Want to See What Your Fat REALLY Looks Like!?

Options
I found this shocking image today with the accompanying article:

So I Should Skip Brunch?!

Ugh. This totally ruined me for my typical Sunday food-fest. This is an actual scan of a 250 pound woman and a 120 pound woman. The fat along the arms and legs actually doesn’t bother me a bit, it’s what seems to be going on in the abdominal area that scares the bejesus out of me and is making me think I should nix the french toast this morning (even if it was going to be with whole grain bread).

em0v_bea_ucapx.jpg

Replies

• JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    wow, i can't image what my 303 pound body looks like!!!! yuck
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Wow....just wow.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I for some reason could not bring the pic up,,, i tried to copy and paste it didnt work,, sounds interesting though
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Talk about an eye opener. Thanks for posting this.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    No prob. That's the real deal people.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    That is just crazy. And gross.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    ya, whats even more disturbing than whats going on in the midsection is whats going on in the head. The overweight woman has some big, light-colored blobs in there. I wonder what that is. Fat?
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ok never mind i see it now,,, i didnt scroll down,,,,:noway:
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    ya, whats even more disturbing than whats going on in the midsection is whats going on in the head. The overweight woman has some big, light-colored blobs in there. I wonder what that is. Fat?

Yeah it's all so messed up. It's sad cause our bodies aren't meant to get like that.
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Has anyone been the Bodies exhibits? Similar to that. What is the link to that article?
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Not only is the fat scary, but look at how off-balance (for lack of better word) the muscles are. The body looks completely malalligned.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OHHHHMYGOSH! Makes me want to push my workout even harder today!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    WOW, I can't stop staring at that picture!!! Amazing how the extra fat distorts body shape so much, and not just from the outside appearance but how it pushes your organs into new places and disaligns your skeleton & muscles even. I want my fat gone!!!
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow...
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Now THAT is motivation!! Thanks...and ew.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I can't stop staring... I am so glad I talked myself out of a pasta binge for lunch and went with spinach, kale and rice. That is just so scary.. It makes me wonder if that is what the fat looks like there, what about the viseral fat surrounding all the organs... This will be my motivation to not jump off the wagon...
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    That's an eye opener!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Can't see it at work. bump for later
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I think it's just a slightly different section and is showing part of the cerebellum, don't take that for granted though it's beena long time since my neuroanatomy days!
    What I think is significant is the same size lungs struggling against all that visceral and peripheral fat, no wonder exercise is so much harder when significantly overweight.
    Also look at the strain on the knees and ankles, that persons every waking moment must be so uncomfortable.
    Definitely a great source of inspiration, thanks!
  • bovbjerg
    bovbjerg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Can't see it at work. bump for later

Same here! WTH is up with that - haha!