Any ladies 5ft 11 or around with before/after pics for inspi

Options

Replies

• sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm just over the 6' mark and am currently 248lbs. Goal is 175lbs, tall girls rock!!!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You all look so great and have so much to be proud of! Keep up the good work!
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and these pics are a great inspiration!!! Thanks!
  • AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    BUMP! I love this! I'm 5'11 and down 23lbs so far! Waiting to hit 30 before I take pics! I'm worried I won't see a difference in the pictures! We'll see!!!

Would love some TALL Friends too!!! Please, add me!
  • vastra
    vastra Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello, I only joined MFP 4 days ago so I don't have any pictures yet. I am 5ft 10, starting weight 210lbs, 2lbs lost so far so current weight 208lbs, not much I know but hopefully its the start of things to come!
    I don't know anyone on here yet so its great to see such inspirational pics! :)
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This one deserves a bump! Any more tall ladies out there?
  • chollylops
    Options
    Wow - this needs a new pic!!
    I am between 5'10" and 5'11" but only have a before and during picture right now-- I've lost about 62 lbs but have the goal of losing a total of 140 eventually

BeforeandDuringJune2011.jpg
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I missed this thread back in June! So many great success stories/pictures.

I was actually planning on taking progress pics on Saturday so I'm saving this thread and I'll come back and post them then.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for those pictures. I see that I need to take some too, to contribute here. It's both inspiring and helpful to see what your georgeous tall frames can look like.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Rats, I tried uploading my profile photos onto a website program (Flickr), and the embedded codes don't have "IMG" on the front or on the back. I am clueless how to show photos! But if you click on my avatar, you can see my photos. I am 5' 10", started nearly a year ago (November 2010) at 221, am now down to 149, a loss of 72 lbs. My current photo on my avatar shows me at about a 65 pound loss, so I've lost a bit more since then, and feel fantastic.

I was hoping against hope last November to lose maybe 40 pounds. I was 48.5 years old, and wanted to get down to some sort of normal range before I was 50, and thought "well, I'm almost 50, I'll never get down to "thin", I just want to be normal!". Within 4 months, I had lost 40 pounds. Within 6 months, I had lost about 60. I was ecstatic. Now I think I am at a lower weight than I was in high school. If I remember, I was a size 12 in high school, and now I'm fitting into size 8's. Single digit sizes!

I don't think I was EVER in the 140's (well, maybe in 8th grade!!!)....my goal has been met, but now I'm thinking if I can get to 145, that's a bit over 75 pounds lost and gives me some wiggle-room for fluctuating.
  • chollylops
    Options
    Shame about the photos - I love seeing the comparisons. You have done really well - HUGE congratulations you must feel fantastic!
    Rats, I tried uploading my profile photos onto a website program (Flickr), and the embedded codes don't have "IMG" on the front or on the back. I am clueless how to show photos! But if you click on my avatar, you can see my photos. I am 5' 10", started nearly a year ago (November 2010) at 221, am now down to 149, a loss of 72 lbs. My current photo on my avatar shows me at about a 65 pound loss, so I've lost a bit more since then, and feel fantastic.

I was hoping against hope last November to lose maybe 40 pounds. I was 48.5 years old, and wanted to get down to some sort of normal range before I was 50, and thought "well, I'm almost 50, I'll never get down to "thin", I just want to be normal!". Within 4 months, I had lost 40 pounds. Within 6 months, I had lost about 60. I was ecstatic. Now I think I am at a lower weight than I was in high school. If I remember, I was a size 12 in high school, and now I'm fitting into size 8's. Single digit sizes!

I don't think I was EVER in the 140's (well, maybe in 8th grade!!!)....my goal has been met, but now I'm thinking if I can get to 145, that's a bit over 75 pounds lost and gives me some wiggle-room for fluctuating.
  • chollylops
    Options
    Well done you look fantastic!
    I LOVE this thread! I am 6' tall and wanna share my pictures with you... I'm not done with my journey but these show most of my progress. The first picture is my dad & I in fall of 2006, when I weighed 292 and hadn't begun my weight loss yet. The second picture is my dad & I on the day I got my degree (May 2011) and weighed about 187. I lost 105 pounds the slow/steady way over 5 years and am incredibly proud of myself!! Since then, I have lost another 7 pounds

ATX2006-1.jpg

225566_10100796142166590_7901293_69859086_7823127_n-3.jpg
  • beeks
    beeks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I am 5'9'' and weigh 130 lbs. I look good at 130 but start to look heavy at about 140. These other women look absolutely fabulous at 180 lbs.... lucky girls!!! I don't know why, I think you are right about body frame and how a person carries their weight - you know like how well it is distributed versus carrying wight all in one or two places (buns & tummy).
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My before & durings are in my profile. I'm 5'10" ... started just over 230lbs and am now mid-170s...goal of mid-150's
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    BUMP! 5'11 here!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4 more pounds since my last picture, so after I get a new one I'll post! Everyone looks fabulous!
  • chollylops
    Options
    Bump - come on you tall ladies!!!
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job everyone... this is great. I'm 5"11 and am glad I found this thread. I love seeing everyone's before and after pictures! I'm only about 20 pounds down so no pictures for me... YET! :laugh:

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but there is a tall women group here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10. Starting weight was 195lbs and I'm currently 155 with a GW of 140.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!