INSANITY!!!!! SUPPORT THREAD FOR NEWBIES OF INSANITY!

Options

Replies

• FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i never get that kind of burns, usually around 300-350, guess i just suck .
    don't know, I try not to get hung up on numbers just effects.
    like today havign to adjust my hrm strap
  • SDH15
    SDH15 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am on my second week, and got my HRM yesterday. I used it yesterday on Cardio Power and Resistance and burned 755 calories!! I was amazed! I am still bumming that I haven't lost any weight. I know they say its not a weight loss program, but I still figured I wold lose something?

I find it confusing that at the end of the day after working out I still have almost 500-700 calories to eat, and I am not losing weight but sometimes even gaining it. Can someone please help answer this??

Thanks everyone, and DIG DEEPER!!

Did you calculate your caloric intake with the Harris Benedict equation? Personally (and Im no expert) I find that the number I got through this equation was a little overshot. When I punched the numbers in it told me I should be eating 3400 calories a day to maintain my weight. Compared to every other method/equation Ive used for caloric intake, this figure was a good 500-600 higher....to play it safe I eat between 2300 - 2800 calories a day. When I eat on the lower end of this range I drop lbs easily.

If you think your number might be a little overshot too maybe try lowering your daily caloric intake? Besides that, other little things are too make sure you get enough sleep and drink enough water. Stress can be preventing you from losing weight as well. Keep it up and stay committed and you should see the lbs drop. Month 2 is a whole different story though, you'll definitely need to up your food intake then.
  • ric039
    ric039 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just finished Cardio Recovery. My muscles really needed that break. Holding the squats made my legs catch fire, but oh well. Ready for day 5!
  • gieldakn
    gieldakn Posts: 2
    Options
    I did do that, and I thought it was way too high. So, I am eating about 1500-1700 calories a day, with exercise. Still nothing. Its my break day today, and I am very happy :) 2 weeks down 7 more to go!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I did do that, and I thought it was way too high. So, I am eating about 1500-1700 calories a day, with exercise. Still nothing. Its my break day today, and I am very happy :) 2 weeks down 7 more to go!

You may be eating too little, if you have your base calories that low even after exercise has been added. It is important to get plenty of protein and fuel for your body. I get confused with all of the different ways to find out how many calories I need to eat, but I do know it takes a lot of adjustments and messing with your numbers to figure it out. If you are not losing weight, have low energy, and get frequent headaches, and are exhausted all of the time, you are probably not eating enough and need fuel. Your body may be in starvation mode and is storing fat rather than burning it because you are not eating enough. If this is not the case for you, you have plenty of energy, etc, plus you drink plenty of water, then give it some more time to see if the weight may start falling off, or you may be able to reduce some calories? What is the quality of the food you are eating? That is important too.

I started Core cardio & balance this week. I was nervous about it, but it is not so bad compared to the others, so now I am more nervous about what next week brings!
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Hi all,

Am starting Insanity tommorrow ( doing my fit test today). Am a little bnervous in starting this but am excited to do it at the same. I am a 28 year old female, 5'4 and 155 lbs,( about a size 10/M-L) who was in good shape and then slowly became out of shape, do to work schedules, not playing organized sports anymore, liking chocolate too much, etc, lol.

So i am serious about getting in shape this time and can't wait to start the Insanity workout.

Any tips out there for someone completely new to these workouts??

I realize i may not be able to do all the workouts right away, but am determined to keep going until i can!!

Will post my fitness test results after i do them!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Going straight into the Insanity workouts without having done any working out before hand may be very frustrating for you because it is hard core from the get go. My husband did that when we both started and it was frustrating for him to rest a lot. If you want to jump right into it, be prepared to take breaks, even when they do not do it, and take it slow. Don't try to stay in time with the guys on the video, start slow, listen to your body and do not hurt yourself! That is my advice!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 3rd fit test:

Switch kicks - 69
    Power Jacks - 59
    Power Knees - 73
    Power Jumps - 29
    Globe Jumps - 14
    Suicide Jumps - 16
    Push-Up Jacks - 21
    Low Plank Oblique - 30

Good luck to you all! :)
  • SDH15
    Options
    blah need more motivation if i'm going to survive month 2. took two days off last week to rest for a soccer tournament and finding it very hard to get back into it. Today I did a makeup insanity workout from last week in substitution for core cardio and balance.

Also, i really hope month 2 brings some changes to my body as my body has not seen improvements in the last 2 and a half weeks........despite me busting my butt through all the workouts!
  • hafrench
    hafrench Posts: 5
    Options
    It is hard starting out, but not too frustrating. I knew i wouldn't be able to keep up with the people on the video right away so i am just doing as much as i can, and taking a break when i need to! Am still getting an excellent workout though!!!!
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    My husband and I took pics at the beginning and then took some more at the end of last week and there are some great differences! It seems more for him than me, but I guess that's how it goes, amirite ladies?

Anyway, if I can get up my nerves to post them, I will, but it is a good motivator to keep pushing through!
  • VintageScarlet
    Options
    So, I am in my 4th week now, and I am so frustrated as I haven't lost any weight. I know this could be because muscle weighs more than fat, but it's hard when you've busted your butt and the scale won't budge. My diet has been great 90% of the time as well, which is much better than it was before starting insanity. Did anyone else take awhile before the scale moved? I will take my measurements at the end of this 4th week so perhaps I'll see some movement there. I just want the scale to move so bad!! :)
  • SDH15
    Options
    So, I am in my 4th week now, and I am so frustrated as I haven't lost any weight. I know this could be because muscle weighs more than fat, but it's hard when you've busted your butt and the scale won't budge. My diet has been great 90% of the time as well, which is much better than it was before starting insanity. Did anyone else take awhile before the scale moved? I will take my measurements at the end of this 4th week so perhaps I'll see some movement there. I just want the scale to move so bad!! :)

If you read the other insanity threads..........there are a number of people who actually claimed to gain weight in the first month but all of them said month 2 was a different story. You may be losing inches not lbs as muscle weighs more than fat. Im sure if you keep it up till month 2 youll start to see the lbs drop.
  • VintageScarlet
    Options
    If you read the other insanity threads..........there are a number of people who actually claimed to gain weight in the first month but all of them said month 2 was a different story. You may be losing inches not lbs as muscle weighs more than fat. Im sure if you keep it up till month 2 youll start to see the lbs drop.

Thanks for telling me that! I will have to check out the other threads. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Sounds like I just need to be patient!
  • SDH15
    Options
    I start my first month 2 workout today. Im excited yet nervous. I havent done any peeking at the videos so I have no idea what Im in store for. Month 1 was definitely fun, but most people make it sound like month 1 was just a preparation for the second half. I hope Shaun T kicks my butt, he better because I sure ate a lot of pizza and wings yesterday! Ill post a follow up on how brutal it is.
  • VintageScarlet
    Options
    I start my first month 2 workout today. Im excited yet nervous. I havent done any peeking at the videos so I have no idea what Im in store for. Month 1 was definitely fun, but most people make it sound like month 1 was just a preparation for the second half. I hope Shaun T kicks my butt, he better because I sure ate a lot of pizza and wings yesterday! Ill post a follow up on how brutal it is.

I actually just got done watching two of the month 2 DVDs just to check it out and I am SCARED!! Tomorrow is my rest day, and then Wednesday I start the Core Cardio and Balance week, so I have a little time to mentally prepare. :) Can't wait to hear what you thought about it!
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    Today I did the first of the 2nd month DVD's - Max Interval Plyo and it is a killer!! I was worn out before the "warm up" was completed and could not make it through a good portion of the workout without stopping and gasping, or just staring open mouthed. It is truly "Insane"! I burned almost 800 calories and that is with a lot of rests and stops!
  • VintageScarlet
    Options
    Today I did the first of the 2nd month DVD's - Max Interval Plyo and it is a killer!! I was worn out before the "warm up" was completed and could not make it through a good portion of the workout without stopping and gasping, or just staring open mouthed. It is truly "Insane"! I burned almost 800 calories and that is with a lot of rests and stops!

Yikes! Sounds scary! I will be joining you in month 2 next week. So question...when you take a rest do you just stop for a minute while they keep going, or do you push pause so you don't miss anything. Just curious what other people do. I always just stop for a sec while they keep going, but I've wondered if I should pause it. I guess not because they just stop and catch their breath, but then again, they don't have to stop as much as me!
  • ZoeLifts
    Options
    I don't stop the video, I keep it going. I rest just like they do, and jump back in when I can, when my heart rate is back to normal.
  • blakkandi
    blakkandi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 2 and I love it. Im committed for the next 60 days. I need to do something different to re-start my weight loss.
  • VintageScarlet
    Options
    Blakkandi--Congrats on losing 113 lbs!! What an accomplishment! I think Insanity will be a great jump start for you. Keep us posted!