are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options

Replies

• zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was really surprised to see so many 125 goals and it got me thinking that perhaps I needed to have the same goal. My goal is to get to 140-150 and hover in that range. I think anything less than 140 will not look right on me personally. Maybe it just depends on your frame/build. I have a somewhat thick frame.

I was also surprised by the number of people with goals of 125. I honestly think that I would look terrible at 125--I'm somewhere between 5'4" and 5'5", am very muscular, and have a large frame. I'm shooting for 160 right now, and I think that ultimately 145 would be completely ideal for me. Although it's really hard for me to imagine myself even at 145! It's not just about being light, it's also about having an optimal body composition (the ratio between fat and muscle). If I could get to even 150 and be about 16% bodyfat, I'd be ECSTATIC. So don't feel peer pressure about your weight goal. Play it by ear, see what looks good on you, and match your body to all of your goals (fitness, function, lifestyle, etc) not just the scale.
  • Rissa9811
    Rissa9811 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'5, and I weigh 163.9..this would not be that bad, if I wasn't 13 years old :(. I just lost 4 pounds, and it's nothing, but I am SO happy!! It makes it easier to keep trying when I saw just a little bit og sucsess!
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'5" and I am aiming to get back into low to mid 120's - I weighed between 115 and low 120's for years before having kids and I think it looked normal for my frame, not too small - I always had an athletic build. I really just started back into strength training though, so we'll see what happens!
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    My goal is 125 also but I have a very curvy frame. At my heaviest weight 210 I have an hour glass figure and I didnt look 210. So I am not sure if being at 125 will suit me but if it does it does. I just want to look sexy in a 2 piece so if that sexyness is at 135 or 145 it dont matter:smokin: :tongue: :noway: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :embarassed:
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal is 150. I am large framed (not an excuse, but true). I was a size 14 at 190, and at my thinnest in high school I was 135. I will be very happy and healthy at 150.

I have 'sort of' before and afters in my profile. There is one from my daughter's prom in 2010 (I'm in the navy shirt) and then her prom in 2011. But that's me at 243, and then probably around 216 or so. I'm now 207

You're the first person to have the same build as me (when you said your size was 14 at 190 lbs.)!!! That's crazy! Right now I'm at 170.8 and my size is 13! It's cause I have huge hips, and hardly any fat in my tummy! So I understand your goal being 150, cause that's mine as well!!! I know in about 20 pounds I can lose the love handles and areas that are bugging me, but I've never been down to that weight so I'm curious what I'll look like...
  • jasthespazz
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 172 pounds. was 175 a week ago. yay!
    you guys are all doing so well. how motivating!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. I am 5'4.5" and at my highest weight was 187, size 14. Pretty much no muscle. Around 144 with moderate amount of muscle I began to wonder if my body just wasn't made to go any lower. I was in a size 6. I would see people my height with goals of 125 and feel like a failure. I tried to detach from a number and focus on healthy habits and over time my oversll weight has gone down (and I'm pretty sure muscle mass has increased.) I am about 132 right now but slipped into the 120's for about 2 days before starting p90x. I got discouraged because the scale went up, and stopped p90x. It's pretty much a vanity goal at this point but I would be amazed if I were able to get solidly in the 120s and stay there. Thinking about aiming for 125 before restarting p90x even though I know the scale number is a bit of nonsense by now. Current pics in my profile are in the pinkish /'orange shirt. Wearing size 4.
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5''... When I started I was pushing 180 lbs, now I'm hovering around 145 lbs. My goal weight is 128 lbs, but it's kind of a number I've picked out of thin air...
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and am looking to get to about 130lbs. I was thinking about going a little lower but I too am getting a lot of flack from people saying that I will be "too skinny". They are saying that 160lbs would be good for me. I think 125lbs is great for someone 5'5. I've still got a ways to go so I don't have any pics of anything near that weight.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting thread. I am 5'4.5" and at my highest weight was 187, size 14. Pretty much no muscle. Around 144 with moderate amount of muscle I began to wonder if my body just wasn't made to go any lower. I was in a size 6. I would see people my height with goals of 125 and feel like a failure. I tried to detach from a number and focus on healthy habits and over time my oversll weight has gone down (and I'm pretty sure muscle mass has increased.) I am about 132 right now but slipped into the 120's for about 2 days before starting p90x. I got discouraged because the scale went up, and stopped p90x. It's pretty much a vanity goal at this point but I would be amazed if I were able to get solidly in the 120s and stay there. Thinking about aiming for 125 before restarting p90x even though I know the scale number is a bit of nonsense by now. Current pics in my profile are in the pinkish /'orange shirt. Wearing size 4.

The scale really is meaningless at this point.... in fact weighing MORE due to muscle is a good thing. A great thing!

I'm wearing clothes at 134 that I last wore around 120. But last time I was 120, it after I lost weight from not being able to eat normally due to a jaw problem. I lost muscle and fat. I'm the same size, but look so much better now because I have more muscle and a lot less fat. I used to look frail. Now I look healthy.
  • karendzar
    karendzar Posts: 23
    Options
    i was 18 when i got married and weiged 118 lbs, and never thought i was underweight or overweight, i am now 48 and weigh 195, i would love to get to that weight again, but at 5.5 and aftergiving birth 4 times in five years, i am not sure that i could get back to that weight, i got to 130 lbs about 15 years ago and everyone said i looked ill - but i would love to get to 138 lbs (which is under 10 stones),
  • stepha1013
    stepha1013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5" and my first goal is 135. I don't recall what I looked like at that weight but at that point I also want to re-assess weight vs what size I am and how I look and go from there.

I say do what you feel comfortable with :)
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, and my goal is 130. My boyfriend thinks that is way too low though and said the lowest I should go is 150 :( He used to be crazy about weight lifting and working out (hours a day, any time of day. like seriously insane. flex in a mirror at 3am and see one arm smaller than the other and work it out obsessively). It makes me feel bad that I am aiming for 130. I weighed 150s when I played rugby and still felt huge but he said that is just because I had/have such poor body image. Worst of all, my older brother who inspired me to lose weight in the first place agrees that 150 is where I should be~!

Am I really that crazy for wanting 130? I see all of you other women who are my height with goals of 125-135 and it makes me feel better but still :(
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    Most people considered me slim at 150. I even felt pretty good at it, but I didn't like the way I looked nekkid. I like looking good nekkid. And my husband thought I looked great at 150, and never thought I needed to lose weight at that size, but he certainly benefits when I feel better nekkid.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and 3/4ths. I like to round up to 5"5 though even though its a stretch I know.

I currently weigh 150 right now and I've got the whole love handles and thunder thighs going on as that is where all the weight gathers in my family history. Both sides of the family are thicker framed for sure. The lowest weight I've been in my weightloss journey is 135 and I was having heart problems back then. I'm not sure if it had everything to do with my weight and how I lost 61 pounds pretty quickly compared to others, but I'd like to get back to 135 if possible. If health problems start occuring 139 would be okay with me.. I'm looking to be in the healthy BMI range and maintaining. I know that since I have a big frame, I can try to lose inches once I'm there too!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6. my goal is 135. I'm currently at 159. GAH!
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I don't even know what my goal weight should be! I am shooting for 145 and then I'm going to reevaluate from there. It's hard to pick a "goal" when you don't even know what you'll look like lol..
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    A couple new after photos. I've lost 3# since my last update. :smile:

Last July, at about 152#. I gained more since then, but it was (mercifully) after bikini season.

IMG_8939.jpg

Currently 132#.

Untitled-1-3.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135. Only 20 more pounds to go:)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    A couple new after photos. I've lost 3# since my last update. :smile:

Last July, at about 152#. I gained more since then, but it was (mercifully) after bikini season.

IMG_8939.jpg

Currently 132#.

Untitled-1-3.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

I wish I looked that good at that weight! Good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!