There and Back Again, A P90X Tale (pics)

Options
Ashalahn_LMT
Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
Day 1 Fitness Tests:

Starting weight: 178 lbs

Waist: 36"

Resting Heart Rate: 60 (Not recorded w/ HRM)

Pull-ups: 7 (wide grip front)

Push-ups: 25

Inches from toes: 0

In & Outs: 30

Seated Wall Squat: 1:05

Arm Curls: 22 (green band)

Day 90 Fitness Tests:

Current weight: 160 lbs.

Waist: 32"

Resting Heart Rate: 58 (recorded w/ HRM)

Pull-ups: 12

Push-ups: 36

Inches from toes: +8

In & Outs: 80

Seated Wall Squat: 2:08

Arm Curls: 38 (green band)

All in all the journey took me 97 days. I had a week of vacation thrown into the mix that put me off one week. I didn't follow the P90X diet plan to the letter. I started low carb 20/50/30 (carb/protein/fat) for the first phase. Then increased my ratios to 40/40/20 for the second and third phases. I used resistance bands (blue and green supplied by BeachBody), the pull up bar from BeachBody, a Polar HRM, a yoga mat and lots and lots of water.

I supplemented with Cytosport Whey protein, creatine, fish oil and a mulitvitamin for the first and second phases. For the third phase I switched to Shakeology and the P90X Results and Recovery drink, and fish oil. I wish I had used Shakeology and the R&R drink the whole time.

No secrets. No gimmicks. No magic pills. No crazy diets. I eat more calories now than I ever have. I feel better now than I ever have. And while I still don't have the 6-pack I crave, I am closer to it now than I ever have been in my life. I wasn't in this good of shape even in high school.

And I can't wait to start the program all over again on June 20th. Come join me.

This is the Day 1 picture:
DSC01999-1.jpg

This is the Day 30 picture:
DSC02087.jpg

This is the Day 60 picture:
DSC02091.jpg

This is the Day 90 pictures:
DSC02323.jpg

Replies

• CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Awesome results man.
  • mdgracia
    mdgracia Posts: 20
    Options
    Awesome job. Just started my first round of P90X and I am on day 4. It is tough, but I am sticking with it. I hope to see as good of results as you have. Congrats!
  • colortheplanet
    Options
    Wow, your progress is amazing and truly inspiring! I may have borrow my friend's P90X videos to see what it does for me.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Awesome job!! I am starting week 4 and love it!!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    Awesome job. Just started my first round of P90X and I am on day 4. It is tough, but I am sticking with it. I hope to see as good of results as you have. Congrats!

Stick with the program. Push Play every day and bring it. It's a tough 90 days, but completely worth it.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    Nicely done!You look great!Six pack is coming next,Ican see that. I'm doing p90x too but will get more strict about it after My vacation! My favirite is the kempo...
  • CrochetGator
    CrochetGator Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    Nicely done!You look great!Six pack is coming next,Ican see that. I'm doing p90x too but will get more strict about it after My vacation! My favirite is the kempo...

Favorite workout: Kenpo
    Most hated workout: Legs and Back

Yes, I'd rather do plyo than legs and back.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yummy :tongue: :blushing: :laugh:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good job LifebloomLMT
  • jmtp
    jmtp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What tools do you have to have to do the P90X videos? Do I need to have a pull-up bar, for example, or were you just sharing that in terms of your progress towards fitness?
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    What tools do you have to have to do the P90X videos? Do I need to have a pull-up bar, for example, or were you just sharing that in terms of your progress towards fitness?

You need either resistance bands or free weights.
    You need some way to do pull ups, or you can attach the resistance bands to the ceiling to mimic the pull up motion.
    A yoga mat is helpful but not required, especially if you are on carpet.
    The rest of it is just listed to help people if they want to do the program.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    wow that is a really big difference. You had amazing results!!
    Congrats ^-^
  • OttawaJeannie
    Options
    Holy crap! Look at your arms.

I am finishing up the 100mile challenge this month then July 1 I am going to get into this 100%. I just found I didn't have the time/energy to do both :(
  • codypedler
    codypedler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats ^-^

aside from the arms, which are flexed in the 60 and 90 day photos which could be misleading, great increase in overall numbers. gratz.
  • Biert
    Biert Posts: 22
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm starting p90x for the first time tomorrow, I'm really motivated. And reading stories like this only motivates me more.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Options
    Congrats ^-^

aside from the arms, which are flexed in the 60 and 90 day photos which could be misleading, great increase in overall numbers. gratz.

I didn't flex the arms in the day 1 photo because there really wasn't much to flex. :)
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You look great! thanks for being such an inspiration everyday! Can't wait to see your Round 2 results! Keep up the great work!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!