas for you will come from you, as you know how fit you are now

And if you're really stumped, wait until some other people have posted NSVs and "steal" their ideas. And you can alway add mroe NSVs or adapt as you go. This is certainly not set in stone or written in blood.

Love to you all and I look forward to getting "Fit 4 Fall" together! :flowerforyou:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Count me in - this is what I need to get remotivated and stick with it! Thank you SO much! See ya Monday!
  • anbuckmaster
    anbuckmaster Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help! I will think about it this weekend and try to come up with some goals!
  • sbechdel
    sbechdel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all F4Fers! I have never been part of a group or done a challenge and thinking maybe I can actually keep the weight off longer than a month if I have this support. My husband and I are plannig on starting a family this fall and I want to not only be in excellent shape by then, but to be at a maintance phase, proving to myself I can stay heathy for not only me but maybe a kiddoe someday. Thanks for starting this, looking forward to Monday!
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am in, Hopefully this one goes better for me. Good luck to everyone. :)
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this challenge. I have 2 others coming to an end soon and need something else! Now I just need to decide what my goals will be. Hmmm......
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!
  • Nana_Anne
    Nana_Anne Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm in and will think about what I want to achieve and post Monday.
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm in again, will check in Monday
  • Sandbug
    Sandbug Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP.
    Well, actually I have been lurking around on this site for a little while and have recieved a lot of good, valuable info. So now I have gotten the courage to post. Not sure how the challenges go but from what I am reading this might be what I need to be held accountable. I am going to give this a try. Although, there might be a lot of questions coming your way.
  • punkin_793
    punkin_793 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am in!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP.
    Well, actually I have been lurking around on this site for a little while and have recieved a lot of good, valuable info. So now I have gotten the courage to post. Not sure how the challenges go but from what I am reading this might be what I need to be held accountable. I am going to give this a try. Although, there might be a lot of questions coming your way.

Hi Sandbug! Welcome to the challenge, and hooray for coming out of the shadows!! This challenge comes from a group of AWESOME ladies, and each time we start a new challenge, we pick up even MORE wonderful people!! Don't be shy, ask away with the questions :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Leslie
  • slackeyj
    slackeyj Posts: 68
    Options
    This is my post so this challenge is easier to find! I will be back Monday and Olivia I already volunteered for one week but if you don't get enough people I will take on a second week, just not the first two weeks of August because I will be on a beach somewhere with my husband who I haven't seen in 9 months! So excited to maintain the accountability and progress the other challenge has helped me keep up!