Chocolate or Vanilla protein
    300 gr yogurt
    10g flaxmeal
    5 gr cocoa nibs
    5gr cinamon

Every morning without fail...
  • struggling_to_maintain
    Options
    I'm with the other two who asked about why everyone is using the protein powder. I used to take it about 4 years ago when I did strength training. Now I do cardio 3x a week, and weights 2x. I'm nervous about adding the protein powder to stuff because I'm scared of the calories! Someone mentioned a shake that was ONLY 350 calories. That's more then what I eat for breakfast! I'm only allowed 1200 calories so does anyone have any ideas on how to add protein powder and keep it low cal?:laugh:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Pumkin protein pancakes

1 scoop

Protein powder any flavor

1/2 cup

Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)

1/2 tsp

Cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice + 1/4 tsp cinnamon)

1/2 tsp

Baking powder

Egg whites

1/2 cup

Oats

1/2 cup

+ 2 tbs water

3-5 pkts

Stevia (or 1/2-1 tbs sweetener of choice)optional

Servings (3 pancakes per serving)

Calories Per Serving

4 g

Fiber
    Change out pumkin for PB or whatever you like. I top mine with yogart or frozen berries cooked a minute to make a great sauce.
    Also freeze protein pwder with ice and skim,water and eat/drink like a slushy.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    Almond milk
    Oatmeal
    Pancake batter
    Over ice cream
    Milk and ginger snap cookies.
  • js370
    js370 Posts: 140
    Options
    I usually just add to water, but I have tried it with oatmeal and it wasn't bad.

To the ladies asking about using whey protein...
    Most people including myself, will have a protein shake after lifting weights. It helps with the repair of muscle tissue. If you have the time it is better to just eat something, like eggs or chicken, etc. The folks that take in more whey protein are usually trying to gain weight or build muscle.
  • melr333
    melr333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mixed berry protein powder with V8 Strawberry Banana Fusion is very tasty. It has a similar carb/protein ratio as Beachbody's Shakeology.
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've made a protein powder icecream with vega vanilla chai powder and soaked cashews.

My favorite thing to do is add a plain, unsweetened pea protein powder to hummus and soups.

And If I'm going to have toast or a bagel, I love pea protein with mashed banana or sweet potato, adding water to a nice, spreadable consistency. Sometimes I'll add ground flax seeds or almond butter to that too (tiny sprinkle of cinnamon and salt)...Pea Protein Butter! Could also skip the banana if you don't want it sweet.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    noxipro...
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I'm with the other two who asked about why everyone is using the protein powder. I used to take it about 4 years ago when I did strength training. Now I do cardio 3x a week, and weights 2x. I'm nervous about adding the protein powder to stuff because I'm scared of the calories! Someone mentioned a shake that was ONLY 350 calories. That's more then what I eat for breakfast! I'm only allowed 1200 calories so does anyone have any ideas on how to add protein powder and keep it low cal?:laugh:

1 scoop of protein powder with 1 cup skim milk = about 180 calories
    I also just started using the protein to go drink mix in my bottle of water at work. I was hungry all the time and this seems to be helping so far. Only 50 calories.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    put the chocolate protein powder with a tiny bit of water and stir until you make it the same consistencty as peanut butter... then you make a peanutbutter/chocolate protein sandwich its so damn good!
  • CoachJake83
    CoachJake83 Posts: 108
    Options
    I enjoy mixing mine with Shakeology, strawberries, bananas, extra cinnamon, perhaps a little vanilla extract, almond milk, sometimes even a whole egg, almond butter. There's lots of good options out there =D
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Nothing particularly different here. I mix mine with either skim milk or almond milk (depends on how many calories I have for the day), fruits like bananas and mangoes (favorites) and berries. I also add a little peppermint extract to my chocolate shake sometimes, to change it up a little bit. I also want to try some peppermint schnapps with the chocolate shake, but am out currently.
  • socalgirl68
    socalgirl68 Posts: 85
    Options
    Mint Mocha Frappe Protein Shake
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 TBS. instant coffee
    1 cup almond milk
    1/2 tsp. Mint extract
    Coffee Beans (java chips)
    Lots and lots of ice!

Blend and enjoy! you can add chocolate chips if you want. That's perrrty good
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Mine is cafe caramel flavoured so I mix it with a bit of vanilla rice milk, a bit of chocolate rice milk, some water, and ice, and it tastes like an iced mocha
  • kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with V-8 fusions so that i get some servings of veges and fruit in my day as I'm not real good about getting my fruit and veges for the day in. it tastes good to me
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I blend mine with plain yogurt, peanut butter, and banana and freeze it for frozen yogurt.
    I love this idea. Thanks!
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just mix my optimum nutrition double chocolate with 200ml of Alpro Hazelnut milk. Scrummy. :-P
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have never really been into using protein powder but can anyone tell me the benefits of putting it into your body. Do you do it before a workout/ after a workout? Can you all give me some info on protein powder.

when you find out can you let me know?

LOL No one is answering this question in here. I guess Ill have to post it somewhere else.

Your body has a pretty long absorbtion window (24 hours I think) so there is no need to actually have it immediately before/after - just fit it in when works for you. Your body needs a minimum amount of protein to function, especially if you want to build/maintain muscle.