5'1" ladies, what are your goals?

Options

Replies

• amorgan101187
    Options
    Im 5"2 and from moving in with my husband I slowly began to lose weight because i thought I could eat what he eats. Then having 2 kids (one 15 month old and one one month old) in such a short period of time I gained so much weight : ( Im currently 192lb and my goal is 135-140 for starters because this was my "happy weight". My small term goal is to be 170lb by labor day weekend for a wedding Im attending.
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my goal weight is 115lbs. I am 38 years old and the weight doesn't seem to come off as easy as when I was younger. I want to be more toned, my stomach is VERY squishy. I know I will never have a six pack but I would like to be able to see some sort of abs under this flab!
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    i'm 5'1.5'' and my ultimate goal is 130lb but my realistic goal is 140lb for starters. i'm on the curvy end of the scale so never going to be the bottom of my healthy range, never was.
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Im around 5'1-5'2 and I would love to be atleast 135lbs, thats my goal(:

Same here!

So glad to see there are others that have goals near the top of our range!! I am 5'2" and even my doctor said that below 135 isn't maintainable for me. I have been on here for a few months now and have managed to lose 6 pounds...but it has taken forever. Just can't seem to get below 140!! Very frustrating, but I am NOT giving up!!
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm just over 5feet tall and at my heaviest was 145.
    My current weight is 113.

My goal weight is 108, but I'd be happy with just seeing a body fat reduction at this point. Not so worried about the scale number much these days.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Im 28 and about 5'2.5, when I first started to change my life I wanted to get to 130, but as I get closer and closer that may change. I think the lowest for me would be about 120 (if thats possible for me lol) For right now Im just focusing on getting to 130 and I'll see how I feel then.
  • jfriend32
    jfriend32 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and my goal in 125lbs. I am VERY busty lol so I think 125 will be good for me. I will reassess when I get there.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I started off at 252, being 5'2. My goal is 110.
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My goal is 120-125 lbs.
  • mynewself
    mynewself Posts: 22
    Options
    5'3 mother of 4 and was happy @ 130 pre kiddos. got smaller than that and didnt like it at all!my football shouldersjust didnt look right!:noway:
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my starting goal is 130. Ultimately I'd like to be around 120, but the smallest I can remember being is 130 so I would like to get there and then reevaluate everything :)
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    First, I just want to say that it's unbelievable to see how everything just sort of clicks with people using this site and how everyone perseveres through ups and downs!

I am almost 5'2" and my goal is to maintain between 120 and 125. The lowest weight I've achieved in adulthood is 136 but with MFP I've surpassed that and am currently around 133. Before MFP, I honestly just thought I was naturally supposed to weigh 140+! I have always been curvy - I have bigger hips and thighs and a larger chest for my frame, not to mention my abnormally huge head :ohwell: so not sure how I'll look once I get to my goal weight, but am going to keep on keepin' on to see!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and I'm currently 165 (size 10), down from 189 (size 16). I'm aiming for an overall "shape" goal. My thighs and hips are out of proportion to my overall frame, so I'm just gonna keep truckin' along until I'm satisfied with my reflection and how my clothes fit.
  • designerel
    designerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'2". My weight goal is 120, my HW was around 160. I'm currently at 150. I've always had muscular arms, so I'd like to tone them and my legs. I also want a flat stomach (got a bit of lower belly pooch going on) as well as narrower shoulders... I've always been self-conscious of my "man shoulders." Not sure if there is much I can do about it, but I do notice my shoulders are more narrow as I've dropped the first 10 pounds.

The smallest I remember being is a size 3/4, in MIDDLE SCHOOL. I doubt I can be that small again (there's only so much I can do). I was around 116-120 most of high school so that is what I am aiming for for now. My weight goals may change as I go along -- I may want to lose more, I may want to lose less. It really depends on my physical appearance as I continue my weight loss journey!
  • chaylajean
    chaylajean Posts: 26
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 22 years old, currently 144 lbs, started at 155, My goal is 115 by November. I am stuggling to lose weight, not sure what is wrong, I have 1200 cals a day, drink lots of water.... burn around 500-600 cals a day working out... still stuck at 144.
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    I am 5 foot 1-ish yes had to add the ish because almost 5 1 lol anyways I am 31 mother of 6 and would like to be right around 120-115 (ultimate goal just looking good in a swim suit )
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my GW is 128 for now, my lowest was 123 in HS when I ran track - between 3-7 miles everyday. I think it varies so much for everyone. I don't know if my body will ever get down to the 110 range. I liked where I was at in HS, but I've had two kids since so I'm keeping it at a reasonalbe goal for now and then I'll see.
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal is to be between 115 and 125. I think anywhere in that range would look good on my body.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    If I was 5'1", I'd want to be taller. Heck...I'm 6'2" and I wish I was taller. (Dreams of being 6'4")

Oh, I see now. You wanted to hear from other ladies. Fine. Be exclusionary. Phhbbtt.

LOL
  • kellysmith619
    Options
    I am 5'2, and my current goal is 122lb. I have been in the upper 120's most of my adult years, then have slowly started creeping up into the 130's. My goal is to get this under control before it gets any higher!!! I would love some short friends with similar goals, so friend me if you are interested!!!! It is easier to keep perspective when people are in a similar goal weight as you:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!