56 pounds - Before & During pics

Options
ShellyMacchi
ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
One year ago (June 2010) i was attending my stepdaughter's highschool graduation.
i had lost a little weight (not much) but was feeling 'good' to degree i was not even horrified at thought of having my picture taken.
i did not even see this picture until months laster (in the early winter).. and just as well as i would have been sick to have seen it while i was still this size. (By the time i saw the pictures i had already started losing weight but not yet joined mfp)

In November 2010, i weighed in at m Dr's office at 242 pounds.
i am 5' 7.25" tall.
Not a good combination as, as i've gotten older my weight was settling around my stomach instead of all over as it did when i was younger.
(yes, i truly have been overweight [mostly obese] since i was born).

since November i have lost 55.5 pounds (i love how mfp rounds up to 56 *L*).. and i i am now 186.5 pounds. No longer obese!

My 'goal' is to reach 160... at that point i will no longer be overweight, i will, for first time in my life, BE in normal/healthy weight range (albeit the high end of it). Once i reach that point (and believe me, i WILL be reaching that point, i have no doubts about that), i will re-evaluate and decide if i can and should go a little lower.

i am proudest of the fact that i have done this PURELY by eating in a healthy manner, eating 'clean' most of the time, lowered sodium, LOTS of fruits and veg, whole grains, no refined sugars or flours, no artificial sweeteners...and i can honestly say i am enjoying food more than i ever did now!

i eat my calories! yes, even most of my exercise ones.. as i soon found(after joining mfp) that i lost MORE per week by eating all my base calories (1200) as well as at least 1/2, usually more, of my exercise calories.

i go without nothing that i love *S*.. i have pasta,(whole grain unless at a restaurant), i have cheeses, i have pizza (usually i make my own now on a whole wheat pita as a crust), i have chocolate (dark choc, 70% or higher).. the only difference now is.. i have them all in moderation! And i truly DO enjoy them more NOW than when i was mindlessly eating 3 chocolate bars or a bag of cookies all at once.

i KNOW i will be eating this way for the rest of my life... and since i have never felt healthier (in mind as well as body) or more energetic, i am thrilled!

if i could encourage anyone it would be to say:
'be patient and eat in a mindful, healthy manner.. you are fueling the only body you will ever have. There are no fast gimmick fixes in weight loss that will give you the life long health that simply eating well and becoming more active can bring you.. for LIFE!'

so without further delay *L* (can you tell i was stalling not wanting to post this before pic? *LOL*)

One year ago:
5849885554_71d0857296.jpg

one week ago:
5849885698_33d9a93dc1.jpg

(hope the pics post ok *LOL*)

Replies

• Angela1022
    Angela1022 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Wow Shelly - you are looking fantastic!! Well done. x
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jissenia
    jissenia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    omg you look super :happy:
  • MallRatMeg
    MallRatMeg Posts: 19
    Options
    Wow what a difference! Congratulations! Can't wait to see when the after pics come out! :-)
  • luci2403
    luci2403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!

Well done - I look forward to seeing pictures when you get to 160!!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you look great:noway:
  • mathsgirl
    mathsgirl Posts: 13
    Options
    Oh my life, that is absolutely amazing. You look great. Such a huge difference. Well done. Huge amounts of well done.
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    You look amazing! Much younger too! Keep up the great work and Im sure you will reach your goal weight.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    GRATS!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    awesome....................
  • brandejones
    brandejones Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You look simply amazing!!!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look amazing....congrats
  • Jayney10
    Jayney10 Posts: 43
    Options
    Wow you look amazing.. congrats you are an inspiration to me ;-Dx
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't know if thats your daughter in that pic....but wow....you look so much like her....and you look 20 years younger now! good job!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Love love love this Shelly!!!! This gives me so much hope and inspiration to know that my body can change!!!! You're awesome!!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done, you've done fantastically well.

Looking Great :-)
  • Rloral
    Rloral Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Congratulations!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker::flowerforyou: :drinker::flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker::flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    AWESOME! YOU ARE AWESOME! WTG!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational. Wonderful progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!