As I read the food diaries of MFP members..

Options
1235»

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    For me it's cost, ease, and I'm a picky eater. I don't eat the same stuff daily but I have the same 6 or so snack I rotate, mix & match and like to eat. I do a meal replacement shake for breakfast & lunch and I add fruits, peanut butter, instant coffee, etc. I don't have time to make breakfast and the shake is a savior.
  • breadangel
    Options
    My diet is primarily fruits and vegetables and I vary them according to what is in season. Less expensive and tasty, also. For protein, I like yogurt, eggs, fish and occasional meat or poultry. My biggest issue is making my own bread and loving to eat it. Trying out new recipes, a quick test eating and then give the bread to the neighbors or homeless. I freeze some for myself, but it calls out to me even from the freezer.
  • jennfer71
    jennfer71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I find I get a taste for something and then eat it everyday until I hate it :laugh:

Same here!!! LOL
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't boring due to that fact that I love to figure out what I am going to have. I love to go for my husband and our two boys. I hate eating the same thing over and over again so I try to change things. I am on a budget too but I don't let it stop me.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    for me it is just much easier to stick to the same foods. I dont really get bored of it so I figure if it works, why not continue. I find that if I stray from the norm, I dont keep track as well. I find I am satisfied with my choices and really dont desire anything else.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The day after grocery shopping I'll make a huge variety of foods because I have so much to work with!

Fast forward a week or two and I'm running low (or out of) those items I started with, but I'll have some stragglers left over I want to finish or they'll go bad. My current stragglers are nectarines, sprouts, and bananas. I've always got a plethora of canned items so I'll try to mix and match, but year, my diet is going to be fairly boring until I go to the store again.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like variety too so I try a new recipe every other week, but keep to my staples. My staples are jello-temptations, sara lee 45 calorie bread, boca burgers, turkey, mustard, ketchup, eggs, fruit, baked lays, and low cal soup. I always have this stuff on hand for a quick meal. But I have tried crab cakes, cream cheese wontons, meatloaf, sweet potato fries, chicken fajita, and my next is chicken-pot-pie.

I've realized that I can't afford to buy a ton of different ingredients all at once, but overtime I have acquired quite a lot and it hasn't broken the bank. Now when I look at a recipe usually all I need is the poultry/seafood or the produce. I take from the same low-cal recipe sites that I trust (for the most part) and they seem to use a lot of the same healthy ingredients and ways of making things... so now after a couple months on this whole diet thing and a weekly/bi-weekly grocery trip where I have acquired one or two new ingredients (along with my staples) I am able to see a lot more variety in my diary.

Although if you peek @ the diary this week you'll be disappointed because i cheated and its a mess.

My recipe sites...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    was looking through prevention and ran across this (super coincidence!) ...

apparently variety is good but habitual is the "way of the skinny girl."

http://www.prevention.com/naturallyslim/list/5.shtml
  • Your_Doctor_HERE
    Options
    !-The Diet Solution Program-!
    !-How To Lose Weight-!

http://1b3a4xmisk1smy7qmanlvr9o58.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=IM
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm in a routine. It makes shopping and decision making on what to eat very easy. It keeps my calorie and nutritional intake consistent.

This.