Any ladies 5ft 11 or around with before/after pics for inspi

Options

Replies

• Amineral
    Amineral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    omg i totally agree with you! some people that say they weight in the 180s look absolutely amazing. totally a supermodel! way better than me...ive been stumped on body types and weight today as im looking through posts and on this website mybodygallery.com. its gotta be a persons frame? im only wondering out loud bc im 5'9'', 137lbs size 9 jeans, s/m top and there have been people who weight more than me but wear smaller sizes..? yeah confusing..haha
  • Amineral
    Options
    Hihi! I'm 5'11 (and a half).

Before at 206 lbs:
    74484_686788238715_1405687_38685792_4866743_n.jpg

After at 180 lbs:
    DSCN0027-1-1.jpg
    you look great!

you look amazing!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    omg i totally agree with you! some people that say they weight in the 180s look absolutely amazing. totally a supermodel! way better than me...ive been stumped on body types and weight today as im looking through posts and on this website mybodygallery.com. its gotta be a persons frame? im only wondering out loud bc im 5'9'', 137lbs size 9 jeans, s/m top and there have been people who weight more than me but wear smaller sizes..? yeah confusing..haha
    Yep, it is confusing. I am 5'10" and weigh 168 pounds, but I wear 6-8 in skirts and pants, 4-6 in dresses, and Small and sometimes Extra Small in shirts. I have a low body fat % though and lots of lean muscle mass, though, which makes a BIG difference, as does my proportions (tiny waist, bigger hips and chest).
  • lolita_doll
    Options
    BUMP
  • Amineral
    Options
    Yep, it is confusing. I am 5'10" and weigh 168 pounds, but I wear 6-8 in skirts and pants, 4-6 in dresses, and Small and sometimes Extra Small in shirts. I have a low body fat % though and lots of lean muscle mass, though, which makes a BIG difference, as does my proportions (tiny waist, bigger hips and chest).

when i wear skirts i go down to like a size 3-5 or something crazy like that. and i fit a size 8 jean but i tend to get the muffin top if its not the right brand. i want the lean muscle, thats what im lacking. i wont ever be a small jean because i work my legs from tennis and at the gym but i would love to slim down to being comfortable in a size 7..no matter what brand! haha besides that, im not really looking for a specif number although that helps with trying to accomplish my goal. i mainly want more muscle and to make a bikini look good.
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I aspire to be 170. I had 128 lbs to lose and I have lost 74 to date. I am working to post pics of me. I haven't posted any in a forum before.
  • EmmyC78
    Options
    What an awesome thread!!! I just joined and so far love this site!! I am 5'11" and weigh 190 lbs, which is the same as I weighed at 9 months pregnant. Looking to get back to 155. Was 145 pre-baby, but do not think this is realistic as I was very, very thin. Love the pics! Very inspirational!!! Congrats to all the awesome people that have reached their goals.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have some on my page and my blog. Around September I think I posted a comparison photo of before and during. I'm not in the after mode yet.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    5'10 and starting all over again. Currently 209, heaviest ever. Aiming for 140.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I find it really interesting that at least a few of the girls who have posted in this thread so far have "after" weights that are higher than my "before" weight, but they look so fabulous! The girls who have said that they're in the 180s, I would never have been able to tell. And they're not the only ones - I've seen other girls on MFP who are tall, 180-190 and they look like supermodels. Why is this? Is it "body frame"? Amount of muscle? I did NOT look as good at 175 as these beautiful ladies who are 180! Or is my scale just busted? :)

I haven't finished reading all the posts yet, so if I'm repeating something someone else said, I apologize...

We tall girls can have a much greater range of healthy weights. For a short girl, having a more heavy skeletal structure might make a difference of 5 lbs. But for a tall girl, with longer bones, the weight difference (just from being big-boned or small-boned) can be over 30 lb. Same with muscle mass. My original weight loss goal was to get down to 150 lb, because that's the weight of a friend I admire. But my doc says that I have a lot of muscle & very solid bones, so I'm carrying almost that much weight just in lean muscle mass, so 175-180 is a much more realistic & healthy goal for me.

Basically, tall women need to be guided more by how healthy they look & feel, rather than the weight the scale tells them.
  • danadee
    danadee Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 5'11". I started at 230.
    Before pics was 215, now at 180. Goal: 170

It won't let me add my photo. :/
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and as of last week weighed 230. My highest weight was 242.50. I'm trying. Goal weight is 170 and I'm really hoping to reach my goal by Oct 2012. Good luck to all.

As many others have said here, people trip out when I tell them what I weigh, they're like NO WAY. The height helps cover up I guess.
  • kkuhly
    kkuhly Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump! I am 5'11" and these pics are awesome!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Bump, I am 6ft and can't wait to be able to post pictures on here in about....8-9 months! All of you are fabulous, keep up up the good work!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (not as tall as most of you but still considered tall for a woman) I've lost 50 lbs so far, still have another 50 to go!! But, you can tell a difference.

328342_2976687935651_1215444168_33396884_1741822396_o-1-1-1.jpg
  • hkovich
    hkovich Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 145. It is so great to see all the people who have had such success! Also, omg, where are all you tall girls in real life? I feel like I rarely see girls my height or taller!
  • aliciawakka
    aliciawakka Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone!.. i just joined today and my current weight is around 217lbs.. hoping for around about 155lbs.. no target time scale as of yet! I am 6ft tall and sooo glad i seen this post, very inspirational.. love looking at all the pictures :).. going to take my before pic in the morning and can not wait to get my after pic!.. Well done ladies and keep up the good work!
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing! I'm just beginning. I'm 5' 9.5" and my SW is 220, CW is 217.6. My goal is 165. Looking at your photos is inspiring!
  • rac401
    rac401 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am slightly shorter at 5ft 8". I have lost 25kg or 55lbs.

Bother can't make the photos upload :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!