6/20 30 Day Shred

Options
scantrll
scantrll Posts: 271 Member
Alright, so after much convincing, my b/f has agreed to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred come Monday. We will be starting on level one, and my plan is to do 10 days at level one and move up from there.

So who's with us? I've never actually done a JM workout before, so this will be a first. This will run from June 20- July 20th and I'd love to have some folks join in! I've been really impressed with the before and after pictures that people post when it comes to this work out, so in the end I'd love for a ton of us to have some more amazing pictures!

Replies

• jimenez4
    jimenez4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im on day 6 of 30 Day Shred but im in! I can always use the support!
  • misssinglemomma
    Options
    I'll be starting 30 day shred on Monday as well! Would love to join for/give support! Seen amazing pictures of peoples results and I would love to try it out! Keeping my eating habits in check is whats gonna make or break this for me! Good luck!
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok, this makes me want to go out and get this video. I never really paid much attention to the vidoes out on the market, so I am looking this one up right now...lol
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Count me in...I just received it in the mail this week!
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bought this DVD yesterday so tomorrow would be a good day to start. Haven't done a JM workout either but from the reviews I've read it looks like it's going to hurt!
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    Count me in! I was going to start tomorrow but figured I may as well give it a go today. It was a challenging 20 minutes but a lot of fun and I felt great afterwards. :)
  • misssinglemomma
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day! Good luck to everyone that is going to be doing this workout!!!

I'll be doing it with my 1200 cal "diet"
    I will also be doing 45-90 minutes of cardio daily!
    Hoping to see results!!!

Whats everyones plan for these next thirty days???
  • jadam6
    Options
    Just completed day 1 - enjoyed it and was glad that the moves are quite uncomplicated (as I don't have much coordination). I am already feeling the effects - arms and legs are shaking and struggled to walk down the stairs after, so hopefully a good sign!

I am also following a 1200 cal diet and doing two 1 hr workouts a week (zumba and legs,bums and tums). Hoping to see good results too!

Starting stats are:
    Weight 154.2 lbs
    Waist 32 inches (smallest point)
    Hips 40 inches
    Thigh 24 inches
    Arm 13 inches

Good luck everyone!
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    I had already booked in to do my first session of Hot (Bikram) Yoga tonight and was planning on doing my shred session afterwards. Unfortunately yoga has left me shaking so i'm going to get back into the shred sessions tomorrow. Looking forward to it!! :)
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tried it last month and got to about day 10, got a cold and stopped. I am in. I will start tonight. I only have about 10lbs to loss but I need to do something to get me started!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. just got my DVD last friday and want to start today. It will be the first excercising I will be doing in a while, but its really time to start and get a move on... Im also following a 1200 calorie diet and I've also seen great results here, so Im hoping to be one of the success stories myself.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Of course I would find this after I posted one just like it!

I'm IN! Today will be L1D1 for me. Yikes! Let the games begin...
  • gettingthin03
    Options
    Im in. Brought the DVD on Saturday and Hubby and I planned to start today. I am going to do it this afternoon. So excited. Plan to follow my 1200 cal diet and also do some walking 3-4 times a week at least 2-3 miles each time. Im excited!
  • mbeth21
    mbeth21 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm in! I will be starting tonight. I won't be able to do it everyday (Tuesdays and Fridays I work 14-16 hour days) but I'm hoping those 2 days a week off won't hurt me too badly.

So glad there is a support group for this! My mini goal is to loose inches from this workout... I'd like my fat jeans to not fit so tight!
  • jadam6
    Options
    Out of interest how many calories are you all burning during the 20 minutes? I have logged it as aerobics general and that has given me a total of 152 calories. Just wondering if that is about right. I have a garmin forerunner but that uses the gps signal and doesn't work for aerobics etc.
  • emaustin86
    emaustin86 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'll join you! I started it before and never finished. Hoping to finish this time!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Out of interest how many calories are you all burning during the 20 minutes? I have logged it as aerobics general and that has given me a total of 152 calories. Just wondering if that is about right. I have a garmin forerunner but that uses the gps signal and doesn't work for aerobics etc.

I tried it a few times a couple of months ago wearing a HRM. I'm 5'3, 184 lbs and I burned an average 185 calories. The least I burned was 160 and the most I burned was 210...just depended how hard I pushed myself.
  • acarter86
    acarter86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am starting today also so I would love to be a part of this group!
  • emaustin86
    emaustin86 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'll join you! I started it before and never finished. Hoping to finish this time!

Starting Details:
    Weight: 200
    Height: 5'4"
    Waist: 39
    Hips: 45.5
    Chest: 42.5
    Thigh: 26
    Calf: 16.5
    Bicep: 15
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I literately just bought the shred this weekend with the intent of starting on July 1st. I am so Excited!!!!! I dont know if I can wait till July 1st now. The only probably is I haven't taken my measurements yet and taken the before pictures.

I tried sudjesting to a few of my buddies but no one seems as excited I as I am. I mean really, 20 minutes a day! I think I have that much time!

Ill see if I can get my husband in on it today as well, we were supposed to do it together.....